Kerry Eurodyne Appreciation Thread

+

Guest 4412420

There's an hour loop of that on YouTube and, my god, do I love just putting that on. It's so sweet and relaxing.
Ooh, thank you for sharing! Didn't know there's a one hour version. :D

And while we're on the subject of music, someone found Off the Leash in the game's files and uploaded it on Youtube. I wonder if this song was originally supposed to be played during the quest, or maybe on the radio.

You can actually catch a glimpse of that at their show, but I don't think you get any of the song. At least, I didn't. Fingers crossed it pops up sooner or later because that song is something else. :ROFLMAO:

I want a little figurine of cartoon Kerry. And a print of his giant Samurai portrait.

Last edited:

Guest 4412420

You can actually catch a glimpse of that at their show, but I don't think you get any of the song. At least, I didn't. Fingers crossed it jump pops up sooner or later because that song is something else. :ROFLMAO:
I think the song that actually plays is their cover of User Friendly. It sounds like it judging from the lyrics.

Aye, I can see that Goro Takemura could also be an interesting straight male romance option.
Before I learned about all LIs, I thought we'd get to see a glimpse of different aspects of Night City society through them. And we kind of do through most of them but it's very brief. Which makes it even more puzzling how there's no corpo LI.

Well deserved Kerry love. I loved how the longer you looked into Kerry, the more complex you realized he was. I haven't tried his romance path but got the feeling he was looking right through V to Johnny.

I missed him completely in my first playthrough, which is a shame. I was trying to avoid spoilers and jumped into the ending too quick. His quests are some of the most memorable in the game.
photomode_09012021_111843.jpg

Guest 4412420

I haven't tried his romance path but got the feeling he was looking right through V to Johnny.
I feel this is a fairly common misunderstanding regarding Kerry's romance. Initially, he does want to hang out with V because of Johnny (how fast he leaves at the end of A Like Supreme, he sounds disappointed when it's V who picks in Rebel Rebel) but he gets over that by the end of Rebel Rebel and later on spends time with V because he's V.

And if you do The Devil or The Sun endings, Kerry stays with V even though he knows that Johnny's gone.

Oh boy, it makes me so happy to see this thread!

I love Kerry, he is awesome and a very interesting character. My favorite too. I enjoyed his quests a lot and I really wish, there would be more of him in the game. The whole romance felt rushed and short. This still makes me sad, because I think this is a big waste. He is a deep character, but you only get a glimpse of it.

I really hope, they will give us more of him in the future and the DLCs. The internet is all about Panam and Judy, and don't get me wrong! I like them aswell, I really do, but sometimes I think nobody cares about Kerry. That it doesn't matter if he is getting more content or not. So, thank you guys! It's so good to see him finally getting some love here.

Guest 4412420

but sometimes I think nobody cares about Kerry. That it doesn't matter if he is getting more content or not. So, thank you guys! It's so good to see him finally getting some love here.
That's precisely why I made this thread, so that people who like Kerry would have a place to share their love for his character. And perhaps as a way to show that there are indeed people who care about him and would very much like to see more of him in the future. ;)

Kerry really grew on me, at first I thought he was ridiculously immature, and I was actually mad at his character when he
gave Henry Denny's address, when he didn't know the full details of why she was hiding from him.
His initial plan for Us Cracks was really childish too, and I was worried that he was going to do something horrible even with my V's intervention. By the time he invited V to the boat, however, I started to feel for him...he actually does show growth, and he wants to be a better person. Plus, his song was one of my favorite moments in the game.

By the end I wished I could have romanced him with my female V, and I was pretty annoyed when I found out that he's canonically bisexual in the TTRPG and in the game they cut his voiced comments about his ex-wife. But that's a rant for another thread, lol, I do appreciate his character as a friend to V as well.

Aw, I totally missed Kerry's questline. I already cleared out the entire map and after the concert I had nothing left to do. I didn't know I was going to get a call from him so I went past the point of no return.:rolleyes:

I also didn't call Nancy, but that quest had been in my log for such a long time I forgot all about it.

I could load the endgame save, but a new playthrough seems more fun.

Aw, I totally missed Kerry's questline. I already cleared out the entire map and after the concert I had nothing left to do. I didn't know I was going to get a call from him so I went past the point of no return.:rolleyes:

I also didn't call Nancy, but that quest had been in my log for such a long time I forgot all about it.

I could load the endgame save, but a new playthrough seems more fun.

do it. His questline is definitely one fo the best and he brings an interesting new facette to the whole street vs corpo thing. And the boat scene is supreme.

I desperately need more Kerry in case there will be a post ending expansion. He mentioned wanting to play Crystal Palace...sooo much potential...

Guest 4412420

By the time he invited V to the boat, however, I started to feel for him...he actually does show growth, and he wants to be a better person. Plus, his song was one of my favorite moments in the game.
Yes! Seeing that growth and him putting old shadows to rest was truly satisfying to see.

I desperately need more Kerry in case there will be a post ending expansion. He mentioned wanting to play Crystal Palace...sooo much potential...
Same here. Crystal Palace seems like a such a cool, new area to explore I really hope they'll do something with it. And if there's any character that has a good and logical reason to be there, it's definitely Kerry.

This was me on my first playthrough too. They said "we gotta get to Hanako" so after the concert, I just went to Hanako. :ROFLMAO: Because of that, I make sure to do Chippin' In and get Kerry's storyline queued up as soon as possible now, so I still have stuff to do while I'm waiting for Kerry's texts/calls.

I usually save the main story quests for the end, but since I don't want Kerry to feel tagged on right at the end, I guess I'll also complete Chippin' in and Rogue's thing as soon as possible if I ever replay the game. It just feels weird if you romance him like 2 days before almost dying from coughing your lungs out. Btw has somebody found out why a chip damaging your brain makes you cough like a 19th century tuberculosis victim?:smart:

I usually save the main story quests for the end, but since I don't want Kerry to feel tagged on right at the end, I guess I'll also complete Chippin' in and Rogue's thing as soon as possible if I ever replay the game. It just feels weird if you romance him like 2 days before almost dying from coughing your lungs out. Btw has somebody found out why a chip damaging your brain makes you cough like a 19th century tuberculosis victim?:smart:
My would be the blood is coming brain leaking into the sinuses and down the back of the throat. I get why they did it this way, It's kind of hard to show symptoms of blood leaking out of the ears or the nose in 1st person.

Guest 4412420

Thank you for starting this thread! I love the fact that he's more famous than he ever was with Samurai, yet he still feels overshadowed by Johnny. That's a dread that I don't ever want to feel.
And thank you and everyone else who's leaving comments here! :)

I think it's just that kind of effect Johnny has on people, even Rogue wasn't able to move on from him completely.

Also sharing some cut content people found and posted on Youtube. Putting both under the spoiler tag.
Kerry talking about his ex-wife.
And it appears here that Johnny does indeed have something to say to Kerry's romance but it also got cut.

And thank you and everyone else who's leaving comments here! :)

I think it's just that kind of effect Johnny has on people, even Rogue wasn't able to move on from him completely.

Also sharing some cut content people found and posted on Youtube. Putting both under the spoiler tag.
Kerry talking about his ex-wife.
And it appears here that Johnny does indeed have something to say to Kerry's romance but it also got cut.

Those two vids are hella interesting. Wonder if they just moved these dialogues out for later use. Maybe they want to rework them into the narrative?

Top Bottom