Key inputs count double in "menus"

+
Key inputs count double in "menus"

Hey! I have tried to google this and also check this forum, but it's not giving me any proper result, maybe I'm just bad with search keywords. Anyway, here goes:
When in menus, like checking skill tree, or at a merchant selling stuff, things like that, my key inputs count double. It's truly infuriating, as pressing space to sell an item, will instantly sell 2-3 items instead. Or in other menus like journal or skill page, pressing escape closes everything entirely, making me have to use the mouse for all of this which is so much slower and inconvenient.
Is this a known bug? Possible fixes?

PS: I'm using a mechanical keyboard, but that shouldn't matter, should it? Also tried googling issues like this related to the keyboard but to no avail.

OK, not a common issue, but yes, my guess would be something to do with that mechanical keyboard. Which keyboard is it, and (if there are choices) what software is being used to manage keyboard profiles?

And not something I'm really an expert in, but bumping it up to see if anyone else can help.

That's very odd, I can only make 2 guesses...

1. Documents/Witcher2/Config/User.ini
Ctrl+F and look for [MouseInput]
Code:
[MouseInput]
KeyboardCooldownSpeed=0.1
Make sure that's set to 0.1.

2. Control Panel Keyboard option, try messing with the Character Repeat sliders.

Manually add KeyboardCooldownSpeed=0.1 in your ini under the [MouseInput] section, see if it changes anything.

And for the Control Panel, I meant in Windows' Control Panel there should be a generic "Keyboard" option with settings like these:

Last edited:
I added that in the config, didnt change anything, the properties looks almost like yours, the top option is one to the left of yours, otherwise same.
It looks like synapse is installed, its down on the right bottom of my desktop with the time etc, but its not logged in or anything so, dont know if its in effect.

So i had that problem too noticed it when i wanted to sell some stuff and it was selling two items with one key stroke.Searched here and there ( https://steamcommunity.com/app/20920/discussions/0/37470848621310436/) and found that the problem was raptr evolved gaming app cause of some overlays and keybindings it has.My problem was fixed right after i closed that app(although just after closing the app made my pc 10 times slower making me think something was going very wrong till i uninstalled that stupid app to get everything back to normal).Also it's very easy to find out if the problem is your keyboard since u already added that line (KeyboardCooldownSpeed = 0.1) and the problem still continues u can just check by pressing space in a text document if it's not 2 times then it's either raptr app or some similar app like synapse maybe.Don't know how razer keyboard apps work so can't help much with that.Hope that helps.

Top Bottom