Key to take a 'normal' screenshot?

+
I want to take a forward facing screenshot, not using the photo mode, does anyone know the key on PC?

Use the Print Screen button and paste the image in Paint. But you can also use FPP in photo mode. Also, GOG and Steam have their own shortcuts to immediately take a screenshot.

Press Shift+Tab to enter the GOG Overlay to see the short cut for screenshots, it should be F12.
(Make sure it's enabled in the GOG settings.)
You could also use Nvidia Experience, I'm using Alt+F12

Use the Print Screen button and paste the image in Paint. But you can also use FPP in photo mode. Also, GOG and Steam have their own shortcuts to immediately take a screenshot.
Thanks, I didn't spot the first person perspective option, though it doesn't seem to store the setting. It'll do I suppose but it feels a bit cumbersome.

Press Shift+Tab to enter the GOG Overlay to see the short cut for screenshots, it should be F12.
(Make sure it's enabled in the GOG settings.)
You could also use Nvidia Experience, I'm using Alt+F12
I have the overlay turned on globally, but I can't enable it for CP2077. At least I know I'm not doing something wrong, so thanks for pointing it out.

Attachments

• overlay.png
    overlay.png
    40.6 KB · Views: 227
I have the overlay turned on globally, but I can't enable it for CP2077. At least I know I'm not doing something wrong, so thanks for pointing it out.
Do you have any other apps installed that potentially mess with the overlay, e.g. RivaTuner Statistic Server ?

Do you have any other apps installed that potentially mess with the overlay, e.g. RivaTuner Statistic Server ?
No, nothing else that might conflict. A user on another forum said that the overlay has been disabled for them, where it was previously enabled, maybe it was the cause of the some of the crashes people were seeing. There's a gog support page suggesting Nvidia users to disable it (I already have the latest drivers);

Edit: apparently the overlay is available again with GOG Galaxy 2.0.29, I'm on '2.0.28.9 -Beta' with no way to manually update. I'm going to use steam for now.

Last edited:
No, nothing else that might conflict. A user on another forum said that the overlay has been disabled for them, where it was previously enabled, maybe it was the cause of the some of the crashes people were seeing. There's a gog support page suggesting Nvidia users to disable it (I already have the latest drivers);

Edit: apparently the overlay is available again with GOG Galaxy 2.0.29, I'm on '2.0.28.9 -Beta' with no way to manually update. I'm going to use steam for now.
I just recognized that I'm not able to open the GOG overlay when I have the Geforce Experience beta features enabled.

How to disable:
  • Open Nvidia Geforce Experience
  • Settings -> Disable experimental features
I can now open GOG overlay by pressing Shift+TAB
Post automatically merged:

Maybe the experimental features are causing other issues too? e.g. there's an overclocking section similar to MSI afterburner...
Post automatically merged:

Maybe the experimental features are causing other issues too? e.g. there's an overclocking section similar to MSI afterburner...

Last edited:
I just recognized that I'm not able to open the GOG overlay when I have the Geforce Experience beta features enabled.

I don't have GFE installed any more, but I did have to install it a few weeks ago to redeem a game I got free with my GPU, maybe there's something residual that's interfering.

I've been using photomode, (saves to pictures/cyberpunk2077/) and printscreen (saves to the /x64 folder) but yesterday discovered that F12 takes a single instant in-game 'screenshot' and you hear a distinct shutter sound click each time. I took a few to see what they look like , they show all the HUD etc same as printscreen, but they are visible in 2 places:

On the Steam Library page for Cyberpunk 2077
On your PC (for me) at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\117972491\760\remote\1091500\screenshots

Last edited:
Hey my screenshots from yesterday were not saved in my photo folder. Anyone might know why?

Sorry for the message here, cannot post new threads.

Hey my screenshots from yesterday were not saved in my photo folder. Anyone might know why?

Sorry for the message here, cannot post new threads.
My GOG client never updated, I'm still on 2.0.28.9 -Beta, and I can't figure out what to whitelist on my firewall to allow it so I just gave up.
Instead I launch from steam (which lets me turn on an FPS counter) and use F12 to take screenshots. If I want to take a shot using the photomode I set up the shot, press space to take the shot with the photomode (they don't get saved anywhere) then press F12 quickly when the UI disappears.

If you launch through steam without GOG client open then your achievements aren't tracked, but if it's open as well some of them are. Playtime isn't but I don't care about that.

Top Bottom