Key-rebind in InputUserMappings.xml

+
I'm trying to use an Azeron keypad to play the game, so its setup to emulate an xbox controller. For character control this works fine. However, when i get into a car, the left/right steering will work, but no forward or reverse. I've had to manually rebind these to this:

<mapping name="Acceleration\_Axis" type="Axis" >

<button id="IK\_Pad\_LeftAxisY" />

<button id="IK\_W" val="1.0" overridableUI="vehicleAccelerate"/>

</mapping>

<mapping name="Deceleration\_Axis" type="Axis" >

<button id="IK\_Pad\_RightAxisY" />

<button id="IK\_E" val="1.0" overridableUI="vehicleDecelrate"/>

</mapping>

I can now steer the car left/right and forward, but reverse wont work. The rebind to E works however, so i think theres something funky going on with the IK_Pad_RightAxisY part. If i replace that with IK_Pad_LeftAxisY then the car will try to both accelerate and reverse at the same time (wheels spinning, but car not going anywhere).

Anyone got a clue as to why the IK_Pad_RightAxisY simply doesnt result in anything?

Guess I wasn't the only Cyberpunk player that wanted to use this "unique" control scheme of controlling walking and driving with an analog stick.
I've been trying to configure my Logitech G13 thumbstick emulating an XBox controller to do just that and have encountered the same problems with inputUserMappings.xml having two separate definitions for the Acceleration_Axis and Deceleration_Axis and setting my IK_Pad_RightAxisY to both would result in the controller doing both actions at the same time.

From my multiple trial and errors, there doesn't seem to be any "inverse" setting for the RightAxisY ... I've tried it:
<button id="IK_Pad_LeftAxisY-" />
<button id="IK_Pad_-LeftAxisY" />
<button id="IK_Pad_LeftAxis-Y" />

All of them doesn't work. It looks like the game has been designed to take separate axis inputs for the gas and brake pedal and there's no way to combine both of them.

As a result, the only solution I found was to leave the two Acceleration_Axis and Deceleration_Axis with their default control schemes:
<mapping name="Acceleration_Axis" type="Axis" >
<button id="IK_Pad_RightTrigger" />
<mapping name="Deceleration_Axis" type="Axis" >
<button id="IK_Pad_LeftTrigger" />

and configure the XBox controller emulator to have it trigger, not only the left joystick, but both the right and left triggers at the same time.
This would also mean you'll have to remove all other mappings to RightTrigger and LeftTrigger to prevent problems resulting from using the joystick to control the character movement.

I'm using vJoy to do this emulation and I've set it up accordingly:

G13 Joystick Y-Axis Positive -> (Set) Left Trigger = Input * 255%
G13 Joystick Y-Axis Negative -> (Set) Right Trigger = Input * 255%
G13 Joystick Y-Axis Release -> Left Trigger Release
G13 Joystick Y-Axis Release -> Right Trigger Release
G13 Joystick Y-Axis Positive -> (Set) Left Stick Y-Axis = Input * 100%
G13 Joystick Y-Axis Negative -> (Set) Left Stick Y-Axis = Input * -100%
G13 Joystick Y-Axis Release -> Left Stick Y-Axis Release
G13 Joystick X-Axis Positive -> (Set) Left Stick X-Axis = Input * 100%
G13 Joystick X-Axis Negative -> (Set) Left Stick X-Axis = Input * -100%
G13 Joystick X-Axis Release -> Left Stick X-Axis Release

Note the multiple axis mapped to the Joystick's Y-Axis.
Note too that, for vJoy at least, the Input value for the right and left triggers have to be set to "255%" to set the maximum "255" number for the triggers.

So far I've found this to be the closest working version I have to being able to control the car and character with an analog stick. There are a few niggles I'm still trying to weed out: The biggest is reversing the car and releasing off the joystick too quickly would cause the car to remain stuck in full reverse speed until I pull the joystick into reverse and release it as slowly as possible. Might be just a vJoy problem, but I think is fixable.

Last edited:
Top Bottom