Key Remapping

+
I have a problem in photo mode, to start with so have i bound my left and right mouse button to move forward and back ward in the game, so now when i shall rotate and/or move the camera in photo mode it also zooms in and out, any one that knows how to fix so that it don't zoom with my mouse buttons?

Grateful for any help!

So if you are like me, you have only been keeping tabs on this one specific forum thread, which means you have no idea if CDPR fixed the "F" keybinding issue. I decided to reinstall the game, and almost a year to the date of it's initial release (December 10 2020) they have finally fixed the "F" keybinding issue. At least within the keybinding menu, I have yet to actually test it within the game. But if you do not see an edit from me or another post in regards to this, assume that it works in game.

One year to fix keybinding issues... :smh: my god. Now I can actually play the fucking game.

I had gone through the process of redoing all of the keybinds by hand (edited the text file) - and that did not work. I've just uninstalled the game.

I'm reinstalling this game... I'll try editing the keybinds via the in game settings menu. If that doesn't work, then I'll give it one last try via the text file.

If that fails, I will just uninstall the game and that'll be it until I see an actual game patch update that details keybinds are fixed/open.

----

Update: one of the settings files (in the AppData folder) was set to 'read only' by me. once i uninstalled the game, manually deleted the CDPR folder from AppData, then reinstalled, i was finally able to redo nearly every keybind! I can now use RDFG for movement!

although now, on the training, i am unable to manipulate the TV... i have to see which keybind was undone and remap it. what a pain.

but, at least now i can actually MOVE in the game... progress!

Last edited:
Hi.
More keys to bind would be nice, like pressing "tab" to show comparison in inventory close my inventory cause i binded "tab" to open inventory...

Dear CDPR

Why are there still keybinds that are not in the settings?

Today I reloaded for the first time after 1.6, went to collect my rewards from a drop point and oh... the button is on the other side of my keyboard and cannot be adjusted from the settings. This is stupid, please fix it.

Best regards
Aulis

EDIT:: Another update later, still an issue.

Last edited:
I just started my 2.0 game and discovered I can't rebind the keys. Why on earth is this a thing.
Some chooms are reporting that a clean install solved it. There's probably a more effective way of fixing it. Maybe try deleting AppData and then validating files via GOG/Steam.

Here's a mod that provides a simple fix for a bug where the toggle crouch key mapping doesn't work.

yea something got messed up with key bindings. my crouch and skip convo was the same key. I change it and then set everything back to default, after that it was fixed.

This is a fairly generalized issue that has persisted for as long as I've owned the game, but it's inexcusable that this is still a problem.

The simplest example I can provide from 2.0 is that if you by the perk 'Stuntjock' that allows you to jump or slide out of moving vehicles, it treats the game's hardcoded exit vehicle key (F) to trigger the jump or slide even if the exit vehicle key has been rebound (in my case, to G). This is especially disruptive for players that want/need to rebind the movement/steering controls to ESDF instead of WASD. This causes the player to jump/slide out of the vehicle at undesired times whenever the hardcoded keybind is triggered by a hold or double tap.

This bug also applies when the perk that enables Overclock is unlocked. The hardcoded key to do a non-lethal takedown is R, but that is my desired key for cyberware systems, so every time I do a non-lethal takedown, it toggles Overclock on when I don't want it to. There is no way to fix this in the key binding menu other than being forced to use undesired keybinds. On PC, this isn't proper UI design, elements should either be rebindable to prevent overlap or they should automatically be switched to non-conflicting keys when changed.

These bugs are 100% reproducable, presumably on any windows system that can run the game. No macros or 3rd-party non-plug-and-play drivers are in use for the keyboard.

