Key Remapping

+
Started down the tedious key mapping process (that should not of been an issue for a game that cost $300M to develop and $90 to buy), movement done, basic actions done, aim down sight done, o wait there is no option what so ever for toggle aim down sight, cracked a sad :( put game back on shelf.

I am wondering why they do this Pick up body - R, drop Body - E.
Why???
Very strange keymap.
Why two buttons for toggle and not toggle, to crouch and scan? This should be in options for one button.
Who did this?
Yeah very strange key layout, sounds like whoever worked on it had no idea it's a video game, not Adobe Photoshop.
Post automatically merged:

to CDPR: you guys are excellent in storytelling but DEFINITELY terrible at gameplay physiques and controls. Please learn from others.

My only complaint is that I always bind my arrow keys for movement and the surrounding keys for everything else. It won't allow me to bind up and down arrows for forward and back. Also, the 'F' key should be allowed to be remapped. I have a six button mouse that I always bind 'M-Button 5' for the main use key.

I'm curious if I could use something like 'JoyToKey' and just map everything there. I'll have to look into this. Been a long time.

I just fixed my problems today regarding double-tap for dashing and toggle aim.

For double-tap dashes, there is a tutorial out there that teaches how to edit the keymapping files, and it's super easy to follow and it works perfectly.

For toggle aim, if you have a logitech mouse, or razer, or any other with a app software, create a macro to toggle the right click button down (not up) and assign it to the right button. It works perfectly too.

Toggle Walk there is no practical solution I guess, we have to wait for cdpr to implement it. But I'm using a Xbox controller, so I use it when I'm just walking around or driving, and switch to mouse&keyboard when I get to combat, it's great actually, better than the eventual toggle walk.

I love the game but the inability to use my arrow keys for movement is a major blocker in my enjoyment of the game. I'm forced to use my controller because WASD doesn't work for me. And controllers suck compared to mouse and keyboard... please fix this ASAP (after a well deserved rest after all of your insane crunch, CDPR devs <3)

I love the game but the inability to use my arrow keys for movement is a major blocker in my enjoyment of the game. I'm forced to use my controller because WASD doesn't work for me. And controllers suck compared to mouse and keyboard... please fix this ASAP (after a well deserved rest after all of your insane crunch, CDPR devs <3)
You can use the arrow keys.

Maybe this has already been mentioned in this huge thread, but there's a typo in the inputUserMappings.xml file. Just search for the string ">>" and you'll find it. This might not be important at all though.
when I was in my modding persona, if you ever left an extra character in a file not in alignment with the syntax structure, the file would be rejected and the game would not load
Post automatically merged:

So are we to think that CDPR only consider Console Gamers as valid gamers? Like, they didn't offer a single PC gamer a chance to give it a try - No K/M players were given a chance to play in early release / preview? Or was a PC version provided, but with a controller instead of a K/M?

This is a severe slight to PC gamers.
Sorry for the revision. I meant to say only allow players to use controllers. So can use controller on PC version or consoles that use controllers natively.

Last edited:
For Keybinding lock key and missed key: (You can use VSC to easier edit: https://code.visualstudio.com)
Edit inputUserMappings.xml
(in Install directory \Cyberpunk 2077\r6\config)

Use CTRL+F to find the IK_ you want to edit.

And for exemple replace most/all IK_F to whaterver you like, exemple: IK_NumPad0, to remap the primary action key.
Try not to remap F Fonction (F1 F2 F3)...

You could also edit most/all IK_C, for closing info and jump dialogue.
And why not change most/all IK_Escape by IK_RightMouse, to go back menu with your mouse. ; )
Don't change mapping name="OpenPauseMenu_Button" with in use mouse bouton though...

About the Dodging:
Edit inputContexts.xml
(in Install directory \Cyberpunk 2077\r6\config)

Find the lines: DodgeForward DodgeBack DodgeRight and DodgeLeft

- To disable it, change count from 2 by 99.
Instead now, you can double tap the crouch key to dodge when moving.

- Or you can edit from 2 for 1 then also edit inputUserMappings.xml and replace in section Dodge_Botton and rename one IK_ by what key you desire. Exemple IK_LControl to IK_RControl or else.

To force keys binding:
Edit UserSettings.json
(in X:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077)

Exemple to allow arrow key:
In "group_name": "/key_bindings/SettingsLocomotion"
Change one or both "value": "IK_W and "default_value": "IK_W" by something else like: IK_Up.
(default_value is the reseted key.)

Melee is "name": "weapon4"

Here several IK Key:
IK_Up
IK_Down
IK_Right
IK_Left
IK_PageUp
IK_PageDown
IK_LeftMouse
IK_MiddleMouse
IK_RightMouse
IK_RControl
IK_RShift
IK_Semicolon
IK_End
IK_Delete
IK_Backspace
IK_Backslash
IK_Equals
IK_Enter
IK_NumPeriod
IK_NumPlus
IK_NumMinus
IK_NumPad0
IK_NumSlash
IK_NumStar

Hope it will help.

[Off topic but useful]
To disable AA: (v1.04)
Go to Install directory Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64, and edit Cyberpunk2077.exe with Hexa software like https://mh-nexus.de/en/downloads.php?product=HxD20

Using CTRL+G, search 235B6 and change it from 01 to 00 then 235F5 and change it from 01 to 00

For older game version:
Using CTRL+G, search 23566 and change it from 01 to 00 then 235A5 and change it from 01 to 00

You can now use FXAA in the Nvidia panel to your convinience.

To edit FoV:
There are two options.json so go to the right one:
(in Install directory \Cyberpunk 2077\r6\config\settings\platform\pc)
CTRL+F to find FieldOfView then edit "max_value" to 140 or else. (don't touch anything else or the game wont launch)

Have fun.

Last edited:
How big of a job would it be for the devs to fix this issue? Is it simply a matter of adding the menu buttons to the list of rebindable keys?

How big of a job would it be for the devs to fix this issue? Is it simply a matter of adding the menu buttons to the list of rebindable keys?
The potential issues and difficulties come with however they may have hardcoded everything. There may be events that require pushing a specific button to get a specific action and so they may need to first change the binding patterns, THEN play through the entire game to make sure that nothing is broken. Not that I have any idea, but when you build a game from the ground up with one way there's probably a lot of coding that needs to be altered veeeeery carefully.

Still wish they hadn't built it from the ground up like this. 'Tis somewhat silly, though makes a great deal more sense if as many have said they built it as a console game.

The potential issues and difficulties come with however they may have hardcoded everything. There may be events that require pushing a specific button to get a specific action and so they may need to first change the binding patterns, THEN play through the entire game to make sure that nothing is broken. Not that I have any idea, but when you build a game from the ground up with one way there's probably a lot of coding that needs to be altered veeeeery carefully.

Still wish they hadn't built it from the ground up like this. 'Tis somewhat silly, though makes a great deal more sense if as many have said they built it as a console game.

So very likely we won't have Cyberpunk 2077 to keep us company during those lonely Christmas nights :cry:

Sigh, keybinding breaks this for me, and with no fix for it in v1.04 and no word from CDPR on it as far as I can see. 8 years of dev and... this. Really? Something so critically important to actually PLAYING the game?

I loved The Witcher 3, but I am only barely into this game, and will ask for a refund. If I get it, great. If not, I'll wait on it until CDPR fixes this as it should be (configurable, usable), or until someone skilled comes up with solutions that make sense to the player.

Top Bottom