kickstarter for CP 2077?

+
kickstarter for CP 2077?

what do you guys think is Kickstarter a good Idea for extra founding, so they don't have to use investors like they did with the witcher 3.
What are the pros and cons?

Pros: Some money. Some fans happier, if they think they get input.

Cons: Everything else. Fans are more entitled than investors and often confuse kickstarters with an investment. Much less money than what they could raise through investors -not that money is an issue anymore, at least not one that kickstarter could solve. As a publically-listed corporate entity, multiple, multiple issue would arise concerning company investors, future dividends, ownership and so forth. License issues with Cyberpunk 2020. Time and work spent on keeping backers updated to the degree they expect. Money given to kickstarter. I could go on and on. I think that's good, though.

Kickstarter is great if you're a starting company that can't get regular investors.
Or an established one that wants to do a project most investors/publishers won't touch and you can't afford to fund it yourself.

CDPR is neither of the above.

Additionally, CDPR just earned quite some money with the Release of W3. 1 Million PreOrders alone plus Expansion Passes, upcoming Add-Ons and the hundreds of thousands who didn't preorder, but still bought the game day 1 or in the first days - yeah, I'd say that CDP is swimming in dough right now. 150 million $, if not more. They don't need Kickstarter.

Kickstarter is for startups and indie developers who dont have the financial resources, dont forget CD is not an underdog anymore

Additionally, CDPR just earned quite some money with the Release of W3. 1 Million PreOrders

the preorders even rose to 1.5 million before its launch

I just wan't to see them make something truly amazing i feel like they made some changes on the witcher 3 just to please investors or meet deadline so maybe kick starter is just as bad anyway seams like they are on the right track. if they have the kinda money you're talking about and don't need any investors

if they have the kinda money you're talking about and don't need any investors

Oh, they made changes to appeal to different audiences. There will always be compromises, but kickstarter would in no way help. The money is too small and the interference too great.

I just wan't to see them make something truly amazing i feel like they made some changes on the witcher 3 just to please investors or meet deadline so maybe kick starter is just as bad anyway seams like they are on the right track. if they have the kinda money you're talking about and don't need any investors

The real key is to know what your players want.
While Kickstarters are GREAT for player feedback I think a limited early beta to a select group of playtesters (not an "Open Beta") would be more useful. Make em sign NDAs and all that, but test it on a variety of platforms and get feedback as to what works well and what doesn't and why.
Not that CDPR has done this before (that I'm aware of), but I really think it would be a VERY smart move.

Suhiira;1753957 Not that CDPR has done this before (that I'm aware of) said:
I agree utterly.

I feel some of the features in my beloved Wild Hunt game could have been really improved with some simple feedback from different platforms and beta testing.

Durability, late-game OP issues, certain really obvious bugs..if you can disseminate your product to 100 testers first..

But of course, leaks were a big worry for them. Too bad.

A leaked early build can do wonders, anyway. Deus Ex, for example. Or it could screw you, if it's flawed. Tough call.

Forum veteran
I for one would be willing to play the game before anyone else. They can count on my smug self-satisfaction and the subsequent taunting of everyone who doesn't have the game overcoming any leakish whims that may strike. A win/win for everyone involved.

And I'm inherently trustworthy, unlike the moderators here. Accepting the position only shows that they can be bought by promises of power. What happens when someone promises them more power in exchange for leaking information? I'm clearly the much safer choice.

But of course, leaks were a big worry for them. Too bad.

Why you hand-pick only 20ish that use a variety of platforms and have em sign NDAs. I've beta'd a few games still do one on occasion, some advantages to having a fellow code monkey look at things. You don't need tons of generic feedback, you need specific points made and why they're an issue, and reasonable suggestions.
It doesn't work or I don't like it really doesn't help at all. It doesn't work well because of X, Y, and Z but if it worked this way <suggestion> those issues could be eliminated or at least mitigated is useful.

---------- Updated at 01:40 PM ----------

I for one would be willing to play the game before anyone else. They can count on my smug self-satisfaction and the subsequent taunting of everyone who doesn't have the game overcoming any leakish whims that may strike. A win/win for everyone involved.

And I'm inherently trustworthy, unlike the moderators here. Accepting the position only shows that they can be bought by promises of power. What happens when someone promises them more power in exchange for leaking information? I'm clearly the much safer choice.

Well ...
You're honest at any rate.

Last edited:
kickstarter??? why?

It will only detract from the game. This is why:

I say let the men work fail or success i will buy it and enjoy it for what it will be. I just feel that they have a better chance if we keep out of it financially. Getting ideas from cool forum discussion at their own discretion sounds great but when we begin to demand crap due to investment... mmm no thanks, like a fish in a bear suite.

Attachments

• Camel-is-a-horse-with-drop-shadow.jpg
    Camel-is-a-horse-with-drop-shadow.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 112
Hey, guys, Dec here. The guy who embeds Jimquisition videos in place for actual comments. The recent Shenmue kickstarter publicity stunt has had a lot of different reactions, but I really like how Jim Sterling put it down in this video. I think it outlines some of the things that might go wrong if CDPR decided to use kicktarter in part to fund the game.
[video=youtube;nXqrYx-04Ok]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXqrYx-04Ok[/video]

A big established company like CDPR doing a kick-starter is kind of disrespectful to the smaller guys that are still trying to make it. CDPR is not like that.

And besides, I suspect they have or can get money to do whatever they want at this point. There is simply no need.

Nah, after the gigantic success of the Witcher 3 i think they have enough money to do CP 2077. Besides kickstarter is meant to fund Projekt that would not be possible otherwise, not allow companies to save a few bucks by having fans pay it for them.

Too many cooks in the kitchen.

Kickstarter is for nostalgic pieces like Torment or Pillars that can't get funding from a mainstream publisher. Cyberpunk 2077 is a modern title that doesn't suffer from the same niche appeal. Also, CDPR has their own lucrative source of income: over $240,000,000 from the sale of Witcher 3 and GoG.

I don't think WB Games had a major say in the development of Wild Hunt. I may be wrong about that, but I have a feeling that CDPR would have ditched them if that were the case. Their involvement certainly wasn't crucial.

Oh, I dunno.

I've figured out a use for a CDPR Kickstarter.

VOICES.

Yes. More voice actors!

So I don't hear -every- *&@((!&!@ Temerian resistance fighter sounding like Roche.

They don't really need a KS campaign on anything they do post Witcher 3, but if they sought info on market interest on a more classical RPG (ISO/topdown perspective, point'n click gameplay, turnbased combat, PnP rules ported as verbatim as possible....) I'd probably try to help make that game a reality.

I mean I wouldn't mind at all if the games visual basics were akin to these:

Or if wanting to go a bit more modern:

Gameplay somewhat akin to this:

With graphics like this:

Last edited:
This is the first time I checked CP 2077 forum page. I always thought that Sardukhar is just a guy come to forum warn people or to close the thread. Good to know he is more than that :surprise:. I think its Wither 3 dark world made him tough::). (Off topic, I know)

YES ! IT IS! FEEELTHY HOOMAN~~!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom