Kerry Eurodyne Appreciation Thread

+

Guest 4412420

Those two vids are hella interesting. Wonder if they just moved these dialogues out for later use. Maybe they want to rework them into the narrative?
They might, hard to say. But honestly I think it's just cut content they removed for whatever reason or didn't have time to properly implement. The ex-wife one for example, it's Johnny talking to Kerry so we know exactly when that one was suppose to happen. Hopefully they'll restore it but I'm not keeping my hopes up.

I honestly think that the vast majority of characters in CP 2077 are extremely flat - including main characters like Johnny and so on and so forth. Kerry is a nice guy, but ultimately, he isn't really very fleshed out in the end either. The main- and side-quest arcs are just too short for the variety of characters in CP 2077. Additionally, the story itself isn't really mature and suffers from what you could call "edgelord-complex". The motivations of most characters are either childish or downright stupid. The only character that truly felt somewhat authetic to me was Judy.

Maybe they somehow thought they'd get less complaints about him not being romanceable by both male and female Vs, but yeah. The other information is right there lol. That's major speculation though and probably wrong. Just the only reason I could possibly think of.

Guest 4412420

Maybe they somehow thought they'd get less complaints about him not being romanceable by both male and female Vs
That one didn't work out too well, but yeah, it's as good of a guess as any why it was cut.

I stumbled upon another bit of missing content, this one was posted on tumblr.
It appears that there was suppose to be an option to kiss your LI when you went to visit them. I don't know if anyone found something like this for others but if it exists for Kerry then it should for others as well.

My man, Kerry. Fuck yeah.

Have some handsome. On the house.

cp2077_wallp_kerry_boat.jpg

SPOILER_photomode_04012021_112356.png

SPOILER_photomode_06012021_211822.png

I haven't finished the game yet, Kerry and Bes's quests are the ones I have left (I think) before meeting Hanako. Only gotten to the point where they visit Us Cracks. I do appreciate that this game presents us with characters that aren't always easy to define. He was starting to irk me on Silverhand levels during the Us Cracks stuff, but in the end I couldn't help but laugh. So far I enjoy his missions, it's a welcome change of pace. Before that I was wrapping up a lot of police scanner stuff, so it was neat to do something involving music and in game celebrities. Personally, I think Kerry is one of the coolest looking male NPCs in the game. Also love his vocals.

photomode_04022021_151050.png

The only, only problem with Kerry is where he is in the game. His story has the lowest stakes for the world at large but his missions aren't even an option until you're at the point in the story where the stakes are the highest. It creates this weird kind of dissonance where you're playing gigs and scaring roadies when you're supposed to be on the verge of death.

I absolutely love him as a character, I just wish they'd found a was to space out the main story better so these didn't feel like you're killing yourself so get coffee with him.

I think Kerry is the most sincere character of the game. The rest are not so true and always have something to hide.
Kerry shows himself as he is, his feelings, his fears...

In my first ending, after finishing the game, Kerry's quests with US Cracks was very satisfactory, and very refreshing missions. I enjoyed them much and wished for more.

WARNING SPOILERS BELOW (sorry, I can't manage the spoilers insert)

In fact, in the suicide ending, He gets really upset and angry, insulting V and calling you coward. To me, once again, is the most sincere answer of all.
Also, I returned to Kerry's and peek his computer... He was married and with children. His wife (exwife) using the children to hurt him... that really upset me

Attachments

• photomode_25012021_234039.jpg
    photomode_25012021_234039.jpg
    595.3 KB · Views: 90
  • photomode_25012021_234703.jpg
    photomode_25012021_234703.jpg
    378.4 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Kerry is definitely one of the highlights of the game and the voice performance is so much fun. Matthew Yang King did a fantastic job. Shame a lot of the side characters are siloed off from the main storyline though. Really makes me appreciate how Mass Effect handles characters with respect to the main storyline. More integrated.

