Killing / not killing is pointless

+
I think it would be nice if NPCs would get back up after a few minutes when non-lethal is used. It would also be interesting if they would either run away, hide / cower, or decide to fight you again.

I have noticed that there is a dialogue difference in the text msg after taking down a cyber psycho. Would be cool to see NCPD or some other group swoop in and haul them away.

any mission u complete for regina without killing gets you about 3000-3200
killing gets you 1000 to 1300
in my experience at least

I find it funny with the quest about the what was it "cyberpshychois"? Where you need to only stun them - well, I kill them and nothing happens... You just finish the quest anyway. Or if you want to immerse more :D :D :D you could stun them finish the quest and then kill them.

Funny you gain more because the kill gives you additional points to everything. As I said before it's just a shell of a game. It's botched.

I think it's part of the broken reputation system. I was led to believe that how you play the game matters and for the majority of quests it doesn't one bit.
It also doesn't change how people react to you in general.
If the reputation (streetcred) actually worked like a reputation system should (and not just to be able to buy better equipment), this would probably have been integrated as well, like others wrote, in the way that people would react differently to a stone-cold killer or someone who only kills when other options fail, same as with someone doing a lot of bs, compared to someone who acts totally professional.

All this clearly should have been in the game.

I agree, if there was some kind of morality meter a la Mass Effect it would be relevant if you killed or not kill someone.

I also don't like how once you've grabbed someone from behind you have them. Like, wouldn't it have been much better use of the skill tree to have your success at keeping your hold of someone tied to either your strength or a strength related perk, instead of just percentage increments? My 6 body character be grabbing, moving and twisting animal necks like it's going out of style.

There is also
a side quest which comes to mind with monks which involves taking out gang members without killing. Funny enough, those monks are located in Watson but I found them way later in the game in Japantown, near the Cherry Blossom Market, and they started talking to me a bit more. I found it very cool.
its the only one.
And if you "consider" not letting people die, you also get some other quests in time, like sandra, takemura, and other NPCs if you save them, you get quests later.

the one i tried to save was frank, i tried but didnt worked out. i even erased his memory and put him on sleep but... i guess you cant save him.

Urgh...

Mission involving a Monk - you’re asked to not kill anyone. So I do the whole thing stealth and non lethal only for said monk to critique me for being too violent and killing people.

so yes - it literally makes no difference
There's is a glitch in the game. You can accidentaly kill unconscious enemies while droping them on the ground, and it seems it can happen if you run over them.
There's also at least one quest where killing/not kiling makes a difference, not in general outcome, but in a certain NPC immediate reaction and post quest flavour.

I wish it were more like Kotor/Swtor where it influenced light/dark side and gave you other dialog options like lifepaths do, or made NPCs naturally react differently to you

Stealth is pretty much broken and pointless anyway. It only makes your walkthrough extremely frustrating and uncovers all broken gameplay mechanics there are. There are also some side-quest bugs where you kill every single NPC and the outcome is a phone call congratulating you for not being seen by anyone. I mean, yeah, nobody saw me coz they are all dead now, but I guess that wasn't the intended outcome :)

There's this Side Quest I did that had me rescue a monk. I tried it two times, one by killing everyone, and the second was pacifying them all. Different reactions at the end but it was all the same, just different dialogues.

There's this Side Quest I did that had me rescue a monk. I tried it two times, one by killing everyone, and the second was pacifying them all. Different reactions at the end but it was all the same, just different dialogues.
Yes and later you meet them again, they are in the street together and tell you "keep on the good path"
but there is no open world, everything is fake, except the quests, the rest is a joke:

People dissappear sometimes, same NPCs with same cloths repeated everywhere. Police spawn fro nowhere, and if u run 2 blocks they stop chasing you, even if you are a murderer. Cars fly everywhere, and if you see them from long distance they are just fake, they disappear, i mean nothing is real, all is fake if you pay attention.
The only thing this game has, is the questing, and once you finish them all, everything else is fake and nothing works as it should.
I am not even talking about bugs, i mean literally sim city 2000 has more AI than this game.

This is a lie. There are many, many instances where not killing someone changes things. Like for example the gig "monster hunt". You are hired to take someone out. You can kill him, but if you take him down non-lethal the quest updates to carry him outside. When you do, the target is taken to the Mox to be straight up tortured to death.

This is a lie. There are many, many instances where not killing someone changes things. Like for example the gig "monster hunt". You are hired to take someone out. You can kill him, but if you take him down non-lethal the quest updates to carry him outside. When you do, the target is taken to the Mox to be straight up tortured to death.

I also had at least 2 instances when after I completed a gig the fixer complained that I killed everyone, instead of just stealing the item/information I was supposed to steal.

Since no one has brought it up, didn't one of the devs say that the endings would be determined by your choices AND the number of people you killed? Another scrapped feature that was never stated to have been scraped.

Since no one has brought it up, didn't one of the devs say that the endings would be determined by your choices AND the number of people you killed? Another scrapped feature that was never stated to have been scraped.
Wrong forum. Nobody will recognize the faults of the game here because this is a fan-club forum mostly, people like us should go to reddit i guess.
Is like trying to convince a jehova witness that god doesnt exists, is impossible, you could be your whole life talking about the same topic, and they wont be able to unerstand what you mean, not because they are bad guys or anything, they are just blind in this aspect, you can share with them how amazing the story is, but thats it, forget about critics, because this is a cult, and nobody touch their god.
Is like speaking different languages, their words have different meanings, forget about what RPG or Open World means, no matter how hard you try, they have a different concept of it.

I hope that the CDPR changes the animations about 'immobilizations' and, I think that some have bugs. When I use non-lethal weapons, the ones I hit, bleed and that bothers me immensely. I would like to see something like sleeping, or literally immobilized, even when awake, but without blood. I think there are also problems with 'ragdoll' (physics).

Wrong forum. Nobody will recognize the faults of the game here because this is a fan-club forum mostly, people like us should go to reddit i guess.
Is like trying to convince a jehova witness that god doesnt exists, is impossible, you could be your whole life talking about the same topic, and they wont be able to unerstand what you mean, not because they are bad guys or anything, they are just blind in this aspect, you can share with them how amazing the story is, but thats it, forget about critics, because this is a cult, and nobody touch their god.
Is like speaking different languages, their words have different meanings, forget about what RPG or Open World means, no matter how hard you try, they have a different concept of it.
I have no idea what your talking about, choomba. I just brought up a detail that no one else mentioned. That's all.

Top Bottom