Key binding issues/bug

+
Ok so I had a set of binding before the patch 1.5, and I use to press "E" to drop bodies on the floor when I was carrying one and I needed to.
The issue here is that my default key for it has is now "Q", and I did not change it by myself.
I wonder how to change it, because I tried to do it on the key binding settings and it seems there is no option for that ...
I'm French so i'm using "Z" and "Q" instead of "W" and "A" to move, but because of that automatic bind that I can't change, every quest where I need to carry a body and put it somewhere else, is a pain because everytime I press "Q" to move left, the body I carry is dropped on the floor ^^' is it just me or is this a known issue ?
If it is knowed, will it be patched soon ?

Ok so I had a set of binding before the patch 1.5, and I use to press "E" to drop bodies on the floor when I was carrying one and I needed to.
The issue here is that my default key for it has is now "Q", and I did not change it by myself.
I wonder how to change it, because I tried to do it on the key binding settings and it seems there is no option for that ...
I'm French so i'm using "Z" and "Q" instead of "W" and "A" to move, but because of that automatic bind that I can't change, every quest where I need to carry a body and put it somewhere else, is a pain because everytime I press "Q" to move left, the body I carry is dropped on the floor ^^' is it just me or is this a known issue ?
If it is knowed, will it be patched soon ?

I find this mind boggling. Why add a key rebind menu, if you cant rebind everything... I have the exact same issue. I strafe on Q and E. I've done this since quake (1)... Ups, I strafed, now the corpse is right in the street.å... Never really had any issues with games due to this, until cyberpunk. Its such a great game, except from these basic things that just drags the overall score into the mud. I don't get it...

I personaly use the default bindings without issues, but if you want to change something just go to

Cyberpunk 2077\r6\config\inputUserMappings.xml

And assign whatever you like

For example this:

<mapping name="BodyDrop_Button" type="Button">
<button id="IK_Pad_X_SQUARE" />
<button id="IK_Q" overridableUI="dropCarriedObject"/>
</mapping>

maps the InputKey "Q" to the BodyDrop_Button. (also the x_Square button for a controler)

Just change it to IK_WhateverYouWant, IK_E would be E

I used this get myself camera up/down keys for photomode on pc, which apparently the devs didn't deem neccessary.

Why they didn't add more custom settings on PC or at least alternative bindings? For ex. you can't change JUST the dialog choice from E to left mouse, just EVERY choice, so if you change it the takedown will be the left mouse too. It's very disappointing. :(
Maybe few years and they will add this "feature", or somebody make a mod. Until then, goodbye Night City. :)

Milaal

Forum regular
Kinda related, but what key/action(s) - if any - do you bind to an extra mouse button? Usually I find myself binding the consumables and just that, as there’s only the one extra key on my mouse I’m comfortable in quickly using.

Top Bottom