Kerry Eurodyne Appreciation Thread

+
And thank you and everyone else who's leaving comments here! :)

I think it's just that kind of effect Johnny has on people, even Rogue wasn't able to move on from him completely.

Also sharing some cut content people found and posted on Youtube. Putting both under the spoiler tag.
Kerry talking about his ex-wife.
And it appears here that Johnny does indeed have something to say to Kerry's romance but it also got cut.
I don’t even understand why they cut out these conversations.

What would be a fun/interesting picture for Kerry to send V if he ever did? Panam, River (well, Joss), and Judy all send pictures during a text conversation, but Kerry never does. I realized this after receiving the Aldecaldos campfire photo.

What do you think Kerry would send if he did (or for someone else like Blue Moon to send, like Joss did)? Messy table from song writing? One of his guitars? A photo from a gig?

I believe that Kerry's quest can be summarized as, "Keith Richards wants to destroy Babymetal. You must help."

Which...honestly is one of the best concepts of the game.

I believe that Kerry's quest can be summarized as, "Keith Richards wants to destroy Babymetal. You must help."

Which...honestly is one of the best concepts of the game.
Yeah, but in the end,
Keith Richards teams up with Babymetal.
Which is hilarious and fantastic.

Guest 4412420

What would be a fun/interesting picture for Kerry to send V if he ever did? Panam, River (well, Joss), and Judy all send pictures during a text conversation, but Kerry never does. I realized this after receiving the Aldecaldos campfire photo.

What do you think Kerry would send if he did (or for someone else like Blue Moon to send, like Joss did)? Messy table from song writing? One of his guitars? A photo from a gig?
An interesting question. Hopefully, a pic of his house getting cleaned lol.

Though a pic of his guitar to show that he's creating music again would be sweet too. Doesn't look like he's writing songs in a notebook, so a guitar would be an easier way to show this, I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t even understand why they cut out these conversations.
Replying to an old post but potentially two things:

1) Potentially stereotyping of gay people based on an already increasingly dated idea that they will marry a woman to hide from themselves and come out later, which damages the character.

2) If you listen to the delivery, especially in the second clip, this is dialogue that no actor can actually speak in a compelling way. It's a word salad.

Guest 4412420

1) Potentially stereotyping of gay people based on an already increasingly dated idea that they will marry a woman to hide from themselves and come out later, which damages the character.
I don't think this is the case. You can see a male groupie about to go down on Kerry in one of Johnny's memories. This one might be a stretch but there's also a datashard review of a video game whose protagonist seems to be inspired by Kerry (last name Kerr and he's mentioned to be a rockerboy) and one of said character's motivations for revenge includes a dead boyfriend, so it doesn't look like Kerry was hiding his attraction to men from anyone.

In the tabletop, Kerry is bisexual and there are emails in the game between him and his ex-wife. To me, it feels like they wanted to address that he's bi (he says he'll tell the other Samurai members that V is his new partner regardless of V's gender) but then stopped halfway, which makes the removal of the 1st clip puzzling because they cut the dialogue but the picture of his ex-wife is still in the game. I honestly have no idea what they were going for.

An interesting question. Hopefully, a pic of his house getting cleaned lol.

Though a pic of his guitar to show that he's creating music again would be sweet too. Doesn't look like he's writing songs in a notebook, so a guitar would be an easier way to show this, I think.

Edit: Sneaking in a couple screenshots from A Like Supreme.
Yeah, I think the guitar is a great way to show it too. But yeah, omg Kerry hire at least a one-time maid or something! :ROFLMAO:

I love that second screenshot especially!

Cool character. Fun quests. Good banter. What's not to love :cool:
photomode_14052021_223601.png

Guest 4412420

Very nice screenshots, thank you for sharing! :giggle:

I just wish he was introduced sooner to V, because a great chunk of players are going to miss most, if not all, of his quests
I was actually thinking about how CDPR could have done it differently. In my opinion, it would have been better if instead of Hanako telling V to meet her at Embers immediately, she instead said that she needs time to prepare and will contact V when she's ready. Hanako could then call V either after Kerry's personal questline is finished or after V refuses to help Johnny, so that people wouldn't be forced to help him (Johnny) if they don't want to.

I was actually thinking about how CDPR could have done it differently. In my opinion, it would have been better if instead of Hanako telling V to meet her at Embers immediately, she instead said that she needs time to prepare and will contact V when she's ready. Hanako could then call V either after Kerry's personal questline is finished or after V refuses to help Johnny, so that people wouldn't be forced to help him (Johnny) if they don't want to.
Honestly, CDPR could/should have included the Kerry and River quests in the main quest line :(
(By leaving the possibility of refusing or agreeing to do them)
The main quest line would have also seemed longer for those who found it "short".
Post automatically merged:

For Kerry, that would have been pretty straightforward in my opinion (instead of putting him after Rogue)

Let's imagine that we leave the Megabuilding H8 (after "Automatic Love" and the discussion with Johnny), we come across a billboard (nearby Brendan) with Kerry on it and a dialogue starts (like "Fool on the hill").
"Hey, V, look at that!"
"They says Kerry want to commit a suicide, I want to know. Can you take me to see him ?"

It seems to me, way better than after all the Rogue quests :)

Last edited:

Guest 4412420

Honestly, CDPR could/should have included the Kerry and River quests in the main quest line :(
I don't think that introducing secondary characters via side quests is inherently a problem. A lot of games do this, and if you look at Steam achievements for example, River is not that far behind Judy in terms of how many people completed their storylines. The problem with Kerry is that he's introduced by the time the game is pretty much over.

Let's imagine that we leave the Megabuilding H8 (after "Automatic Love" and the discussion with Johnny), we come across a billboard (nearby Brendan) with Kerry on it and a dialogue starts (like "Fool on the hill").
"Hey, V, look at that!"
"They says Kerry want to commit a suicide, I want to know. Can you take me to see him ?"

It seems to me, way better than after all the Rogue quests :)
I had a very similar idea in mind about how he could be introduced earlier. :D

This however introduces a problem, because Johnny wants to do right by his friends only when he has a heart-to-heart with V at the oil fields. Which is when he admits to what a bastard he was. Doing it before that conversation wouldn't make much sense. I guess they could have made Johnny's questline trigger earlier. Maybe in Act 2, after that one conversation where V and Johnny talk about death and Mikoshi. Nothing like death to remind people they have unfinished business.

I had a very similar idea in mind about how he could be introduced earlier. :D

This does however introduce a problem because Johnny wants to do right by his friends only when he has a heart-to-heart with V at the oil fields. Which is when he does some self-reflecting and realizes what a bastard he was. Doing it earlier wouldn't make much sense. I guess they could have made the questline trigger earlier. Maybe after that one conversation where V and Johnny talk about death and Mikoshi. Nothing like death to remind people they have unfinished business.
Yep if we consider it's johnny who proposes to meet Kerry, the oil field is the best moment.

But with the dialogue, it's possible to avoid that. By making that it's V who offers Johnny to go see Kerry, like :
"Hey Johnny, look at that"
"It's Kerry ? I saw him in your memories, he was your friend, no ?"
"They said that Kerry want to commit a suicide ! He live at North Oak, it's not far. If I could talk to Jackie, I'll do it, that's sure ! Do you want to see him ? Seriously, Johnny, we should !"

Even if the concert does not start until after the oil field.

Top Bottom