Key Remapping

+
After Star Citizen, cp2077 is the biggest player scam in game history. Most of the money was obviously used for fraudulent advertising and there was no money left for the game itself. In the supplied game, there are almost no game mechanics on which the promotion was based. Developed for consoles that cannot be played on, then hastily made a port on the PC, where they did not bother to give even the standard control settings. In patch 1.04, they removed the last remnants of what was promised. CDPR has its former fans and supporters as toilet paper. This fact is most evident in the meaningless statements and zero feedback to cheated customers. CDPR does not deserve any further support from the gaming community. They had everything from us. Support, respect, money and everything was thrown away. For a long time I didn't feel so cheated. Because the boxed product cannot be returned, I was also robbed. (n)(n)(n)

Keybinding is very limited and they are not saving correct too. I change the crouch shortcut but every time I load a save my shortcuts doesn't work I have to redo them. The game show them saved the way I changed them but they simply dont work and I have to redo them.

Even editing UserSettings.json I can't make crouch (toggle) to work, just crouch (hold), only way to make it work is editing inputUserMappings.xml file.

Last edited:
Sorry CDPR I´m at the end of the line here, like so many others.
We waited and waited and still not even basic keybindings are functional.
I´ve got zero game time, waiting for a fix of these keybindings.
No manual edits / mods are a solution for this.
It´s like selling a brand new car with adjustable Steeringwheel & Carseats, but these are not working and your friendly next door neighbour must help you with it (Cudos to all modders).

The worst thing that totally kills me here is, 600+ replies to this thread and not a single word of acknowledgement from you.
CDPR please :
Is there an error/bug on the free assignments for the keybindings PC (yes/no) ?
Will it be fixed ?

When will it be fixed ? (Obviously not this year ...)

It can´t be soooo hard to answer these questions, once and for all.
With any information about it, the majority will see that you are at least care about it and the discussion will calm down.
So please enlighten us !
Make us hungry again for the next patches to come - currently it´s an endless mind loop with no fix incoming.
Don´t wait for the next refund timebomb for PC.
Sony/MS already made their choices for their consoles.

Thank you (y)

Last edited:
Yeah I also have the issue with mapping the keys... some can't be changed (eg. the keys in inventory can't be remapped) also the game does not see any other buttons except left and right MB, so I can't do any actions with other mouse buttons :(... the issue is concerning the Logitech MX Master 2s

I can't find the binding for center_camera (while driving) which is mouse_click_mid. Does it have a different name?

i'm sure the players eager to re/buy this game once the key bindings are resolved are legion! addressing it in 1.06 would be a boon & boost to your fanbase...

Keybinding is very limited and they are not saving correct too. I change the crouch shortcut but every time I load a save my shortcuts doesn't work I have to redo them. The game show them saved the way I changed them but they simply dont work and I have to redo them.

One issue I noticed while using the in game remapping is that if you bind to a key that is already used you have to give that old action a new key as well or it remains on the old key.

As a PC player, I suggest renaming the company to F PROJEKT RED, because they probably have an emotional connection to the F key.
Yes, F key still locked unfortunately but we are waay better now than where we were last week. Like we can actually PLAY this thing we've waited almost a decade for.

While this is still not an acceptable solution, Nexus has a "Better Controls Menu" mod that lets you remap every key. It's working flawlessly so far for me and is way better than manually editing the config file. (The latest patch was still insufficient for many players.)

So frustrating that the game released without full key remapping (among so many other problems!) and yet a modder (thanks Nibrodooh!) can fix it perfectly within a few days.

Having said that, I also wanted to just say thanks to the devs and everyone that worked to make this game. From everything I've read, it sucks big time that the board and powers that be ignored the warnings from the team who put so much into making the game and knew it wasn't ready and forced this release anyway. Yeah, another delay would have sucked for us fans, but I doubt that anyone who helped make Cyberpunk wanted it to release in this state. There's a lot of shady stuff that happened around this release, but remember it's not the people who made the game that did that.

Here's to hoping the devs and creators of Cyberpunk get the chance to fix the problems and bring the game up to the state I'm sure they wish it would have released in to begin with.

Welp, the nexus mod no longer works for me. Crashes the game with it installed. Hopefully it gets updated soon. Back to controller again for now :(

Edit: This is just after installing the 1.05 patch

Top Bottom