Kinley goes to Gamescom

+
I assume you have not any pet in your house, if you have you might to know how stupid the owner feel each time we got stucked by these fourlegged furry balls.....

Way too true. Though Geralt did look to be having more collision than tripping issues. :p

And is there no way to give redpoints/thanks on the mobile site? :(

Haven't had the time to go through all of your posts here yet, as I've more or less just returned to the studio. Just wanted to drop a quick note that it was awesome and a lot of fun meeting some of you guys.

PS: Everyone looks tiny when stood next to a full-grown grizzly. <3

Haven't had the time to go through all of your posts here yet, as I've more or less just returned to the studio. Just wanted to drop a quick note that it was awesome and a lot of fun meeting some of you guys.

Think I saw you on Wednesday (if I am not mistaken) during one of the later presentations, I was the one asking the questions about the alchemy system, unfortunately I didn't get to talk to you. A real shame :)

I bet you guys are glad to be back, Gamescom is a lot of stress for a dev team. :)

Guest 3729601

Please CDPR guys, please create a Linux/Mac version for TW3... I don't care if the Linux release is 6 months or 1 years after the Windows release... And you'll have my fucking money...

Please CDPR guys, please create a Linux/Mac version for TW3... I don't care if the Linux release is 6 months or 1 years after the Windows release... And you'll have my fucking money...

To be perfectly honest, i'm not sure how much sales CDPR would gained on Linux/Mac. CDPR means business. Not a charity. I think they make more money on consoles than Linux/Mac even as much as minority wanted so much on it.

Fantastic job Kinley, I'm glad one of my questions were asked and a detailed response was given. Many thanks to the Devs as well, for taking their time to answer all of these questions. :)

Thank you Bearo!

Here is your reward:

Didn't show off his face, no red piont. :p

JUST KIDDING, great stuff man, loads of good questions - red piont as well as ty given.

Oh, you have a Hungarian last name?
Yes, I'm half Hungarian. :)

Question: did you ask questions that didn't get in the interviews, or do you have additional goodies and morsels of info not posted here that I might have missed?
I pretty much posted everything I saw/heard. :)

Oh! @GingerEffect has an amazing beard!

It sure was awesome! And I have to say you give the best presentations. :)

@Kinley, was great to meet you. You're a very humble and intelligent person and if every forum user is like you, I'm really glad to be a part of it :)
Thank you so much for the kind words! It really means a lot. And indeed, all of the diehard forum members around here are amazing people, so you should be proud. ;)

I really tried to get Peter for the interview, I really did! :sad:
It's alright, your booth was so busy I'm surprised the devs were still standing.

Oh btw, @MilezZ can you feel your legs yet? :p

Rafał delivered me a letter from Kinley he recived during Gamescon. At first I wanted to send a private message with many thanks, but I thought, that everyone should know how super nice and caring person Kinley is.

So - many thanks, Kinley. Now I have to work even harder to not to disapoint You with The Witcher 3. :)

Last edited:
Rafał delivered me a letter from Kinley he recived during Gamescon. At first I wanted to send a private message with many thanks, but I thought, that everyone should know how super nice and caring person Kinley is.

So - many thanks, Kinley. Now I have to work even harder to not to disapoint You with The Witcher 3. :)

I am not worthy!

Excited, humbled and generally glad that you liked the letter, and for the kind words at the same time. You are an inspiration Master Blacha. :)

And there's not doubt in my mind that you'll deliver the best with Witcher 3.

I am not worthy!

Excited, humbled and generally glad that you liked the letter, and for the kind words at the same time. You are an inspiration Master Blacha. :)

And there's not doubt in my mind that you'll deliver the best with Witcher 3.

As as result of this holy light blessing you, child, I - Sagitarii, a humble servant - hereby nominate you, by the law of consensus ordinum - a Lord Custodian of Holy Brotherhood of Blacha.

May your faith never fall.

Thanks for your work, Kinley! :)

Sadly, the answers to the questions I care about most are disappointing to downright terrible:

Will there be quests where we don’t have to kill a monster. Like the Graveir quest in Witcher 1 for example.
It was similar with the troll quests in Witcher 2, you could become a troll friend. There are quests like this, you don’t have to choose the violent way. There are some monsters that are aggressive by nature and you will have to fight them. But no, you don’t have to fight everything, it is up to you.
I admit that the question was misleading or at least no asked in the way I meant it. But the answer is really disappointing since it kind of shows me that Witcher 3 will really be a combat game first and not an RPG. Or more precise: it will be less like the books and more like your usual video game. Sure, you CAN avoid fighting in some quests but it seems like quests are almost entirely about "conflict" in some sort. My question was not whether you can solve quest peacefully but if there are any quests which doesn't involve any violence at all (not even as an option or only as a very "bad" option). The answer indicates that quests can usually be solved violently or by killing some sorts of enemies as the "usual outcome" that can be avoided from time to time but not that some/most quests are just "about life"...

Will the corpses of your enemies remain visible on the ground for longer periods of time if your hardware allows it?
The corpses will stay on the ground, they will disappear after some time, and they have to because of the hardware requirement. But in general the really cool thing about it is dismemberment if you perform cool attacks you can cut someone’s hand, head or leg off. So that’s really cool, you’ll see that flying away and lay on the ground.
That sounds like a very evasive answer given the fact that Kinley especially added "if your hardware allows it". I doubt that there is any hardware limitation that naturally causes corpses to disappear if I have a supercomputer at home. What I (we?) wanted to know was if corpses could stay visible in a certain area until we leave it IF WE OWN THE HARDWARE. Thanks for not answering or explaining anything here, CDPR...

There were early interviews where they talked about a PC centric UI. Is that still planned?
I wouldn’t say so, now we’re doing the game for all platforms, so PC, PS4 and Xbox One, and we needed to adjust it accordingly so you can play it equally well on the pad and on the keyboard as well.
I probobly don't even have to say how insanely disappointing this answer is. THIS IS TERRIBLE, CDPR. You sacrificied PC for consoles and I downright hate you for doing so. Sorry, but that's how I feel. I'm not a CDPR fan/supporter anymore. May some console folks fill that empty space now...

Top Bottom