Kinley's Post-Gamescom Giveaway

CONTEST ENDED
Winners:
Lyfia
eskimoe
vincentdante

(by @Sagitarii)

Hello everyone!

I'm finally back from my holiday and my bags are filled with stroopwafels and Witcher goodies. So I decided to do a small giveaway (and no, you're not getting any of my stroopwafels).

How exactly can you get your hands on these goodies? It's simple, just share the love.

In order to win, you must write something nice for the CDPR team. Express your love for them and what they do, wish them luck with the development of Witcher 3 or anything along those lines.
Everything goes, from one sentence to full blown letters, images, songs or videos. Get creative!

The 3 posts that I like the most will be rewarded with awesome Witcher stuff.

What exactly can you win? Glad you asked! Take a look:

1st Place

-2 x The Witcher Adventure Game beta keys;
-5 x The Witcher Battle Arena Stickers;
-1 x Sticker Button Pack (Geralt Head, Wolf Medallion, Witcher Logo, CDPR Logo);
-4 x Awesome Pins (1 x Wolf Medallion Pin; 2 x CDPR Logo Pins; 1 x Exclusive Kinley Pin);
-1 x Limited Edition Witcher Gamescom Postcard (only 200 of these were ever printed!);
-1 x Witcher 3 T-Shirt (European Size: L)

Photo:

2nd Place

-1 x Sticker Button Pack (Geralt Head, Wolf Medallion, Witcher Logo, CDPR Logo);
-3 x Awesome Pins (1 x Wolf Medallion Pin; 2 x CDPR Logo Pins);
-1 x Limited Edition Witcher Gamescom Postcard (only 200 of these were ever printed!);
-1 x The Witcher Battle Arena T-Shirt (European Size: XL)

Photo:

3rd Place

-3 x Awesome Pins (1 x Wolf Medallion Pin; 2 x CDPR Logo Pins);
-1 x The Witcher Battle Arena T-Shirt (European Size: XL)

Photo:

You have until next Friday, 5th of September, 21:00 CEST to write your post. Contest is worldwide.

Show your love and good luck! :)

Your friendly community bear,
Kinley​

Last edited:
Welcome back from your vacation! We've missed you around here. And a Kinley pin?!?! Whaaaaaat~

Alright, let's get the first draft in....

Ah, The Witcher. My love affair of over 7 years now. I'll admit, I didn't know about the series until the first game was announced, but ever since the original cinematic with the striga was released, I was hooked. I followed the production of the game ever since, amazed by things as small as 'look at our awesome water in our modified Aurora engine is' and loved every minute of it. It's funny how dated it looks now and even more incredible just how far the series has come since.

Dark fantasy has always had a great appeal to me, but the Witcher franchise took that to the next step. Geralt is a fascinating character, and it's easy why CDPR fell in love with him and took the gamble on creating the first game. While Geralt isn't human per se anymore, his character is more deeply human than many other characters in literature, let alone in a video game. His world is not black and white by any means, it is filled with greys and it gives the setting and people such depth.

Thank you CDPR. Thank you so much for bring Geralt's world to life. Thank you for doing so much to remain faithful to the source and to make a game that is fun and engaging to gamers. It's a delicate balance and I think you guys have done an outstanding job while doing your best to listen to the fans. You guys have inspired me to no end and the fan art I do is a privilege to share back with you guys to show my love and appreciation for the work you do. I've been there through the books and through multiple playthroughs of each game and I can't wait for a few more with The Witcher 3 and whatever, if anything, lies beyond Geralt's journey.

To this day I still use my now very worn leather Witcher 1 mousepad back from an E3 long ago. I shall be using it along with wearing my Witcher 2 shirt and going through many sleepless nights (and haggard days at work) once TW3 is released.

To be continued/edited/added....

Last edited:
CDPR Team Devs... Hands Down, You are the Best RPG Video Game Makers... in the world.
We love your games, your style and swag!!! @Kinley My girlfriend really wants that T-Shirt Size L
I'll just have to post her pic, all witcherd up before the 5th to claim her prize. ;)

Good idea Kinleybear.

