Killing the Draug Boss

+
Move away during the special attacks. Stand by the edges close to rocks preferable a corner and move away when he start to charge then go up and whack his back. Remember to use the shield spell.

I finished the Draugir in just few seconds, on hard difficulty.

Apply quen, use the "strong style" attacks and just roll aside when it rushes towards you. The easiest boss in the game.

Forum veteran
eskiMoe said:
The easiest boss in the game.
You got lucky. If you get hit by a trebuchet, you'll be knocked down and have no time to get up before the next one hits. That was the most irritating part--there's no recovery once it hits you. My first playthrough was like that, though, just walking up and strong-attacking it to death. Never had it that easy again, so it must just be luck.

OP: I've heard good things about daggers. Watch your health, use Quen, and run around and dodge like a crazy person when he puts his shield up because something is about to fall on you if you don't move. Patience is key.

Yrden is your friend. Just place it and get him to charge towards you. Once he's trapped hit him a few times in the back(not full combo, cause he might just block your attack and counter rather hard). If you're lucky and stay close enough, he won't use any special attacks.

Most players have a bunch of snares or traps in their inventory, unless you sold them. There is time at the beginning of the fight, as long as you don't approach the Draug - to lay out a ton of snares that he will run through as he chases you. Cuts his health down incredibly.

One of the more common deaths players face when fighting the draug, is the one of the trebuchet attack. I found out - rather embarrassingly late - that you could actually turn your attention to the sky, and thus be able to react and move away from incoming boulders much sooner than if you were only to check the ground for those tiny light pillars.

KnightofPhoenix said:
I hate when he does his cyclone of death thing. But overall, I found him easy on...hard. Used Yrden mostly.
Pop a Quen when you notice he's preparing for it - the moment he takes damage, it interrupts the attack, so at most, you get hit once.

The Draug was the easiest boss in the game (not counting the Epilogue), you can either use Yrden or Quen. I used Quen just for that little cushion of safety in case I don't dodge properly and get hit.

But basically whenever he charges, dodge and couple of strong attacks from behind, rinse and repeat.

eskiMoe said:
I finished the Draugir in just few seconds, on hard difficulty.

Apply quen, use the "strong style" attacks and just roll aside when it rushes towards you. The easiest boss in the game.

This, I killed him on first try an hour ago, on hard. Important is to have enhanced dodge.

Bring a good silver sword; you should have one by now. Use strong attacks, keep hitting for as long as he doesn't block you, and when he does, dodge before he hits back. If you're a strong blocker, you can block him, too, then hit him off your block. He is very predictable and not too fast. If you use signs, keep your Quen up, and use Yrden to slow him down. When he calls in trebuchets, cast Quen and dodge as if your life depended on it (it does). Here is one of his big weaknesses: when he goes into a whirlwind, cast Yrden; he'll come out of it rooted to the spot long enough for you to get a few blows in.

I got lucky with my timing of when the boss appeared, because I had crafted a good 50 throwing knives before hand (I'm an item hoarder), so I just knife-spammed until he was dead. I also remember that there was a glitch with the Yrden that made it so that he just stood there with his back to me, that made it even easier. I probably would've fought him legitimantly had it not been for the fact that I was sorta in a rush.

I just used Aard, Yrden and combo attack like crazy. Throwing knives are also nice. Dodge and RLH for the cyclone thing and trebuchets.

dodge his charge, smack his back with heavy blows and he goes down like a ton of bricks. you don't need to break through his armor or anything. definitely the easiest boss in the game.

Nice this thread is entirely appropriate for me since I just got to the part where I need to fight that huge walking armor.

The wikia articles themselves tell you everything you need to know for that fight.

-Quen is your ally.
-Bombs are also good.
-For some reason you won't see the Draug recoiling or hear any whacking noise when you hit it(I didn't, maybe a bug?) but you'll see it's health go down all the same.
-When it starts blocking your sword stop attacking and roll away; try to sidestep it or use daggers/bombs/traps/Signs.
-When your vigor runs short just keep away from it.

Top Bottom