Kinley goes to Gamescom

+
Just remembered that I have a question for the RED team that was at gamescom: Do they have a picture with Kinley?!?!?!?!?!

Well, if you really want to see my ugly mug. :p

Here are some pics I took at Gamescom:

BANAN and Lukasz the mustard pants guy in the first pic, Miles in the second. :)

Keep in mind there is a very strong possibility we might get to explore some of Vizima! I cannot imagine them showing us the throne room, teleport us there and then cut-scene, we are gone. I might be wrong and if I am, that is still OK. The map is looking to be one of the more accurately scaled game worlds in recent memory if each area is of similar size 8km x 8km / 8.5 km x 8.5 km. Even if Novigrad + NML = 8.5 km x 8.5 km - Skyrim is 16 sq. miles for reference.

We will also have Kaer morhen (and it's surrounding areas I'll assume) plus we cannot forget about Skellige! That has it's very own map. *Edit* I'm thinking we might be doing some sailing down the Pontar! hey, even if only for a bit I'd be happy :)

@Kinley - Thanks for those Pictures! That Medallion is looking lovely :heart: Hey now! I see no ugly mug, I call false advertisement! You did an admirable job my friend, I greatly appreciate you taking the time to do this for us and I'm glad that you got the experience of a lifetime with the interviews and meeting the Devs.

Last edited:
Well, if you really want to see my ugly mug. :p

Here are some pics I took at Gamescom:

BANAN and Lukasz the mustard pants guy in the first pic, Miles in the second. :)

Wait? You´re not the real bear? Now I´m disapointed.

Just wanted to ask you.
What other games did you like on gamescom also anything to say about MGS5?
Did Geralt got stuck on little things like stones or gooses like in released gameplay?
Were in gameplay visible some aditional particles and effects like trees/clothes moving in the wind or some flying seed(things like that)?
Did you get to see skilltree?

Last but not least it looks like we will get to fast travel to smaller locations like Wyzima/Kaer Morhen and maybe Brokylon/Pontar because there is no way how to reach it by map. Also I noticed that in interview he said something along "at the end of the act you will move to Kaer Morhen with cutscene". So there will be acts like in previous games!

Given their style of story telling and the great focus they put on it I doesn't surprise me that they kept the act structure. It makes sense.

Out of curiosity, what was the thing you enjoyed the most from what you saw in the footage, Kinley? Basically what dropped your jaw the most?

Just wanted to ask you.
What other games did you like on gamescom also anything to say about MGS5?
Did Geralt got stuck on little things like stones or gooses like in released gameplay?
Were in gameplay visible some aditional particles and effects like trees/clothes moving in the wind or some flying seed(things like that)?
Did you get to see skilltree?

Last but not least it looks like we will get to fast travel to smaller locations like Wyzima/Kaer Morhen and maybe Brokylon/Pontar because there is no way how to reach it by map. Also I noticed that in interview he said something along "at the end of the act you will move to Kaer Morhen with cutscene". So there will be acts like in previous games!

Hey! At least I'm bear sized.

I didn't get to check out too much stuff at Gamescom since The Witcher stuff took up most of my time. :p Went around the Blizzard booth and watched some Stephano vs White-Ra SC2 matches. Went to see what all the big fuss was about the LoL section, to my amazement it occupied almost an entire hall and the place was flooded with people, so that was a thing apparently. Didn't get to see MGS5 since I'm not really interested in those games.

Aside from small issues that you see in every other game, Geralt did not get stuck in anything. Both of the live presentations that I saw went very smoothly. :p

The bees "effects" looked pretty kickass and overall the sound design for them was really nice.

I did not get to see anything related to skill trees.

And yes, smaller locations are planned and I can't wait to see if we'll get more than just Kaer Morhen/Vizima. :)

Out of curiosity, what was the thing you enjoyed the most from what you saw in the footage, Kinley? Basically what dropped your jaw the most?

The fiend just walking by in the distance at one point and the room trembling with each of it's footsteps was pretty amazing. :)

I did get a fact sheet that I'll try to scan and post soon-ish. Nothing really new aside from one part saying that the game has "deeply integrated 7.1 Audio".

Last edited:

Don't be silly, he's a bear perfectly disguised as a human to get passed security.

The fiend just walking by in the distance at one point and the room trembling with each of it's footsteps was pretty amazing. :)

What fiend is this might I ask? That scene sounds epic, was it part of a scripted quest or something?

@Kinley - How did the diving and swimming look? What little that was shown in the presentation. A small thing yet I cannot wait to explore land and water!

Don't be silly, he's a bear perfectly disguised as a human to get passed security.

What fiend is this might I ask? That scene sounds epic, was it part of a scripted quest or something?
@8:26 latest Gamescom gameplay demo. @vincentdante - Yes, the Ladies of the Wood demo. I have the uncut/uncompressed version, sorry about that.

Last edited:
They mentioned moving to Kaer Morhen at the end of one of the acts or something along those lines. It's in one of the interviews.
Yeah I'd not treat that as "this is what he said, he means exactly that" it could've just been a slip of tongue or just poor choice of words in the instant it occured.

Yeah I'd not treat that as "this is what he said, he means exactly that" it could've just been a slip of tongue or just poor choice of words in the instant it occured.

Yes it could very well be just that. Maybe we don't have a standard act structure this time around and he just meant "act" as in a series of events within the story.

@Kinley - How did the diving and swimming look? What little that was shown in the presentation. A small thing yet I cannot wait to explore water and land!

Diving and swimming looked top notch, something you would expect out of a AAA game. I especially liked how Geralt just seamlessly goes into a diving animation when you want to enter the water, very nice little detail that I admired a lot.

@8:26 latest Gamescom gameplay demo.

Ladies of the wood gameplay demo right? The IGN video just had a cutscene with Johnny at that point but I'll download the version from the video thread and check it out. Thanks.

The map Kinley linked as well. I'm very surprised it covers a small section but it's great they have a real world kind of scale. I'm curious as to NML being in the same region as Novigrad. I always assumed that was Temeria that was going to be NML, I guess Nilfgaard got deeper in than I thought.

Last edited:
Very good questions and finally some true answers, thanks Kinley
And thanks to REDS for trying to make everybody happy with Witcher 3

Top Bottom