I'd like to take my turn and thank CDPR for everything that they have done, and everything that they do. They are indeed unique.

Know that you have our full support on whatever you do, even if we forget it sometimes. You should not forget that.

Anyway.

By the way, Kinley I don't want to enter the contest. In case you liked that comment I mean. Otherwise it does not matter at all. However, the Kinley badge is definitely intriguing.

That Kinley badge tho.

I'll come with something after work.

Alright here goes nothing. Spoiler for longevity.

Alright so this has been said before but again I will. I liked how VincentDante did his.

Back in January/February of 2008, I wasn't playing many if any video games. An idiot friend I hung out with a lot had buyer's remorse after the winter sale. He knew when I did play games my favourites were strategy and rpgs. So I boot it up on his shitty laptop. I was taken away pretty much by the end of the prologue. That laptop couldn't take much though. I invited the harsh winter in to cool that motherfucker down, cold as it was I could play. I did that in hour spurts for a couple weeks until I could bear no more. And a few weeks later I was playing it properly.

The game even with rough edges was just so beautiful. Sod it if some character models were overused, this was and still is the most intriguing game I've played to date. It still holds up to this day in my current playthrough and feels like one of the last solid pure pc games.

After a couple playthroughs I put the game down for a bit. But it was the game that got me back into gaming. I eagerly awaited the next installment of the game, just could not wait. The Witcher2 arrived and I was in love again. So much so that I even bought the 360 version. Besides strategy games there are few I games I replay to this extant.

Somewhere in the middle of getting back into the gaming world I really started paying attention to devs and publishers. From everything I read or saw these guys were bar none. Admittedly there's been a once, maybe twice I have questioned them, but how many times do other developers get questioned?

Then about a year and some change I finally decided to join this community. I had only joined one other game forum which I quite. The team/community manager rarely answered anything and to be frank the community itself was shit.

This community though, is like a second home. Marcin and many team members answer questions and the people here are some of the most hilarious, informative, friendly and just good all around guys/gals who put up with my shit.

I may hate the world, but I love you community people(minus Blothulfur) and CDprojekt Red.

Last edited:
It's so good to see that there are people like Kinley - not focused only at earning orens and happy to share with presents he was given.
As far as CDPR is concerned, well, when The Witcher came out, I went to IT school to be able to join this team one day. My dream didn't come true so far, but still, I'm hoping that someday, the crew will contact me and say those magic words. I'd like to say in the future just like John Mamais said at E3: "thanks for zajebisty team in Warsaw, you're the best!"

Great :D
I'm not participating (already got that Witcher 3 T-Shirt from Gamescom ;) ), I'll just skip in and say I absolutely love what you are doing for the whole community Kinley, that is simply amazing. I'm proud to be a part of this community - even if I am not that active sometimes. Keep up the amazing spirit and atmosphere guys.

As for CDPR, just for the sake of saying something (again I do NOT want to participate).

Dear REDs,
Within the last years, there were good games and bad games, nice developers and ignorant developers, the industry grew and still grows and more and more stars are rising. But among all those developers there is not one - not one single developer - that has been as honest, as loyal to the fan-base, as down-right fair, understanding and amazing as you are. Keep up what you're doing and don't forget where you came from. As long as CDPR keeps it's identity, I have hope for the gaming industry. There are great things ahead, don't ever dare to doubt that guys.

My entry, a short story about me simply playing the games. No drafts just unabridged jibberish on some of my favorite moments with thanks to CDPR for all the fun times.

The Year was 2009. I had just built my first gaming rig and exploring the world of PC gaming. I built it to play F.E.A.R.2 at the time and it was alright. Then I played Dragon Age: Origins It was a wonderful game and I became a fan immediately having had many playthroughs. I bring that up because it was my entry into PC RPG's. Then only a few years later it all went downhill, Dragon Age 2, F.E.A.R.3 it was all becoming bad. My new found interest in PC gaming seemed to be short lived.

