Keira Metz - the best romance so far

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Keira Metz - the best romance so far

Keira Metz

The best romance experiences I had in a game for a long time involves Keira Metz, starting with the quest 'Wandering in the Dark' where Geralt visits her home in Midcopse.

The first meeting is beautiful made. Keira in her classy roman bath, and Geralts "You missed a spot..."

The two are to explore a dungeon to find clues of Ciri's whereabouts. They encounter puzzles and enemies of different levels and categories before they reach what they seek.
All the way you have a feeling of a very close and somewhat intimate flavour between the two. Very varm and understanding. There's just something in the air. Including a friendship and mutual respect. But on a relaxed and natural level.
The atmosphere in the dark caverns pushes the unity.

Later on when Geralt agrees to help Keira with another quest and returns she offers him 'a cosy night'. And it is actually really sweet made. Just like a fairy tale should be. An absolute wonderful scene. Splendid idea of the person who originally got this idea.
After the romance scene Geralt wakes up and realises Keira has used a sleeping spell on him. Off to find her - in the sense of "What's the crazy girl brewing this time..."

When he finds her the conversation has multiple option for the outcome. An it is exactly here you get real deep involved in Keira Metz as a character. It somehow places the candy on top of the cake. Geralt can choose to care or not.

This is actually one of the very best interactions I've experienced for a long time in any game. I enjoyed it very much.

Funny thing is, when I think of the game Keira Metz always pops up as the first thing. It's not Triss or Yennefer who comes to mind, although the main romance is centered on these two characters. Well, yes, they are well made, but they are not nearly as intense and deep as the romance and friendship with Keira Metz.

So, CDPR, a little thought goes your way for a nice experience.

Mush

Attachments

• Keira_Geralt.jpg
    Keira_Geralt.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 2,135
I never really warmed to keira, but i'll admit I was moved more than any other moment in the game when I found out what Radovid did to her. :(

Oh, youngsters these days! Such romantics! One-night stand is not a romance.:listen:

I never let Keira go to Novigrad, I am not completely heartless. Also always let her to keep the notes - why a hell would I take away a medical research from her, how a fuck am I qualified to decide here? Letting Geralt decide something he has no idea about pretty much makes him a douchebag, and I tried to avoid it. So my Keira was alive, well, and happy with Lambert.

...not completely heartless."

What moved me was the natural development in their relationship. Keira pushed a bit, I agree. But what turns you on?

In my case it was the instinct to protect her. After all she did show interest. And you can always discuss wether it was selfish or not. But isn't it always like that to begin with?

"I'll show you mine if you show me yours" if I may attempt a joke. But seriously, isn't that often how relationship and love starts? You show you care?

Kindness is some of the hardest thing to give away, it almost always returns.

There has to be more before I can call it a romance.

When I speak of romance
I do not mean in the sense of sex alone.

In the case of Keira Metz the dialogue options let you go deeper. That's what I mean. Keira her self also showed respect despite her curious way to disappear without Grealt after she used him. But is Geralt really a naive person?

You had a good look at Keira's personality. Wether you like her or not. In my opinion she was very straight forward in her needs and feelings. Nothing hidden there.

If you look for other romance options there are several:

Cerys an Craite -
a very sensual and mysterious woman I'd definetely would investigate further
Philippa Eilhart
- a very clear and notable character. How it would evovle I can say, but still interesting.
Ves - as the tamed but yet wild and determined soul
Priscilla - a...well, yes, butterfly. But maybe she has more?

But I'm quite satisfied with the romance with Keira. Definetely. There's something about her.

Last edited:
:pride:: Wanted to say that since... since Thanned, whenever I see the broken windows, I feel good. Thinking of you.
:smile2:: You'd recovered your memory, found Yennefer. So naturally, I thought the two of you...
:pride:: But it turned out my amnesia'd changed nothing. Wanted to be with you before, during, after - always. I love you, you know.
:cheers4:: Love you too

Best romance by far is with Roach.

If you look for other romance options there are several:

Cerys an Craite -
a very sensual and mysterious woman I'd definetely would investigate further
Philippa Eilhart
- a very clear and notable character. How it would evovle I can say, but still interesting.
Ves - as the tamed but yet wild and determined soul
Priscilla - a...well, yes, butterfly. But maybe she has more?.
Roach - strong-willed and dominant, much like Yennefer, but less dangerous (no ugly spells and vile words) and replacable.

:horse:

Last edited:
Poor Keira M. Do you really wanna her to be targeted by 2 sorceresses?

‘Your witcher,’ said Francesca, ‘during only one hour did more than many do throughout their

whole lives. In short: He broke Dijkstra’s leg, cut off the head of Artuad Terranova and brutal killed

about ten Scoia’tael. Oh, and not forgetting, awakening an unhealthy desire in Keira Metz.’

‘Horrible,’ Yennefer exaggeratedly wrinkled her brow. ‘But Keira has since come to her senses,

right? She does not hold a grudge, I hope. The fact that, once having awakened her desires was

undoubtedly caused by lack of time and not wilful neglect. Reassure her about this on my behalf.’

Baptism of Fire

Besides Keira is a nymphomaniac, she is a woman type of Geralt banging anything that could be banged. Can you imagine those 2 together happily ever after?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom