Kinda hating Journey so far

+
Honestly, my main issue with Journey is the sequential nature of the side quests. I've basically been stuck since week 2 because there are no aristocrats that aren't Nilfgaard. Which makes progress and free rewards seem slow and underwhelming. Without the side quests, i get what? 2 reward points every 12 wins? That's roughly 3 hours of work at ~60 percent win rate.
Yes, that's my main concern too. I hate NG and I will never play a bleeding deck. Thus, I am stuck forever now? Is this right? Or did I miss something...?
If this is really the case this is absolutely awful. I hate it to be oppressed to play a certain faction or even more specific a certain deck type. This has to be reworked!

Yes, that's my main concern too. I hate NG and I will never play a bleeding deck. Thus, I am stuck forever now? Is this right? Or did I miss something...?
If this is really the case this is absolutely awful. I hate it to be oppressed to play a certain faction or even more specific a certain deck type. This has to be reworked!

You just need to the play the unit 15 times. Win enough scrap for the cheapest unit and just field it and forfeit. It’s not that bad and doesn’t take that long.

You just need to the play the unit 15 times. Win enough scrap for the cheapest unit and just field it and forfeit. It’s not that bad and doesn’t take that long.
It is bad and it shouldn’t feel like grind. That way the journey feels like work you supposed to do (even if you payed for the journey). Quests should be interesting and not forcing you to play specific cards. Helas, this shows the attitude of CDPR to the current state of Gwent. They just want to make money now and don’t really care about the content the provide as long as it pays. I payed for this journey but if the 2nd one will be as bad as this one I won’t give a cent to this.

You are being sarcastic... right?

If not, which at this point i can't tell, you are pretty much showing the common mindset that must have taken Gwent to what it is.

As long as a reward exists, and you can get it easy, the game is perfectly fine.

You are being sarcastic... right?

If not, which at this point i can't tell, you are pretty much showing the common mindset that must have taken Gwent to what it is.

As long as a reward exists, and you can get it easy, the game is perfectly fine.
No Sarcasm sadly. Let me ask you, how is a daily quest to play 60 special cards or 40 artifacts any better. Win with a faction you don’t play is terrible for new players who don’t get an extra reroll until they earn the prestige for it. The quests are not good, I didn’t defend them nor will I. What I said, is that Journey is not totally broken by 15 use quests. Given that you cannot do any later quests, sucking it up and spending the required time to complete them is worthwhile. Ignoring the past three weeks, 540 quest crowns from F2P are upcoming. If you would rather win at least 270 rounds (with the fresh bonus,) than play a card 15 times and get exp for the auto forfeits that follow, be my guest.

Thank you all!
It would be no problem for me to build specific decks - I have a complete set of cards. But: I will never ever play a NG deck. And I will not even like to create one as well. I won't spend time on things I despise.
The difference to 40 artefacts or 60 special cards is: These quests can be fulfilled by playing neutral cards. "Nobles" is impossible without NG and "bleeding" at least difficult without certain monster cards. (I play MO Ciri Consume & Rat-Flood, so this would be possible by inserting several vampires temporarily).
But I am really "irritated" why I bought a 10,-€ premium pass just to be stuck now at the beginning.
Euphemistically speaking: I do not guess to invest this during the next journey again... (Maybe someone from CDPR is reading this)
Don not get me wrong: I think it's okay that you have to play certain factions like in pro play. But selling a product and oblige your customers to do something special without telling beforehand what will be required is. ... hmmm.... "problematic".
Post automatically merged:

I'd like to add something:
The most important thing is that these quests are CONSECUTIVE. If I would not have to fulfill it to get the next one (like with the daily quests, which will "disappear" the latests after three days) all will be fine.
I am stuck now because I have to play an NG deck to proceed further. That's not acceptable for a to-be-paid-for product.

Last edited:
Thank you all!
It would be no problem for me to build specific decks - I have a complete set of cards. But: I will never ever play a NG deck. And I will not even like to create one as well. I won't spend time on things I despise.
The difference to 40 artefacts or 60 special cards is: These quests can be fulfilled by playing neutral cards. "Nobles" is impossible without NG and "bleeding" at least difficult without certain monster cards. (I play MO Ciri Consume & Rat-Flood, so this would be possible by inserting several vampires temporarily).
But I am really "irritated" why I bought a 10,-€ premium pass just to be stuck now at the beginning.
Euphemistically speaking: I do not guess to invest this during the next journey again... (Maybe someone from CDPR is reading this)
Don not get me wrong: I think it's okay that you have to play certain factions like in pro play. But selling a product and oblige your customers to do something special without telling beforehand what will be required is. ... hmmm.... "problematic".
Post automatically merged:

I'd like to add something:
The most important thing is that these quests are CONSECUTIVE. If I would not have to fulfill it to get the next one (like with the daily quests, which will "disappear" the latests after three days) all will be fine.
I am stuck now because I have to play an NG deck to proceed further. That's not acceptable for a to-be-paid-for product.

