Keira Metz

+
Keira Metz

So here's a suggestion that could make Keira a more interesting/effective card and put her on a more level field with the other gold mages. Right now Keira's ability is to spawn either Epidemic, Quen or Thunderbolt potion. As she is now, she feels a lot like a gold version of a regular mage. Other gold mages have a more distinct and arguably more powerful ability e.g. Coral or Philippa. Since Keira seems to be more of a protective sorceress (has two buffing effects and is casting a shield in her picture), I think it would be apt if her ability was to cast a more powerful Quen on an entire row or on select units. So for example "shield and boost units on a row by 3", or "shield and boost 4 units on the board by 3" etc... I think these changes would make her feel more unique and useful. Thoughs?

Last edited:
That wouldn't solve anything and it would overlap with Thunderbolt potion, making her less versatile.
Personally i'd suggest replacing quen completely and give her something unique, let Ida be the one with quen cause it fits ST more with their handbuff mechanic. Right now quen represents more or less carryover power so an interesting replacement would be Adrenaline Rush. Another option would be D-Shackles, some people want to see a gold with a lock effect, or maybe both, making Keira really earning her gold status with 4 spell options.

Iuliandrei;n9008790 said:
That wouldn't solve anything and it would overlap with Thunderbolt potion, making her less versatile.
Personally i'd suggest replacing quen completely and give her something unique, let Ida be the one with quen cause it fits ST more with their handbuff mechanic. Right now quen represents more or less carryover power so an interesting replacement would be Adrenaline Rush. Another option would be D-Shackles, some people want to see a gold with a lock effect, or maybe both, making Keira really earning her gold status with 4 spell options.

Yes she would be less versatile but very good at a specific thing like the other gold mages. Overlap with Thunderbolt? How? Like Vilgefortz overlaps with Scorch? Care to elaborate?

In0va;n9008930 said:
Yes she would be less versatile but very good at a specific thing like the other gold mages. Overlap with Thunderbolt? How? Like Vilgefortz overlaps with Scorch? Care to elaborate?

The whole point of having multiple spells to choose from is to make the unit versatile not "very good at a specific thing", she isn't like other mages and she shouldn't be.

The buffs you suggested are very similar to Thunderbolt potion, like "shield and boost 4 units on the board by 3".

Iuliandrei;n9008970 said:
The whole point of having multiple spells to choose from is to make the unit versatile not "very good at a specific thing", she isn't like other mages and she shouldn't be.

The buffs you suggested are very similar to Thunderbolt potion, like "shield and boost 4 units on the board by 3".

Yes I realize that but for that purpose you have the silver mages. Keira is basically a silver mage plus one or two power. Why shouldn't she be like the other gold mages that each have a powerful and unique feeling ability? Don't you think that her already having Thunderbolt potion overlaps with it even more? Why does it matter? Coral has basically Merigold's Hailstorm, that doesn't take anything away from the spell so I don't really see where you're coming from with the overlap thing.

Top Bottom