Key binding for crouch has some issues

+
I can only use "C", the default, as the key for crouch. If I map it to something else, the key doesn't always respond. Sometimes I have to press it twice to crouch, but sometimes I don't have to. This happens to either crouch hold or crouch toggle. I much prefer to use Left Ctrl to toggle crouch like I do in many games. At first I thought my keyboard (Logitech G910) was broken in some way, but the same thing happened when I mapped crouch to one of my mouse buttons ("Mouse 4", a side button on Logitech G502 Hero).

I can only use "C", the default, as the key for crouch. If I map it to something else, the key doesn't always respond. Sometimes I have to press it twice to crouch, but sometimes I don't have to. This happens to either crouch hold or crouch toggle. I much prefer to use Left Ctrl to toggle crouch like I do in many games. At first I thought my keyboard (Logitech G910) was broken in some way, but the same thing happened when I mapped crouch to one of my mouse buttons ("Mouse 4", a side button on Logitech G502 Hero).
i have had this issue and long pressing causes issues but a quick press works for the crouch. I have it on mouse button 3

Similar for me, except caps lock is the issue.

I always use caps for sprint in fps games, yet no matter if I change it and it displays on the screen as sprint being caps, caps always brings up the scan. Bit annoying as my muscle memory is for sprint. Can oive with it in single player but will become a real issue online.

Same here, have to remap everything anytime I load a savegame if I want to play with what I am used to - I am used to buggy games and usually pretty calm about these things but this is really annoying. I already had to give up on AC Valhalle because of plotstopping bugs that haven't been fixed for weeks, now I cannot enjoy this game, too...

i have had this issue and long pressing causes issues but a quick press works for the crouch. I have it on mouse button 3

You're correct. A quick press and release works for crouch toggle, and for any key too. I mapped it back to Left Ctrl and it's been working.

Speaking of quick press and release, if you press any of the WASD keys too quickly, you dodge, and that KILLS your stealth if you are crouching. Accidentally dodging while crouching makes you STAND UP. And you can't disable dodging. That is not ideal at all if you stealth a lot. You just have to get used to not quick-pressing WASD while you're crouching, but sometimes you can't. When you sneak up on an enemy, you have to press W multiple times to get the right precise distance for getting the option for silent kill. Pressing W too quickly makes you dodge forward and STAND UP RIGHT BEHIND the enemy's back and alerting him. Can't they make dodge work a little differently while crouching?

It seems that you need to assign C to hold so you can use anything else to toggle.
Worked in my case with ctrl for toggle.

For crouch toggle, tapping the key quickly seems to make it work. Otherwise it doesn't work or there's a 1 second delay.

Top Bottom