2023! WHY CANT I CONFIGURE MY KEYBOARD KEYS WHEREVER I LIKE TO?!?! i cannot play WASD! i play with arrow keys and i cannot put anything to numeric pad...........!!!!!COMEON!!!!!!!!!!
Post automatically merged:

For anyone else as annoyed as I am, there's apparently a mod that fixes this

Why it's not built into the game after 40 pages and 2 years of requests I do not understand but whatever

Mod creator says they're updating it soon : https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/4008?tab=description
at this time didnt works sadly

Thanks for the reply and indeed this is sad. Came here to ask, if there are any news on key remapping with the upcoming new version?
bad news: YES its still a thing.......forced keymapping in the DLC as well....pathetic

Last edited:
1 BUG - Rebinding CROUCH Y/N. The game start to flicker and is blocked.

There is a bug when I try to change the crouch mapping on PC.
windows 11, NO mod installed, new game started after patch 2.0.

Default setting is "crouch yes/no" with "C"
I want change "Crouch yes /no " from "C" to "Lft CTRL".

Bug:
- I cannot assign C to other key. If I try to assign "C" to another command, the "Crouch yes/no" mapping that I changed to "lft CTRL" is automatically deleted and I have 2 blank binding.
- I i try to reset to defaul or restore the key bindings due I cannot assign LFT CTRL to "Crouch yes/no" and I have other bindling blank due I cannot assign the C to other binding if not "Crouch yes/no" .
When I click on reset or restore to defult the binding page start to flickering and the game is blocked at the key mapping page.
- To exit and discard the change I need to close the game with task manager or ALT+ F4

2° BUG: Rebinding Interaction command
- I changed the primary interaction command from "F" to " E".
In some situations during scripted sections or other situations the game continues to force me to use F as the primary interaction.
The E association works, for example, when I have to talk to an NPC, collect objects

1 BUG - Rebinding CROUCH Y/N. The game start to flicker and is blocked.

There is a bug when I try to change the crouch mapping on PC.
windows 11, NO mod installed, new game started after patch 2.0.

Default setting is "crouch yes/no" with "C"
I want change "Crouch yes /no " from "C" to "Lft CTRL".

Bug:
- I cannot assign C to other key. If I try to assign "C" to another command, the "Crouch yes/no" mapping that I changed to "lft CTRL" is automatically deleted and I have 2 blank binding.
- I i try to reset to defaul or restore the key bindings due I cannot assign LFT CTRL to "Crouch yes/no" and I have other bindling blank due I cannot assign the C to other binding if not "Crouch yes/no" .
When I click on reset or restore to defult the binding page start to flickering and the game is blocked at the key mapping page.
- To exit and discard the change I need to close the game with task manager or ALT+ F4

2° BUG: Rebinding Interaction command
- I changed the primary interaction command from "F" to " E".
In some situations during scripted sections or other situations the game continues to force me to use F as the primary interaction.
The E association works, for example, when I have to talk to an NPC, collect objects

I have the exact same Crouch(toggle) bug, I was messing around with the commands, i put "C" for that to try it out. and now i cant use "C" for anything else. Its really annoying. It just keeps saying "Binding failed"

2023! WHY CANT I CONFIGURE MY KEYBOARD KEYS WHEREVER I LIKE TO?!?! i cannot play WASD! i play with arrow keys and i cannot put anything to numeric pad...........!!!!!COMEON!!!!!!!!!!

at this time didnt works sadly

bad news: YES its still a thing.......forced keymapping in the DLC as well....pathetic

I had to go to AppData and force configure UserSettings.json with Notepad++

Last edited:
There are lots of non-rebindable keys. Too many to list here and maybe even more than before. Makes the game needlessly difficult to configure and unplayable in many cases such as something as simple as using a keypad or having a different national standard.

Basically I'm either forced to rebind everything through mods or through third party software simply because I live in a non-US country - (which is extra weird since the developer isn't even American). This is a basic feature, please move it up the list of priorities. Frankly, I think it should have been moved up three years ago.

This^ I also use esdf to move and it sucks that the exiting cars perk stuntjock looks so much fun as I’m running a blunt weapons build to be able to hulk smash off of cars/bikes, but I legit can’t use it cause I double tap f all the time when steering/swerving though traffic and will just yeet out of my car for no reason =[ they should absolutely add skills like this to the keybinding menu, or at the very least make it follow you keybind to exit the vehicle

Top Bottom