Kingdom Come: Deliverance

+
Looks like Mount n Blade meets Oblivion with supreme graphics. At least on the enviroments. Character models are poor, and they have not showcased any dynamic weather or special effects yet.

Looks promising, but this doesn't sound very good:

We get many questions about DRM and whether our game is going to be DRM free. Frankly, we have to admit we are not sure at this moment. We are planning to use Steam on open platforms, so the game will be using Steam default copy protection mechanics. Other options including GOG.com are being considered but can't be confirmed as of yet.

Another Steam only release? No, thanks. But if they'll release it on GOG - I'd surely buy it.

Last edited:
Are there any other games like this, with Witcher3 stereotype in mind. It's even more ambitious than Witcher 3 in some areas imo.

I've had the alpha for this game for at least six months (was a backer a while back), seems the development is slow going...

What they have is pretty good, but I hope they are able to deliver what is promised.

Looks like Mount n Blade meets Oblivion with supreme graphics. At least on the enviroments. Character models are poor, and they have not showcased any dynamic weather or special effects yet.

the character models are brilliant. just because all modern culture shows are these garish trinket armors doesn't mean medieval soldiers really dressed that way.

that is the best plate armor ever made for a videogame.

Watching that trailer just reinvigorated my excitement for the game! Now comes the waiting...

I've played the recent alpha and I like what I see. Plenty of polish ahead, another delay sounds reasonable. Although the alpha understandably keeps crashing on me, after the recent crash, I'm not even able to run it anymore, crashes right out on startup.
I guess that's good for my pc if nothing else, I thought it was about to fry.
The amount of objects in the scene is quite crazy, the LODs and Pop ups too.

the combat is in my mind the best ever attempted, of any melee game, never mind medieval, and certainly more realistic than anything out there. yet it is quite easy to learn after a few rounds with the instructor, and offers a surprising amount of depth and variety. i'm 10+ hours in toying around at the arena and still finding new iterations on the basic techniques. blades clash and careen off plate armor and each other with dynamic physics based feedback and appropriate visuals.

mount and blade is dead to me. i'm probably not going to be able to touch another medieval game for a long time.

Maybe?

But the no-fantasy-no-bullshit, historically accurate setting doesn't allow for anything too fancy and over-the-top story-wise to begin with. And I'm fine with a more grounded, low-key re-telling of some of the actual events that went down in the Bohemia region 1403 AD.

What I hope for is the game to do well enough to maybe convince other devs that there's no need to streamline or dumb down certain gameplay mechanics that allegedly would be too complex or too tedious for the average player. The player should always adjust to the game, not the other way around.

This looks 10x better than TES. I really hope after this comes out CD Projekt RED realizes The Witcher doesn't need to be the biggest RPG out there. And refocuses the series on its roots - the story. Assuming they make more Witcher games, that is.

---------- Updated at 04:07 PM ----------

I hope that game succeeds but like Star Citizen it looks like the SP will be dropping in parts, which I feel is unfortunate.
Do you mean "Single Player"? If so, that a really odd thing to say. Kingdom Come: Deliverance doesn't have a multiplayer component.

Not really anything new, but it's nice to see the game is coming along. Part 1 is coming 2017, IIRC.
Also - Danny O'Dwyer hosts the video, in case anyone cares.
[video=youtube;JqJ-TL_gwGo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqJ-TL_gwGo[/video]

Last edited:
Not really anything new, but it's nice to see the game is coming along. Part 1 is coming 2017, IIRC.
Also - Danny O'Dwyer hosts the video, in case anyone cares.
[video=youtube;JqJ-TL_gwGo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqJ-TL_gwGo[/video]

Last I saw of this game it looked very iffy, poor voice acting, odd looking melee and poor frame rate (Alpha obviously but I need to see it done before I decide to buy). I'd need a third person mod to play it anyway, first person makes me feel ill - Just wish M&B would go to the 1400's, for me that's the best period of the Medieval era.

This game looks incredible, and rather GotY-esque. I've been following it for two (And then some.) years now, and I'm absolutely itching to play it.

That armor system...boy, oh boy.

Top Bottom