The purpose seems to be to encourage playing of newer tags. Granted I left during the last season of love so I don’t know when exactly tags debuted. That said, You don’t actually need to play NG so much as just waste 20-60 minutes playing the specific card then forfeiting. As for a moral objection to NG, I admit I am a bit lost. Putting aside that they were one of the original 4 factions from W3WH, they have been historically all over the place in the meta. They dominated with tutors and are experiencing a resurgence now, but for a long time they were rutterless with no competitive archetype. Essentially a mid range power collective with intriguing cards but lacking a cohesive synergy. You may not like the current meta, but is it really worth the cost in rewards (especially premium rewards which you already paid for,) or time (assuming you bypass the quests,) when you could speed through 15 plays in less than an hour?

It would be no problem for me to build specific decks - I have a complete set of cards. But: I will never ever play a NG deck. And I will not even like to create one as well
Well In that case you're only option to finish the quest is to put Hanmarvyns Blue Dream in one of you're Decks and to replay one of the opponents Aristocrats from their Graveyard (I haven't tried it myself so I can't guarantee that it gets counted) whenever you face a Nilfgaard Player.

I'm not really a big Nilfgaard fan either but running a pure Assimilate Deck (assimilate units and only cards that trigger assimilate like Uma, Summoning circle, Bribery etc.) is actually quit fun to play and only gets cancerous if you're facing an opponent with a cancerous Deck.

It's especially funny against poison after putting an Impirial Diviner on the opponents Side of the Board with Operator and copying it multiple times with Duchess informant to purify you're poisoned units all the time.

Last edited:
I don't even like cosmetics, but I still think Journey is a great idea. I will personally gladly pay $10 each new Journey season which is...what....like every 90 days or so? To me, that seems like a reasonable investment for a game that I enjoy, even if I find it incredibly frustrating at times. The company has to have revenue. I hope the OP's suggestion that the player base is dwindling is incorrect, but anything we can do to keep the game going at a pretty reasonable price seems fine with me. Granted, some of the progression is crazy. The whole "play xx cards with a bounty tag" and things like that almost inevitably means you're going to play casual for awhile while doing it. (I'm not a big seasonal or arena fan....sorry.) Anyway, I think it's kind of cool and a good way for CDPR to keep the creative juices flowing.

The whole "play xx cards with a bounty tag" .... it's kind of cool and a good way for CDPR to keep the creative juices flowing.

I agree CDPR is probably trying to encourage us to play cards that normally don't see much play. But I resent that they're forcing me to play decks I don't wanna play. At first a tried to build a viable deck with particular tag, now I just throw cards in a deck and then throw 10-20 (whichever is needed) of them on the board and forfeit. Because I just wanna get it over with and go back to playing what I normally play.

I think these quests are a really bad idea. Let me play what I want when I want. I know I can technically do that and just ignore those quests, but of course I don't wanna leave those rewards on the table.

I agree CDPR is probably trying to encourage us to play cards that normally don't see much play. But I resent that they're forcing me to play decks I don't wanna play. At first a tried to build a viable deck with particular tag, now I just throw cards in a deck and then throw 10-20 (whichever is needed) of them on the board and forfeit. Because I just wanna get it over with and go back to playing what I normally play.

I think these quests are a really bad idea. Let me play what I want when I want. I know I can technically do that and just ignore those quests, but of course I don't wanna leave those rewards on the table.

The way I confront with such quests of specific tags is to try to build an established deck, then switch some cards with those of the required tag. I like to play them in seasonal because it is a format that allows tons of flexibility, or at least for earning a CP per match, rather than playing ranked and get the decks smashed by the current tier 0.5 deck.

I think some need to chill out about the sequential quests. I think it's pretty logical.

The concept isn't new and it's hardly difficult to craft a few cheap cards.

It does favour those that have the cards to do the quest even in 1 go but as others have mentioned it's not difficult to even have a few of those cards and do a number of games.

The RP you get from ranking is fair enough for progression even f2p.

Set it up so you can call them when needed like play a unit or move to top etc

The journey system has pros and cons. Overall, the reward points feel a lot less because b4 you would always get around 6/7 a day. Now winning 24 rounds to only access 2 is kinda of a bummer. Imo, they should probably buff the RP from 2 up to 3. And honestly, flat out remove cosmetics from the standard pass. If people like myself really want cosmetics, they’ll pay for the journey. It feels bad when you on a whole tier you get some cosmetics when this system is replacing the RP system for unlocking cards/kegs. Removing cosmetics from standard journey and/or bufffing keys giving for each section from 2-3 would make journey significantly better imo.

