Keybindings say "Not Localized"

+
I have two keybindings (G and B) that instead of saying what they are for they just say "Not Localized". Why is this happening? I have tried to rebind the same key in an attempted to reset it. I have validated file. This is a fresh install with no mods. How do I fix this?

Attachments

• not localized.jpg
    not localized.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 121
I know you said it's a clean install without mods but I do have to ask since the only times I've seen this happening is because of mods and I'm assuming you've had mods at some point.

When you uninstalled, did you make sure to remove the entirety of Cyberpunk 2077's folders, including in AppData? Uninstalling through the regular process will leave some files behind, especially if you added some yourself.

If you've never had mods and this a fresh install on top of having validated the files, I got nothing.

I have two keybindings (G and B) that instead of saying what they are for they just say "Not Localized". Why is this happening? I have tried to rebind the same key in an attempted to reset it. I have validated file. This is a fresh install with no mods. How do I fix this?
What happens when you press G or B?

I know you said it's a clean install without mods but I do have to ask since the only times I've seen this happening is because of mods and I'm assuming you've had mods at some point.

When you uninstalled, did you make sure to remove the entirety of Cyberpunk 2077's folders, including in AppData? Uninstalling through the regular process will leave some files behind, especially if you added some yourself.

If you've never had mods and this a fresh install on top of having validated the files, I got nothing.

I did have mods in the past. I think I removed everything? But perhaps I missed something. How would I go about checking to see if residual mods were still installed?

I did have mods in the past. I think I removed everything? But perhaps I missed something. How would I go about checking to see if residual mods were still installed?

It's really hard to say without knowing the exact mod(s) that you used. You're most likely looking for an .ini file though.

In the early days of CP2077, I had this exact problem while creating an .ini file that would allow me to toggle walking on/off and I know plenty of others had the same issue since we were exchanging and experimenting with different lines that would allow toggling and calibrating walking. Any mod that alters/add a keybind could be the culprit. It can also leave a blank, impossible to edit, keybind too (in case someone has that problem and stumbles here).

The way I see it, you have two ways to fix this.

Figure out the exact culprit and remove it but that would mean remembering every mod you used in the past. Which may not be possible. If you installed them with a mod manager, they might still show up on there. At least you'd know which one you used and could narrow it down. With that said, there is no telling what that lone file may or may not have done to your new install and I'd suggest going with option 2 anyway as this/these mods are most likely for much older versions of the game and might cause issues. Dirty edit mods haven't been much of a thing for a long time now (with CP2077 that is).

or

Re-install the game one last time. Uninstall, once uninstalled, go to your install path and you will likely have a few residual files in there (probably the culprit in fact). Just delete the entire CP2077 folder. Then head over to the AppData folder (C:Users/username/AppData). The game currently isn't installed on my PC but if memory serves, CP2077 is located in the AppData/Local folder under CD Projekt Red. Again, delete the entire Cyberpunk 2077 folder. Now you're ready for a clean install.

Up to you, option 1 could be faster if you remember the mod/find the .ini/can find it in your mod manager (assuming you used one) but it's hard to say if it'll fix your problem. Option 2 is much more likely to fix the issue but depending on your internet package it might be more of a last resort.

Whichever one you choose, I also suggest you start a new game if you are planning on picking up from an earlier save. If you had residual mods from older versions, it's possible some values are irreversibly changed in your save. It's possible there won't be any problems but if you use an old save and notice some wonkiness, that's probably why.

It's really hard to say without knowing the exact mod(s) that you used. You're most likely looking for an .ini file though.

In the early days of CP2077, I had this exact problem while creating an .ini file that would allow me to toggle walking on/off and I know plenty of others had the same issue since we were exchanging and experimenting with different lines that would allow toggling and calibrating walking. Any mod that alters/add a keybind could be the culprit. It can also leave a blank, impossible to edit, keybind too (in case someone has that problem and stumbles here).

The way I see it, you have two ways to fix this.

Figure out the exact culprit and remove it but that would mean remembering every mod you used in the past. Which may not be possible. If you installed them with a mod manager, they might still show up on there. At least you'd know which one you used and could narrow it down. With that said, there is no telling what that lone file may or may not have done to your new install and I'd suggest going with option 2 anyway as this/these mods are most likely for much older versions of the game and might cause issues. Dirty edit mods haven't been much of a thing for a long time now (with CP2077 that is).

or

Re-install the game one last time. Uninstall, once uninstalled, go to your install path and you will likely have a few residual files in there (probably the culprit in fact). Just delete the entire CP2077 folder. Then head over to the AppData folder (C:Users/username/AppData). The game currently isn't installed on my PC but if memory serves, CP2077 is located in the AppData/Local folder under CD Projekt Red. Again, delete the entire Cyberpunk 2077 folder. Now you're ready for a clean install.

Up to you, option 1 could be faster if you remember the mod/find the .ini/can find it in your mod manager (assuming you used one) but it's hard to say if it'll fix your problem. Option 2 is much more likely to fix the issue but depending on your internet package it might be more of a last resort.

Whichever one you choose, I also suggest you start a new game if you are planning on picking up from an earlier save. If you had residual mods from older versions, it's possible some values are irreversibly changed in your save. It's possible there won't be any problems but if you use an old save and notice some wonkiness, that's probably why.

I figured it out. Thank you so much for your suggestions. I managed to locate and remove the residual mods and all is well. Again, thank you.

Top Bottom