Kingdom Come: Deliverance

+
Why not? It would be an interesting theme for a quest or two. Back then people very pretty supersitious and often explained things they didn't understand by saying it was sorcery. Imagine if there were a few very strange sightings around the village and a bunch of very suspicious people. At first, even the player might believe it might be magic but as he investigates, he discovers that this so called "necromancer" was actually drugging unsuspecting victims, inducing them in a zombie-like trance. I think it would really fit the game.

Finally, another route they could have taken was to keep the ultra realistic setting but make all the legends and country supersitions real and at the conclusion of the game they give an explanation why they don't exist anymore. For instance, it is said that a deity lives as long as people believe in it. As Christianity was converting more and more people, they stopped believing in the old gods and their manifestations in the world faded over time.

I think these options would be interesting because it would explain magic in a very realistic manner, maybe even moreso than TW series.

Last edited:
If you can't refrain from being an asshole then don't post at all...

I was not talking necessarily about dragons, elves and such rather creatures from folklore, as if they really existed up to a point. Essentially, imagine is something like this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavic_mythology really existed in the real world at some point.

Alternatively, the practice of pre-christian beliefs and rituals survived in the countryside.even after Christianity. Even after that, traces of paganism can be found in many Christian songs, stories and rituals, even if camuflaged, especially in they countryside.

"As various Slavic populations were Christianised between the 7th and 12th centuries, Christianity was introduced as a religion of the elite, flourishing mostly in cities and amongst the nobility. Amongst the rural majority of the medieval Slavic population, old myths remained strong. Christian priests and monks in Slavic countries, particularly in Russia, for centuries fought against the phenomenon called dvoeverie (double faith)" (taken from Wikipedia)

So even if these legendary creatures and deities never existed they still played an important role in the lives of people. So if a murder happens in strange circumstances they could either blame it on some evil creature of the forest and appease it with some kind of sacrifice or they could blame it on the village witch, before trying to find a rational explanation.

Last edited:
I see this is getting a bit heated. Try to contain any further remarks that might be breaking forum rules, please.

New video update. Seems he met some of the CDPR team at this one Polish event.

[video=youtube;LfklQR-36-8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfklQR-36-8&[/video]

This game reminds me a lot of Star Citizen set in the medieval era. The developers promise the world and invoke high profile games as sources of inspiration, but we've yet to see them show off anything they've promised. I hope at the end of the day it doesn't turn out to be a medieval walking-simulator.

@CormacolindorBohemia became a Christian country about 600 years before Kingdom Come: Deliverance takes place. It was also part of the Holy Roman Empire (medieval Christianity proper), so I doubt traces of paganism were common in the country at this point. Considering the setting of the game is a war between Christian sects it seems likely that any peasants caught participating in pagan practice probably would've been forced to convert by their lords.

Last edited:
Not a bad little quest. I could see at least 3 different outcomes there depending on who you side with. I like that they've adopted a more modern style of dialog. The only thing that still bugs me is the camera height. It appears your character is only 4 feet tall and he's scurrying about like a midget. That's how I seem to read it.

the eye is positioned where the eye would be on the head, otherwise the full body awareness wouldn't work. the issue is on your end/your perception problem.

This looks really good, love how they recognize and improve upon the stiffness and overall lack of quality in Skyrim's FPP combat. Only a few things I'm not totally sold on. For one, I really can't figure out how splitting the game into Acts to be sold separately helps in any way. Sure, the maps are big and all, but... have they stated what the exact reason(s) is? Feels real odd to me.

Something else is that they stated on Kickstarter that the "main story will always wait for you". In my humble opinion that's one of the fundamental problems with open world stories. Breaks narrative flow, immersion, and all that since a real world moves at its own pace and doesn't revolve around you.

But really, the above don't bother me too much. In the grand scheme of things they really are quite trivial I suppose. So that brings me to my final problem, and that is the... uh, graphics. Yes, the game is incredibly good-looking beyond a shadow of a doubt. I just personally don't like the art style. Or rather the lack of one, since they're going for realism (correct me if I'm wrong). It reminds me too much of Crysis 3 (admittedly for obvious reasons), a game I never deemed beautiful or breath-taking - just technically impressive.

Anyways that graphics niggle is purely personal preference. Everything else looks absolutely brilliant, and I can't wait for the game to hit the Steam store.

Some new screenshots:

Top Bottom