King Foltest vs Dennis Cranmer

+
I just had 2 games where king foltest ability boost his on board cards.

His ability is boost hand and deck whilst Cranmer's is hand deck and board...so what gives? Foltest should not boost on board cards!!!!

I am not sure if there are other cards in king foltest deck which do this +1 for his on board cards so anyone can help?

"Boost all other allies and your non-Spying units in hand and deck by 1. "
The important word is the "and". Foltest is supposed to buff cards on the board too.

And asking for other NR cards that boost cards on the board, there is the Field Medic which boosts all soldiers by one.

Foltest should not boost on board cards

Hmm, incorrect.
Foltest's description says "Boost all other allies and your non-Spying units in hand and deck by 1. "
"All other allies" means cards you've already played onto the board; an ally is a unit on your side of the board.

Working as intended.

so that's how it works!!!!
such confusing terms...!
i can that is also why blue stripe scout can boost board cards too.

thanks for clarifying guys.

Foltest's description says "Boost all other allies and your non-Spying units in hand and deck by 1. "
Actually, @lungrisser is right. The sentence actually means what he's saying. Although what Foltest does, is as intended. The correct description should be: "Boost all other allies, and your non-Spying units in hand and deck by 1." Unless 'Ally' is a glossary term, and means units already played on the board, in which case it's fine. #GrammarNazi

Actually, @lungrisser is right. The sentence actually means what he's saying. Although what Foltest does, is as intended. The correct description should be: "Boost all other allies, and your non-Spying units in hand and deck by 1." Unless 'Ally' is a glossary term, and means units already played on the board, in which case it's fine. #GrammarNazi

I am pretty sure you can't have a " , " before the word "and". Anyway, off topic. Best not go into this here :p

I am pretty sure you can't have a " , " before the word "and".
You can. That's the whole point. It's called an oxford comma. And its lack is the cause of whole confusion here.

"Boost all other allies, and your non-Spying units in hand and deck by 1."
With it in place, the 'in hand and deck' phrase will only refer to the 'non-Spying units', and not the 'all other allies'. Thus, clearing the confusion.

Best not go into this here
A little education never offends anyone. Except Radovid, maybe.

You can. That's the whole point. It's called an oxford comma. And its lack is the cause of whole confusion here.

"Boost all other allies, and your non-Spying units in hand and deck by 1."
With it in place, the 'in hand and deck' phrase will only refer to the 'non-Spying units', and not the 'all other allies'. Thus, clearing the confusion.

Right. Even so though, allies is a glossary term :p so there is no confusion, as it means every unit on your side of the board.

Still, thanks for that. Even if it's wrong, at least it's some grammar knowledge :p

Top Bottom