Kerry Eurodyne Appreciation Thread

+

Guest 4412420

Because he deserves one! :D

I found Kerry to be a very fascinating character. His role as an artist and celebrity was very interesting, (and something I wish was explored more because cyberpunk as a genre doesn't focus on entertainment/art and its place in a dystopian future much) his internal struggles and the loss of creative spark felt like a natural progression for his character based on what little I read about his background from the tabletop. His quests were a refreshing change of pace, there are little details that shed more light on Kerry as a character and what he's going through and they add to overall complexity of his character. I feel that his romance is something where it lacks content the most, and I wish the story relevance wasn't so divided in favor of lady LIs, but even then I still really enjoyed what's there, and think he's fantastically written character.

To sum this up, I really like Kerry as a character and while it's too early to tell what future holds for Cyberpunk 2077, I hope Kerry (and other LIs) won't be forgotten.

I feel that his romance is something where it lacks content the most, and I wish the story relevance wasn't so divided in favor of lady LIs,
This is my gripe with River too. You can completely ignore quests that lead to romancing both Kerry and River and the story would not change, you could have the choice between the Arasaka, Panam, and Rogue endings.

I love Kerry. I love how absolutely unhinged he can be (and arguably is) during Rebel! Rebel! and I Don't Wanna Hear It.

I also love his music. We get only a slight taste of it and I want so much more. I think his version of Chippin' In is better than Samurai's.

Guest 4412420

This is my gripe with River too. You can completely ignore quests that lead to romancing both Kerry and River and the story would not change, you could have the choice between the Arasaka, Panam, and Rogue endings.
Yes! Both Kerry and River were snubbed in this regard and it's a shame. They should have been introduced earlier and while I understand that not all LIs can follow V into combat, it still would have been nice if each of them could offer something.

I also love his music. We get only a slight taste of it and I want so much more. I think his version of Chippin' In is better than Samurai's.
Same here! You can find lyrics to User Friendly and I would have loved to hear his original version. It's odd how Samurai is suppose to be the band only diehards remember but you can hear their songs but something from Kerry's solo career? Nothing.

Yeah, Kerry is pretty badass. I really like how CDPR implemented the gay and trans characters in cyberpunk. For once it I enjoyed some really likeable, flawed, and very human characters without feeling like I'm getting schooled on some sjw issue like some other games.

Something about Kerry was bugging me for a while, and then I realised he has the same voice actor as the raiders in fallout 4. Made blowing shit up with him feel very natural for his character :LOL:
They really did him dirty by introducing him so late game.

I love Kerry. I wish his quests weren't squeezed in at the very end so more people could experience them. He's crazy, full of energy, funny, has an interesting character design and the whole "art in a Cyberpunk world" topic is super exciting, same as braindance.

Of course, if his romance was longer that would be fantastic, there is still so much to explore, but that also applies to River (and the girls to some extend).

I love Kerry. I love how absolutely unhinged he can be (and arguably is) during Rebel! Rebel! and I Don't Wanna Hear It.

OK, I'm not female, but I really don't get what's attractive about River. I love the Raymond Chandleresque storylines, but the character? He's moody, over-intense, vengeful. And when you're investigating or fighting together, he leaves you to do most of the work (but I suppose that's typical of men, yes?).

I can see why Kerry Eurodyne might be interesting (is he romanceable if you're playing female?); but if I were a straight woman, I'd be moaning that Viktor Vektor isn't romanceable!

Kerry is awesome. I agree, that his story could've been implemented a little earlier. Also, his arc could've been more fleshed out. Maybe it's naive, but I think CDPR will continue to add some features regarding the love interests (more missions regarding them would be soooo awesome!)

As for the "age gap" - I don't mind it that much. He doesn't look nor does he act like his biological age. I also like that he has a direct past with Johnny Silverhand.
Another thing many complain about is that he's the "stereotypical gay man" - Well I think it comes down to personal taste here. My V certainly likes him the way he is. ;)

OK, I'm not female, but I really don't get what's attractive about River. I love the Raymond Chandleresque storylines, but the character? He's moody, over-intense, vengeful. And when you're investigating or fighting together, he leaves you to do most of the work (but I suppose that's typical of men, yes?).

I can see why Kerry Eurodyne might be interesting (is he romanceable if you're playing female?); but if I were a straight woman, I'd be moaning that Viktor Vektor isn't romanceable!

he's only romancable if V is a guy. But there are many women including me who enjoy playing male characters romancing guys, so I don' think we are completely fucked, even though River is meh.^^

Guest 4412420

Kerry is awesome. I agree, that his story could've been implemented a little earlier. Also, his arc could've been more fleshed out. Maybe it's naive, but I think CDPR will continue to add some features regarding the love interests (more missions regarding them would be soooo awesome!)
Several people in different threads brought up something about CDPR adding more Triss content in TW3 because people wanted more? I certainly hope that's the case and they'll eventually do the same with Cyberpunk, cause getting more opportunities to hang out with the LIs would be fantastic. Let V invite them to their apartment. :giggle:

He's super cool for real I mean it. The yacht scene is epic but unless they give me a way to progress through his story without having to try and kiss him I'll probably just ignore him after a like supreme from now on. Not exactly roleplay friendly for a gay female character.

He's super cool for real I mean it. The yacht scene is epic but unless they give me a way to progress through his story without having to try and kiss him I'll probably just ignore him after a like supreme from now on. Not exactly roleplay friendly for a gay female character.
You don't have to kiss him to get his quests :think:

Guest 4412420

I am absolutely stealing this idea, but if anyone has any screenshots of Kerry to share please do (as long as it's not breaking any forum rules of course) as this is an appreciation thread. :D
photomode_27122020_070349.png

Last edited by a moderator:
You want Kerry screens? I got Kerry screens!
Cyberpunk2077_FOgv9hxcOv.jpg
Cyberpunk2077_UBoKxX0wes.jpg
Cyberpunk2077_HxJJS6VcSk.jpg

I fully believe he was loving the attention the Us Cracks girls were giving him.

-snip- but if I were a straight woman, I'd be moaning that Viktor Vektor isn't romanceable!
Possibly the wrong thread to talk about it; I don't want to derail because we're talking about Kerry. River: Tall, strong, cares about his family, knock-off Dwayne Johnson in the face, genuinely wants to catch the bad guys. So what, he's moody. Every romance option is. It's not like Judy carries the brunt of the investigation when you're in the Scav XBD factory. Rescuing Saul? V's doing the hard work, not Panam. In the Red Rose or whatever the heck (I can't remember the name right now), he comes running to your aid if you trigger combat with The Animals. Vengeful? He wants revenge because of how close he was to the situation. His nephew was a victim. He wants revenge, he doesn't go through with it. He cares about justice.

That said, you're damn right I'm upset Viktor's not romanceable. I'm come to terms with no Takemura romance, but Vik? I will be upset about that for a long, long time.

Guest 4412420

Yeah, I like Kerry a lot too, probably my favourite character, and the moment where he's playing guitar on yacht is definitely one of the most impressive in the game. I wish we can spend more time with him.
Same! It was such a lovely and relaxing moment and that tune he played was great. Hope they'll make it into a full song for an expansion or something. But yes, these quiet moments you get to spend with some of the characters are one of the best parts in the game.

Top Bottom