Key Remapping

+
I'm having the same problem. You cannot bind UP or DOWN arrow under 'Exploration and Combat'. LEFT and RIGHT arrow works fine. Weirdly, you can bind those keys just fine under the 'Vehicle' section. You also cannot bind 8 or 2 on the number pad. Every FPS game I bind to the arrow keys because I am left handed. I've never had this issue. What gives?

Same here, cant bind the Up and Down Key for Movement (forward/back)!!!! Also cant bind the num keys, useless.
Post automatically merged:

Forget workaround, this is a show stopper.

Never even got to the game. Launch, detect CPU/GPU, yada yada, hit the settings and can't remap? EXIT

I'll give it a week or so. No remap, no purchase. I've gotten refunds on my other games that I've bought that won't remap, I'll have no problem doing the same here.

WHICH WOULD SUCK. I DON'T WANT A REFUND, I WANT TO PLAY CYBERPUNK. How do you not have remappable controls? It's 2020 FFS.

7 Years of develop
I have the same probleme like the others lefties, i can remape WASD to the arrows

Yep same here!

Last edited:
I'm a lefty too and use arrow keys and the surrounding keys for game interaction... (including the Enter key for 'Use' - you can see where I'm going..)

Fire the game up this morning, go to remap the keys, get told "I'm sorry mate, you can't do that!" then wish I'd bought on steam instead so I could get an immediate refund!

Maybe I'll have to play using a controller and pretend my PC is a console :shrug:

I use a Dvorak keyboard layout, making the equivalent of ESDF .OEU, the O isn't remappable either. I tried switching to QWERTY only to be blocked there as well with the F. Major showstopper.

Also, hardcoded [R] is way on the other side of my keyboard layout.

Last edited:
I have bad hands, so I need to reassign all the buttons around the arrows to play. But the game doesn't give me that.

CD Projekt RED, I respect your company, so I pre-ordered Cyberpunk right after the announcement. Please let me reassign all the buttons and enjoy the game!!!

Arrow key gamer here, I'm used to this control scheme for 30 years now.
This is a big omission that I hope gets fixed fast. (It is also a thing that can be fixed with a few lines of code - not a monumental task but rather half an hour of work once you realised that it is a big issue for a lot of gamers.)

Arrow key gamer here, I'm used to this control scheme for 30 years now.
This is a big omission that I hope gets fixed fast. (It is also a thing that can be fixed with a few lines of code - not a monumental task but rather half an hour of work once you realised that it is a big issue for a lot of gamers.)
same here mate, 38 and used to arrows since always. At this point game is unplayable for me. Will try editing .xml file later this day, hopefully it will work.
sad pepe

Player: man im so hype to join nice party. Did i tell you i bought this ticket full price 80$ on gog.com! ( other guys waiting in the line dont even listen at you...) yea buying is voting my friends and i vote for CDPR 100%!!!

CDPR (bouncer): ID plz. Hm hm go for and have fun. NEXT!

Player: OHOH its my turn. Give his ID and ticket with his "left" hand.
CDPR (bouncer):hm hm. NEXT!
player: (about to enter but a big hand with an F tatoo block him.)
CDPR (bouncer): the fuck are you going. You ain't coming in. See that panel, it said ''no lefty''.
Player: come on man, it's 2020. You are not EA, you are better than that.
CDPR (bouncer): NEXT!

why can't I use the arrow keys to run on foot? I'm left-handed and have used the arrow keys to run in every game since the 1990s.

I'm left hander, I use mouse on my left hand for gaming so my binding are a bit odd :

I use IJKL instead of WASD for movement.

So I tried to manually change binding through .json file since IJK were locked on the binding screen. I then realized trying to play that those key binding were locked on menus. Is there a chance that this changes in the near future? Never had that issue with any FPS and it's very frustrating because I have to bend my right hand to reach bindings.

I am also left handed and came here specifically to post this same thing. I normally use the keypad for movement and functions with the down arrow being my backwards movement. The game is unplayable for me with a controller since you cant even remap the sticks to use the left stick to look. I hope they fix this soon.

Same here, is really annoying to constantly swap to the other side of the keyboard each time...
you can bind upper arrow by editing the Json file but it's breaking dialogs too since that's the key to switch between dialogs lines too, so you'll move when selecting dialogs.
seems like page down, delete, doesn't respond in game too even if binded in the keymaps
hope there will be a mod for these at some point...

Like the vast majority of players in this forum topic, I too, use an unconventional key layout. I trained my left hand to use F and V for forward and backward, and S and D for left and right, starting long ago with Rise of the Triad. I've accumulated decades of muscle memory, and rely on every PC game to permit me to remap at least those critical keys. For me, it's more than a matter of preference, and for many who experience physical challenges, it's a matter of necessity. I regret that, to me, CP 2077 in its current state is utterly unplayable, and I requested and received a refund for the product. My loss is after all, CDPR's loss.

If CDPR are unwilling or unable to offer accessible key mapping, I suggest the company out of respect to its players include an opening screen disclaimer similar to the seizure warning so recently added to the loading routine. "Digitally challenged persons may look elsewhere" or some such. In the mean time, I respectfully suggest CDPR refer to Ubisoft's Far Cry 5 or New Dawn options interface to see how key mapping can be done. These games ensure all alphanumeric keys can be remapped, including discrete assignments to the number pad keys. In fact, very few peripheral PC keys cannot be remapped in these games. If follows that if Ubisoft can offer such fluid accessibility, so can CDPR.

Best of luck.

Seriously, anyone at CDPR can answer, please? We waited and paid for this game and now is unplayable for many of us PC players.

Just get a refund. Its broken.

Keep in mind arrow key remapping flaw for Fallout 4 is STILL not fixed. (every time you enter workshop settlement mode you need to rebind keys to use menus). Thankfully its extremely quick to change and you dont need to use workshop mode that often. Ive lived with it. 95% of game is A-OK with arrow keys binding.

However, CP77 may never be fixed. And its completely screwed , not just flawed. Seems its for gamepads. Maybe will be fixed but:

1) want no chance for steam or gog to refuse refund because youve held it for longer than 14 days. (or some other time limt). When tf will they fix??
2) send a clear message to CDPR

This isnt quest bugs and stuff that, while annoying, is somewhat understandable in a complex game. This game creation 101. As basic as it gets.

Last edited:
Theres more inside the inputUserMappings.xml inside the Cyberpunk 2077/r6/config directory - havent gotten around to test messing with that one tho.

Thanks, Winneh2 .. just got back from doing some shopping, I'll give that a look when I've put everything away and made a cup of tea.

Yeh, it's all 2077 CyberPunk lifestyle here :)

Top Bottom