kickstarter/indiegogo/steamsale/launch keys&co thread

+

Well, actually, first metro game is garbage.

calm down.......it isnt garbage, yeah its not perfect but it was made by a really small team who worked hard on it

:/ They do get low budgets but that doesn't mean they work way more than other teams. They got the story from a book or something and like many games, since the story was written before devs could come up with proper mechanics, it's full of "tapping x to do stuff".

Last edited:
Well, actually, first metro game is garbage.

It really wasn't. I could pull up critical marks for it, but no. I enjoyed it a lot and it was more engrossing, better written and a lot tougher than most I've played.

I swear that kickstarter page was written by @Sardukhar. I think he's stalking me for research purposes.

"research" purposes. Yes. That's what I'm going to call it. Attorneys love that word. So sciencey.

It really wasn't. I could pull up critical marks for it, but no. I enjoyed it a lot and it was more engrossing, better written and a lot tougher than most I've played.

About METRO... I've bought the book(first one I believe 2033) the other day... It's such a crap - I literally can not get through it and I do read so it feels like wasted money and its sad.... Because so many ppl applause it. I felt sooo disappointed about it...

It's definitely not deserved and much like bioshocks it's very rhetoric; )

Last edited:
It's definitely not deserved and much like bioshocks it's very rhetoric; )

hmm.
HMMM.

Interesting comparison.

I did like Bioshock 1, but, yes, felt it was over-rated. Bioshock 2 bored me. Bioshock 3 was fun, but, for me, vastly inferior to Metro 2033 or Last Light or Bioshock 1, even.

Of the above, I might replay....STALKER.

Now, were you expecting a lot from 2033? Because I wasn't and I was pleasantly pleased with pleasure.

What did you walk into expecting from the game? Outside your shot not registering issue (?? bug? Fixed? Didn't have this issue) and voice dub, what were your problems? Stealth was pretty much essential to survival at the highest difficulty, I found.

Also, spiking people with the air rifle from stealth. How could you not love that?

With that combat system at hand stealth is something you do out of pure desire. But even then headshots may not register and npc's are spongy by design.
Back then, I expected a game to kill the time but things were unbelievably raw (stuff I pointed in previous posts) and even the marketed light effects "shined" 3 times in total.
I say it's rhetoric like bioshock because it is, you get world building and characters to introduce harsh and mature stuff that ultimately push the shooting forward. And much like bioshock, because of half life, it's a first time experience: exploring and getting what you need to achieve the good ending (it's likely everyone get the canon one at first ) doesn't make for a third playthrough.

That said bioshock games are some of the most important fps ones in recent memory since they show the discrepancy between players and characters, though most of their popularity isn't deserved either - it's just fps games get praised for getting stuff from other games: P

Last edited:
And how could I forget about that escape sequence about some guy basically blocking my way while acting totally terrorized "OMG GET DOWN", "GET DOWN AGAIN" stuff and I was, like, walking or something.

Last edited:
By the way - Torment: Tides of Numenera is running a post-Kickstarter-fundraiser on their site at the moment. The goal is to raise another $250.000 or so to re-integrate a substantial area called the Gullet which originally was cut from the game's central hub, the Bloom.

All pledges are applied to improving Torment: Tides of Numenera, but with this Stretch Goal, one specific improvement we can commit to is restoring the Gullet to the Bloom, per George Ziets' original design. We had cut this area to control scope of the Bloom zone. Restoring it to the design would complete George's original vision for the Bloom and increase its scope by roughly 10%.

Without spoiling much, here is how George describes the Gullet:

Deep in the guts of the Bloom is a jumble of fleshy veins and cavities, known to natives as the Gullet. It surrounds a foul organic stew, containing the minds and memories of those devoured by the Bloom. The pulsing of a titanic heart reverberates from somewhere below… if you find yourself trapped here, the sound will drive you mad.

Few reach this place by intention. Most are eaten by a Maw and emerge in the Gullet, half-digested, to spend the final days of their lives in screaming agony. Transdimensional echoes of the Bloom's victims wander through the tunnels, lost and insane. Bizarre creatures, bred by the Bloom in its guts, burst from their wombs to hunt. Forgotten machines and artifacts lie half-submerged in Bloom-flesh, plucked from distant worlds of the past or future.

The only way out of the Gullet is down… to follow the sounds of the Bloom's beating heart and descend to a place where the Bloom's consciousness is at its most malignant and aware.

So if you feel like upgrading to a higher tier or make an arbitrary pledge (via PayPal only) to help getting this funded, feel free to do so through your backer account or by just pledging an arbitrary amount of your choice.

Deadline is October, 16th and the stretch goal is currently 29% short of getting funded.

Kickstarter: early 2015
Launch: around early 2016 - PS4, PC, MAC

We want to revive the forgotten cinematic platformer genre.
We want to pursue the tradition of Another World, Flashback, & Oddworld.
We want to lead the next generation of 2D, handcrafted pixel art.

Expect a 2D cyberpunk open world, made up of 4 unique districts each with distinct architecture, cultures and industries.

--------

+ Action & infiltration gameplay in the great tradition of cinematic platformers.
+ Travel between districts using taxis, ferries, or monorail while trying to keep low profile.
+ A diverse, inclusive cast of complex characters to interact with through meaningful, branching dialogue.
+ Varied gameplay such as driving down epic highways, flying drones, hacking droids to do your dirty work and remain undetected.
+ Interactive, in-game multiple-choice events. In tricky situations, run away, argue to gain more time, or try to pull your gun.
+ Living, simulated world with dense crowd of citizens doing their own stuff.

http://www.oddtales.net/

Last edited:
Top Bottom