The journey system has pros and cons. Overall, the reward points feel a lot less because b4 you would always get around 6/7 a day. Now winning 24 rounds to only access 2 is kinda of a bummer. Imo, they should probably buff the RP from 2 up to 3. And honestly, flat out remove cosmetics from the standard pass. If people like myself really want cosmetics, they’ll pay for the journey. It feels bad when you on a whole tier you get some cosmetics when this system is replacing the RP system for unlocking cards/kegs. Removing cosmetics from standard journey and/or bufffing keys giving for each section from 2-3 would make journey significantly better imo.
3 months = 199 reward points. That isn’t even enough for the three trees in one seasonal event. Using the formula 7 x 12 = 84 days. If the average was 5 points per day before, 5 x 84 = 420. 420 - 199 = 221. We lost 221 per three months assuming 5 per day. Add 84 points to that number for each point you think is appropriate. Things like this tell me Gwent is either dying, or doing well enough that the devs are willing to risk shedding players who like Gwent because of its generosity.

I think your reward point calculations are off for the 3 month cycle. Based in the stated fact that if you finish Journey early, the old reward system kicks in.

Thanks to Covid 19, most non essential workers have much more time to play Gwent. I paid for the premium pass, and after completing week 4's quest, sit at level 72, which it's 47 levels done, or ~11 per week. I'll probably be finished in another 3 weeks and i usually stop playing after the well rested bonus maxes out. So for a 4 weeks I'll be on the old system winning 18 rounds for 4 rp which is a cool 112 rp.

Not paying for the free 25 levels probably means the journey would have taken 9 or 10 weeks for me.

As far as bashing ON CDPR for the journey fetch quests, please stop. Most games have some stupid quests for rewards or a trophy achievement. These are simple. There is nothing wrong with encouraging your player base to spend 15 to 30 minutes outside their comfort zone to use some of the cards you have made. Aristocrats ate at least in a competitively viable deck, Just wait until they hit the really sorry abilities like warfare, discard, and initiative...

I think your reward point calculations are off for the 3 month cycle. Based in the stated fact that if you finish Journey early, the old reward system kicks in.

Thanks to Covid 19, most non essential workers have much more time to play Gwent. I paid for the premium pass, and after completing week 4's quest, sit at level 72, which it's 47 levels done, or ~11 per week. I'll probably be finished in another 3 weeks and i usually stop playing after the well rested bonus maxes out. So for a 4 weeks I'll be on the old system winning 18 rounds for 4 rp which is a cool 112 rp.

Not paying for the free 25 levels probably means the journey would have taken 9 or 10 weeks for me.

As far as bashing ON CDPR for the journey fetch quests, please stop. Most games have some stupid quests for rewards or a trophy achievement. These are simple. There is nothing wrong with encouraging your player base to spend 15 to 30 minutes outside their comfort zone to use some of the cards you have made. Aristocrats ate at least in a competitively viable deck, Just wait until they hit the really sorry abilities like warfare, discard, and initiative...

You spent 25 dollars to get less than what was offered for free a month earlier. Granted you get cosmetics and some kegs to make up for the partials you lost, but all in all you spent more and got less.

Umm, for those of us who like cosmetics, Journey is a great deal compared to the prices in the shop.

It needs to improve some of the offerings (like the free non premium, random common card) but as far as am optional season pass goes it is below market cost. I really wish level 100 would unlock a new original board as well, but perhaps for the next journey out will.

As far as getting less, I do not agree with your application of the numbers. RP is meant to be applied to cosmetics, almost no one spends them solely for resources.

So put aside the math of partial rewards and possible points per day vs actual points per day. Underneath all the mechanics and math there is a simple and unavoidable problem. Journey is essentially pay to finish. If you don’t pay at least the 10 dollars you essentially have to play a crazy amount. Some of you will say go ahead and pay the 10, but at the end of the day, paying for less than was given for free in the daily is something I simply won’t do. Add to that slow and unresponsive support and I cannot help but wonder if Gwent is doing Journey as a desperate money grab to stay open. Has the player base been shrinking? Am I the only one so turned off by journey?

We at least should have gotten currency conversion. 10 Dollars is fucking 70 of my currency right now. I can't pay that shit just for a card game's loot system when I can but two games on a steam sale for that amount.

We at least should have gotten currency conversion. 10 Dollars is fucking 70 of my currency right now. I can't pay that shit just for a card game's loot system when I can but two games on a steam sale for that amount.

We have a market conversion, I pay less from South America than someone from Europe pays.
Even for a 3rd world economy 10usd every 3 months is low.

Top Bottom