Then I saw it. The Witcher Enhanced Edition on the shelves in my local store. On a whim I decided to buy it. The game seemed dated to put it mildly but something clicked right away. I played on and knew from the very beginning I had stumbled onto something special. When it started raining and the townsfolk ran to cover, The children playing in the streets and feel of Vizima being alive. I grew to really start caring for the people I met as well. With Zoltan, Dandelion, Shani and Triss there was never a dull moment. It got to the point where my biggest heart break was through a decision near the end. I chose to fight against the scoiatel which had nasty consequences. My good pal Zoltan, calling me a bastard for making his life hard was gut wrenching.

As soon as the EE for TW2 was released I jumped on board the next game. It was very different. The shock of Foltest dying and being helped by Roche was a great start, the introduction to Iorveth and the wonderful atmosphere. It soon became clear the magic was still there. By time the famous decision regarding who to side with came about it was an easy call for me. Roche was there for me right from the start, I had a drink with his men and got to know them all. I was happy to follow these people for a lot longer. If anything had improved after the first game for me it was the characters and the dialogue exceeding all expectations.

When I finished the game I joined up here and started following the franchise much closer, I started reading the books and with help from the community I am now reading the tower of swallows while the book itself doesn't exist in English. To bring together this community is a testament to how great the games are.

So I won't have to wish you luck CDPR, because you never needed it. Instead I say thank you for your hard work, dedication and devotion to us unruly lot.

Last edited:
That's some amazing Witcher swag there Kinley. I mean daaayyymm!

Well might as well try to contribute something coherent.
No chance. Incoherent mess incoming!

*clears throat*

"CDPR, you're so fine, you're so fine, you blow my mind. CDPR!."

And how I feel about The Witcher 3 at the moment:

But in all seriousness, The Witcher 1 back in fall 2007 was the one game that got me back to PC gaming and gaming in general. And actually was the game that made me enthusiastic about gaming. I did like to play games back then (I mean who doesn't) but didn't really go to forums or follow any particular developers. Wasn't enthusiastic or passionate about it. Did follow some gaming sites that reported what was going on in the industry though.

The change came back in late 2006/early 2007 when I read an article about a small Polish developer called CD Projekt Red making a dark fantasy RPG called The Witcher. The concept of the game was intriguing and in the article there were few screenshots and among those screens, this made a monumental impression on me:

An absolutely breathtaking scene. Beautiful and ominous at the same time, just oozing atmosphere. It was like from an oil painting or something.

So. I immediately started searching for anything related to the game. Watched some dev diaries and early gameplay footage, read articles and all sorts of previews regarding the game. Hearing CDPR's enthusiasm and passion about their game made me ever more enthusiastic and passionate about The Witcher as well.

So the launch day approached and I upgraded my PC with a beastly 8800GTS 640mb ;), preordered the game (my first game preorder ever btw.) and just enjoyed the whole pre-launch hype palooza until the launch day came..

BOOM!

Best game evar. Knew it around the end of Chapter 1. Even with all the bugs and painful loading times. Pure magic. Totally rocked my world. The story and characters and the lore and the music and the graphics and the art. Everything just clicked perfectly for me. Like the game was made especially for me. To date I've played it more times that I can remember and nothing yet has come close to it. Not even The Witcher 2. (which was still my GOTY and the best RPG I've played since The Witcher 1)

So yeah. The Witcher 3 can't come soon enough, and it's nice to see that CDPR is rapidly becoming one of the big heavyweights of the gaming industry, especially after all the struggles they've been through. And still being passionate and enthusiastic and holding on to the same principals they had back in the day. And The Witcher 3 looks absolutely phenomenal.

So in short. Thank you CD Projekt Red. You've definitely made an impact on my life and hopefully you'll continue to do so and produce amazing games like The Witcher series in the future as well. Much love and the best of luck to you in your endeavours.

Sincerely,

Your biggest fan.

Last edited:
Top Bottom