Keyboard/ Place of power bug

+
Hello, I just got The witcher 3 GOTY Edition from steam but I encountered a really annoying bug. I am unable to draw from places of power, when I press "e" once the animation starts, Geralt kneels down but nothing happens while if i hold the button as the game tells me to do the animation continuously restarts very quickly. Very similarly when I am in a Gwent match I am unable to pass by holding the space bar, I can see the little loading bar on the side of the screen rapidly starting to load and restart very quickly. I also noticed that very often while walking Geralt suddently stops like if I just released the "w" key which is kinda annoying but not as much as being unable to draw from places of power. Is anyone able to help me with this? Thank you all!

Sounds like something is interfering on your PC. Is there anything else plugged in on your computer, that the program might mistake for a controller device? If that is the case, I‘d suggest unplugging it.

Or maybe a background application that has something to do with the controls? Even if not, it’s probably best close every non-essential background application and see if that changes anything.

You could also verify/repair the game: https://support.cdprojektred.com/en...ical/issue/649/verify-integrity-of-game-cache

Hi devivre, I already tried to repair the game, even reinstalled it and started a new game. I don't have any control related background application running.

Even if you don‘t think it‘s control related, as mentioned before, I‘d recommend closing every non essential background application (With the Windows Task Manager).

Also make sure your keyboard drivers are updated. What keyboard do you use?

I Tried closing all non essential background application as you suggested but the problem persist. I use a Perixx PX-1800 but no official drivers seems to be avaiable, I will try as soon as I can to run the game using a controller to be sure it's a keyboard related problem, but it would be strange since I never had any problems with it. Also I noticed that holding the left shift key to run faster when riding a horse works perfectly so the problem seems to occour only in the cases I already described in my original post.

Did you install software for this keyboard at some point?

Also, did you install any mods for TW3?

Top Bottom