I honestly think that the vast majority of characters in CP 2077 are extremely flat - including main characters like Johnny and so on and so forth. Kerry is a nice guy, but ultimately, he isn't really very fleshed out in the end either. The main- and side-quest arcs are just too short for the variety of characters in CP 2077. Additionally, the story itself isn't really mature and suffers from what you could call "edgelord-complex". The motivations of most characters are either childish or downright stupid. The only character that truly felt somewhat authetic to me was Judy.

Yeah, I mostly agree although I have a slightly different way of looking at how they handled Johnny. I thought his personality was written fine but I didn't think he was challenged enough by V over his views. There was a little of it but there were also quite a few times I wanted V to respond to a sexist/objectifying statement he might have made, but there was usually no option to. Which feels weird given that it's a world set up as deeply exploitative.

Kerry is definitely one of the highlights of the game and the voice performance is so much fun. Matthew Yang King did a fantastic job. Shame a lot of the side characters are siloed off from the main storyline though. Really makes me appreciate how Mass Effect handles characters with respect to the main storyline. More integrated.

It might seem strange but I actually really liked that they were separated from the main story, at least in their endings. Judy's I think was expertly handled structurally--the main story introduces you to her, but she branches off on her own. River / Kerry could've used a similar introductory point, too.

For me, it made them feel more like they had their own lives. The Dragon / Mass Effect model where everyone follows you around like a pile of puppies would've felt a lot more artificial in this setting, I think. Made a whole youtube vid about why I liked this approach, although it's admittedly very heavily due to my own personal life experience.

It might seem strange but I actually really liked that they were separated from the main story, at least in their endings. Judy's I think was expertly handled structurally--the main story introduces you to her, but she branches off on her own. River / Kerry could've used a similar introductory point, too.

For me, it made them feel more like they had their own lives. The Dragon / Mass Effect model where everyone follows you around like a pile of puppies would've felt a lot more artificial in this setting, I think. Made a whole youtube vid about why I liked this approach, although it's admittedly very heavily due to my own personal life experience.

Ah man, JUDY!!! :cry: I really disagree about her - but that's probably because my V romanced her quite early in the game. After the date she's just sort of there in the background for the latter half of the story doing nothing. "Oh you're dying? Okay, cool, you go deal with that, I'll wait over here". And that's probably because they didn't have time to involve her back into the main plot. Shame because it would've made a ton of sense if she joined the nomads to help in Act 3.

From a structural standpoint I thought how they handled her in the Path of Glory ending definitely worked for sure - but in the nomad ending... oooft, no, she felt sorta tacked on. I still can't get over how the final shot was V and Panam instead of V and Judy.

Oh I agree on your last point - just to be clear I don't think Cyberpunk should be Mass Effect. What Mass Effect did with its characters worked for Mass Effect (save for the criminal lack of denoument). With Cyberpunk it's definitely a different and more difficult problem to solve.

Guest 4412420

In fact, in the suicide ending, He gets really upset and angry, insulting V and calling you coward. To me, once again, is the most sincere answer of all.
I found his voicemail in this ending pretty interesting as he's talking from a place of understanding. He's been there too (I didn't buy it for a second that his depression and suicide attempt was just a PR stunt like he tells Johnny) and the way he talks: "... that this would adequately convey what you thought of this shitty world" sounds like he's talking more about how he himself felt back when he attempted it. That's how I saw it anyway.

Kerry is awesome! I really liked that in contrast to a lot of other characters he was actually talking about his problems... well except the suicide attempt and I'm glad Johnny and V were there to stop it. There is such a lovable male vulnerability under that rockerboy vest, my tomboyish female V was smitten. But she accepted his boundaries and didn't try anything weird. I'll definitely play a male V next just to romance Kerry! :3

Cyberpunk 2077_20210123235128.jpg

Post automatically merged:

I found his voicemail in this ending pretty interesting as he's talking from a place of understanding. He's been there too (I didn't buy it for a second that his depression and suicide attempt was just a PR stunt like he tells Johnny) and the way he talks: "... that this would adequately convey what you thought of this shitty world" sounds like he's talking more about how he himself felt back when he attempted it. That's how I saw it anyway.

