Kids with guns! (not just a Gorillaz song)

+
So I was wondering about how some people like Misty protect themselves in NC that are not battle hard fighters. Thinking about this I suppose she could have hidden mantis blades or a concealed weapon. But then I remembered seeing some little kids with hand guns in their usually the right hand

Edit:
Wait, I went back to look and it is in their LEFT hand not right!!??. I wonder if that has any significance or not? I am going to have to keep aware now to see what hand random NPC use for various actions. It would be cool it he DEV actually made this random animation flag that makes it different for various NPC.

I was born Left but forced to use my right (religious schools) so now I am kind of ambidextrous but crap with both hands in a lot of fine motor skills (like art work). So this left and right stuff interested me!

In the Sword and Shield RL combat arts I was in for 40 years I believe this actually helped me because with a shield, defense is more important than offence. You can kill just about anyone no matter what their skill level as long as you can live long enough for that "shot" to happen. So when I started in the marshal arts I used the shield in my left (as most do) but I believe that gave me an unusual advantage being primarily left handed.

Per the lore/setting of this game are children allowed to carry real weapons in public or should that have only been a toy gun?
Note it was not shaped nor colored as if it was a toy like in the AR game with River's (sister's) rug rats adorable nephew and niece. This kids gun looked as real as a RL Glock.

I threw some grenades at the kid to see if he would shoot at me but they just ran away naturally. Coincidently this was right outside the door of a gun merchant. I guess it was possible the kid found the gun (unrepairable?) in the trash of the vendor.

They show advertisement of an entire family proudly displaying guns even the kids but that is just an advertisement and as we know even in RL they can be very fictitious just to sell products.

Last edited:

msxyz

Forum regular
I've seen some children with guns in the poorest area. I think that they must have found them somewhere; considering the abundance of guns it's not a far fetched theory. Also, I remember that, at least in one case, I was able to pry it from their hands. I believe it was a kid on the roof in Kabuki. I vividly recall it because, as I approached him, the "press X" message came up and when I took it, he screamed "It's mine".

I've seen some children with guns in the poorest area. I think that they must have found them somewhere; considering the abundance of guns it's not a far fetched theory. Also, I remember that, at least in one case, I was able to pry it from their hands. I believe it was a kid on the roof in Kabuki. I vividly recall it because, as I approached him, the "press X" message came up and when I took it, he screamed "It's mine".

Do you remember if it was in their left or right hand?

Not far from Lizzies I happened on a small cluster of kids in an alley. I watched them for a few moments and realized they were gathered around a dead body, all looking at it. I thought “Oh man, this is what it’s like to be a kid in Night City, the reality of finding dead bodies when you’re out playing with your chooms.”

As I approached, the kids startled and scattered. As they bolted away, a loot icon appeared on the ground by the body. I walked up and sure enough, it was a pistol. One of the kids had been holding it, and had dropped it when they ran. And I thought “Oh they must have found this gun next to the body. Good thing I scared them off.”

But boy was I wrong, because then I found this shard :)

D5C1CC41-63BC-4C08-BB50-823D689E0F5A.jpeg

Last edited:
Not far from Lizzies I happened on a small cluster of kids in an alley. I watched them for a few moments and realized they were gathered around a dead body, all looking at it. I thought “Oh man, this is what it’s like to be a kid in Night City, the reality of finding dead bodies when you’re out playing with your chooms.”

As I approached, the kids startled and scattered. As they bolted away, a loot icon appeared on the ground by the body. I walked up and sure enough, it was a pistol. One of the kids had been holing it, and had dropped it when I scared them off. And I thought “Oh they must have found this gun next to the body. Good thing I scared them off.”

But boy was I wrong, because then I found this shard :)

View attachment 11196934

I wish they had more of that kind of thing in the game. That was really cool because had the DEV not put those kids down there with the body (just below street level in a very dark short passage ) I would have walked right on by the find.

Here's a video clip of the scene. (Sorry Google adds this gigantic logo image for no reason!)

msxyz

Forum regular
Do you remember if it was in their left or right hand?
No, I don't remember such small details. All I remember is that it was in one of those shacks on the roof; there was a boy and a girl close together; one of them was playing with this pistol and I could take it off him. I was surprised because I've seen other children with guns (in Vista del Rey and in Heywood) but they cannot be interacted with.

Top Bottom