Key Remapping

+
Left Handed:
I use IJKL instead of WASD. Key mapping fails because of conflict, but there are no keys shown mapped on IJKL.
Controller feels really great by the way. Just really sucks to aim.

As a Dvorak user, this game is totally unplayable without changing my layout to Qwerty. Even if I force-bind the keys I want in the .json file, they still perform their original menu action as well as what they're bound to. This really is totally unacceptable. Every key should be able to be bound to any action. There's no room for debate here, this is simply the status quo for PC games.

Also, while we're at it, would it really be that hard to detect the keyboard layout in use and auto-remap the keys? Games have been successfully acomodating my Dvorak layout this way since at least 2014 (BF4 was the first game I remember doing this), would it really be that hard to let an intern spend a day writing a key bind converter?

Does not seem to be a bug, they built this game with only SOME remapping allowed. Read the last line on their tech support page regarding accessibility features -

Accessibility features — Cyberpunk 2077 | Technical Support — CD PROJEKT RED

Quote -

"Keyboard and mouse controls

Remapping of controls for keyboard and mouse is almost fully allowed, with the exception of menu shortcuts.
[Key Bindings]"

Totally Unacceptable in 2020.
Most menu shortcuts are overrated.

Ahhh yeah.. another lefty here who ALWAYS uses the arrow keys to move. I just played for an hour and had to move my keyboard a foot to the right to do so and it was extremely awkward and unnatural feeling. Please address this as soon as humanly possible as we are all fighting many many many years of muscle memory in the case of this old fart. :)

Ahhh yeah.. another lefty here who ALWAYS uses the arrow keys to move. I just played for an hour and had to move my keyboard a foot to the right to do so and it was extremely awkward and unnatural feeling. Please address this as soon as humanly possible as we are all fighting many many many years of muscle memory in the case of this old fart. :)
How do you use the arrow keys? There are no close buttons and feels weird. I always use IJKL. Way easier.

How do you use the arrow keys? There are no close buttons and feels weird. I always use IJKL. Way easier.
I've used the microsoft natural keyboard 4000 for damn close to 20 years now and there is a seperate set of arrow keys directly to the right of the main keys between them and the number pad. It just works for me, especially after many thousands of hours use.
I just tried the feel of your IJKL and it feels okay but still a little wierd to me. I could probably get used to that if I had to though. :)

edit: oh and as to the keys around there are several. ie: insert, home, pgup etc and the number pad and the right ctrl and shift buttons etc. For example my reload button is always my delete key.

Last edited:
My temporary workaround is to change the key presses on my keyboard. I can change the firmware on my keyboard so that I can fully customize every key. Pretty annoying but at least I can play more naturally. It is disorienting to see the button on the screen and know you aren't hitting that button on your keyboard though.

Same here, I cant bind the Up and Down arrow keys for movement and it feels so unconfortable to use ASDW to move. It is incredible we can not change the bindings. Please, fix this ASAP or a lot of players can not enjoy properly the game. Thanks.

I've used the microsoft natural keyboard 4000 for damn close to 20 years now and there is a seperate set of arrow keys directly to the right of the main keys between them and the number pad. It just works for me, especially after many thousands of hours use.
I just tried the feel of your IJKL and it feels okay but still a little wierd to me. I could probably get used to that if I had to though. :)

edit: oh and as to the keys around there are several. ie: insert, home, pgup etc and the number pad and the right ctrl and shift buttons etc. For example my reload button is always my delete key.
My relaod is always - . I have a Razor Naga, so I have the full top row on the side of my mouse. Very handy for keybinding

Forget workaround, this is a show stopper.

Never even got to the game. Launch, detect CPU/GPU, yada yada, hit the settings and can't remap? EXIT

I'll give it a week or so. No remap, no purchase. I've gotten refunds on my other games that I've bought that won't remap, I'll have no problem doing the same here.

WHICH WOULD SUCK. I DON'T WANT A REFUND, I WANT TO PLAY CYBERPUNK. How do you not have remappable controls? It's 2020 FFS.

As many user noted:
What is the purpose we cannot remap such keys like the F or the Up / Down?!?!? :shrug:
Yea, I understand the dialog options have to set, but even the USE key are hard mapped?!?!
Why do you cannot give us the chance to remap?
As a left handed person this is awkward.

Sorry guys, but such mistakes are VERY silly...

Last edited:
Not to mention you can't even TURN CONTROLLER SUPPORT OFF. I use Xpadder with all my games, but THE WORST thing possible is loading up my new game and already being constrained as how I can control it. Of course, we know why, the holiday rush. I feel for the team but this is just simple interaction with a video game. Let me decide how I want to do that, please.

Please let us remap the Interact key (F) and the menu keys (I,J,M,etc). There is zero reason that a game in 2020 releasing on PC does not allow this.

Not being able to control a PC game the way I like is usually enough to bounce off of a game completely. Please fix this ASAP.

Tuco

Forum veteran
Ins, Home, Pg Up, pg Down, Delete, End, the numpad, Right Shift and Control, Enter, Backspace...
These all look as "close buttons" to me.
And what I used in virtually any mounse & keyboard game that allowed me to remap for almost 20 years.

Top Bottom