Killing people

+
Killing people

So I heard you can't kill civilians, sorry I write something it didn't go through can you kill gaurds or attack civilians I heard when you attack gaurds come after you

Last edited:
So I heard you can't kill civilians

and? do you have a point here that i am missing?

btw why should you? Geralt would never just slaughter innocent civillians. that would be suicide job wise. He solves peoples problems. if he would just butcher someones neighbour he would hardly get the next contract^^

He does kill humans from time to time but usually only those that harm him first.

Do you want Geralt to kill civilians? :D

Yeah I know but I want to be evil on my first playthrough, Ik there are ways to be evil but idk. Options are always good in my opinion I'm not a lore guy.

---------- Updated at 01:07 AM ----------

Like the combat looks really good so I just wanna kill a bunch of people. I heard there was an arena in witcher 2 I hopeeee there will be in witcher 3

You really can't kill Civilians? What is if an NPC pisses me off? I mean come on.....

Just kidding of course. I understand that there might be problems occurring if you need to finish a quest but the NPC is dead due to you simply killing him/her in gameplay. In the story, of course, since those are things CDPR did keep in mind when working out consequences. But there should be restrictions in gameplay, I can see the benefit of having the player not be able to kill anyone, especially in a game where the story is much more in depth and interwoven than in Skyrim...

Yeah I hear you I think it is good, I know it's not supose to be a sandbox, I think it was said but I really want to kill civilians. I'm pretty sure you can't kill any, quest related or not just for specific quests. But that's okay really but I would like the option, in games like Skyrim I never killed a ton of civilians but I had the option to.

It would be very frustrating, if this living world, which functions independent of Geralt's actions, with its monsters and beasts, killed off NPCs before you could reach them, or return to complete a quest. While you were out, a griffin ate the quest-giver! Nay, I doubt they'd let that happen. . . .

I hear you, but I mean if I could go around killing some useless npcs I'd be happy. But I'm not trying to sound pissy the game still looks amazing, I realllllly wanna try out the combat and cut down enemies like swiss cheese

The Witcher series deals with a preset character who has a predefined role in the world in which he lives. Choices & consequences are a major part of this game and the developers want you to believe your choices really have an impact. How immersion breaking would it be if you could walk into a town and kill random civilians? Not only would this be out of character for Geralt, but it would also put you on a most-wanted list and potentially even prevent you from finishing the main quest-line. No, for this franchise this sort of gameplay just doesn't work.

Last edited:
I hear you, but I mean if I could go around killing some useless npcs I'd be happy. But I'm not trying to sound pissy the game still looks amazing, I realllllly wanna try out the combat and cut down enemies like swiss cheese
I understand what you mean. No doubt I'll have the urge to walk in front of some random npc & send his head flying for absolutely no reason. I'll call roach & ride away while my pursuers give chase. My next destination would be a troll's cave with purpose of provocation.

Exactly. I always have the urge to just kill everything, kill all enemies leave no one left standing. It's all good though. I seen a picture where Geralt is in conflict with city gaurds I think, so posssssiblyy we will be able to fight guards. I heard if you attack a civilian they will just call guards and the guards will come.

I understand what you mean. No doubt I'll have the urge to walk in front of some random npc & send his head flying for absolutely no reason. I'll call roach & ride away while my pursuers give chase. My next destination would be a troll's cave with purpose of provocation.

Wait, what?
Kill random humans as much as you want, but don't you DARE attack those poor innocent trolls.

---------- Updated at 09:44 AM ----------

Exactly. I always have the urge to just kill everything, kill all enemies leave no one left standing. It's all good though. I seen a picture where Geralt is in conflict with city gaurds I think, so posssssiblyy we will be able to fight guards. I heard if you attack a civilian they will just call guards and the guards will come.

We don't know the mechanics, that was just speculation. The alternative will simply be that you can't attack non-combatants.

There is really no need to kill civilians because Withers are not know for mass murder of the innocent. But i wouldn't mind if they implemented it in the game. I always go crazy after i finish playing a game.

Yeah man that's what I mean. Like I love the choice to kill those bastards in the beginning. I would run them all through in a split second.

Top Bottom