It's pretty clear to me, that he wasn't just showering when V and Johnny were paying him a visit, I think he would have killed (or at least tried to) himself right there in that moment. I don't think he's THAT paranoid taking a gun to the bathroom with a garden full of security bots. Also when he gives the Archangel to V he says:
"The very gun I tried to shoot Johnny with - when he broke into my house."
V: "Meaning you tried to shoot me."
K: "Yeah and earlier... Eh, never mind."

:giveup:

(Maybe it's just in my head though, but it made perfectly sense to me in that moment and I just wanted to hug him! Why can't we hug our NPC-friends???)

The only, only problem with Kerry is where he is in the game. His story has the lowest stakes for the world at large but his missions aren't even an option until you're at the point in the story where the stakes are the highest. It creates this weird kind of dissonance where you're playing gigs and scaring roadies when you're supposed to be on the verge of death.

I absolutely love him as a character, I just wish they'd found a was to space out the main story better so these didn't feel like you're killing yourself so get coffee with him.

I would gladly kill myself every time to have Kerry invite me for a good old organic double espresso! Heck, I would even pay for the coffee - there are definitely too few coffee-dates or just good moments of hanging out with NPCs in this game.

Last edited:

Guest 4412420

It's pretty clear to me, that he wasn't just showering when V and Johnny were paying him a visit, I think he would have killed (or at least tried to) himself right there in that moment. I don't think he's THAT paranoid taking a gun to the bathroom with a garden full of security bots. Also when he gives the Archangel to V he says:
"The very gun I tried to shoot Johnny with - when he broke into my house."
V: "Meaning you tried to shoot me."
K: "Yeah and earlier... Eh, never mind."
When he gave V his gun I knew what he almost said but I thought he meant the time his bodyguard stopped him, the attempt Johnny mentioned, but I think you're right. Not like the bodyguard would just give the gun back after something like this. Which makes it even worse cause that means he tried it at at least twice. I really really wish you had an option to talk to Kerry about this. I get why he didn't tell Johnny but he's more willing to open up to V.

Oh my gosh, this makes absolutely sense.
I thought, when he gave V the gun, he was talking about the one time with his bodyguard. But this really seems wrong to me now.

I always wondered why the hell he had a gun in the bathroom. Sure, he is famous, but this is not the place you would keep your weapon normally. And of course, the garden is full of security bots, so there is no need for keeping a gun nearby while showering. This makes me sad. Really really sad. I struggled with depressions myself and even just think about killing yourself is horrifying. Poor Kerry. But V really made a big impact. Not only helping him out of Johnny's shadow, he literally saved Kerry's life.

Sorry for making you sad, I more or less just wanted to share my observation, but I'm also glad that you two agree. I think that it is those little human side notes and dark undertones where the game really shines. This is some brilliant writing!

I think Kerry will talk to V about it at some point, he was pretty open about everything else so far for the short time they knew each other. That V is always dying in one way or another, probably doesn't help much though... V has enough on their plate as it is.

Also I want this as a high-resolution poster, badly! <3

KerryEurodyne_CompleteOfficialGuide.jpg

That said, you're damn right I'm upset Viktor's not romanceable. I'm come to terms with no Takemura romance, but Vik? I will be upset about that for a long, long time.

Vik was my V's first love in the game. I kind of moved on to Panam and Kerry after that (always hunting the ones who are far too cool or simply not interested in me, heh, story of my life! XD ), but I'll never forget how adorably happy Vik was after you beat Razor Hughes. So yes, I'm still upset about that as well - also super upset about that last talk he gives you before throwing you out of the shop, ugh!

Cyberpunk 2077_20210107190810.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom