keybinds and control settings not working

+
i've been trying the last two days to play the game, but the keybinds aren't working for some reasons,each time i load a save, nothing seems to appear like the map and the health bar etc.., even pressing escape won't work, its just geralt standing up doing nothing, but the other npc's are walking and doing everything else normally.
i've tried moving and pressed every key on the keyboard but nothing works when i enter the keybind settings, all of the keybinds aren't there except the f5 keybind and its locked, everything else has disappeared, and i'm unable to enter the control settings (not the controller scheme setting) and its not only the control settings, the other settings aren't working too. i tried left clicking them and pressing E and everything but they won't work, ive installed 3 mods and deleted them and i sitll have the same issue
The Witcher 3 Screenshot 2019.10.20 - 19.31.04.53.png

The thing with mods is that even after uninstalling them they can still cause problems, up to the point where you have to try out much older save games (hoping that they might work better...) or - if you are very unlucky - start fresh.

But the first thing I would do before going any further is to verify/repair the game:

Top Bottom