Kinley's Post-Gamescom Giveaway

+
For me, this is a long story. It has started in 2007's autumn if I recall correctly. I wasn't gamer at the time - actually I was before, but I changed more often, you know what I mean, when you are under of age 20, so I searched my path, I was a reader kind in primary school as well, but that was stopped for a few years, but when i meat the TW1 I was that state that I searched for a good fantasy storie - you can call it random, or destiny, it dosen't matter. I allways hated to go "big shopping" with my parents, but then, I went and I found a game, which has a wolf headed medallion on it's cover. I allways liked the wolves, so I took a clooser look, and I saw that is not only the text translated, but the voice acting as well, not to mention that Geralt has the same size of hair as me. So, when I arrived home I searched for it on Youtube, and I fell in love. Few week later I bought it, even if I knew that my PC won't be able to handle it. So I played on my father's laptop and this game is changed my life, literally. When I first unboxed the game and saw that the game's manual contains a little bit from the original stories, I knew that I will read it eventually. Well, I had to wait 2 months before the TW2 is released. Since then the first 4 books are translated, 2 short story collection and 2 novel. Hopefully the 5th coming in this year.
So, this game is have a big impact in my life, it is showed me a path, which I following since then. And yet no game nor book, did not the same. And I speaking about the Witcher's world as whole even, if the biggest and the first was the first game.
Speaking about the third game, I am expecting as big inpact az the first one had, as far as I can see, they improved everything what I don't like in the second game.
I would like to wish a good luck to the CDPR not just for the third Witcher game, but afterwards as well, and please, PLEASE just make us a Lovecraft game ;).

Thank you @Kinley :)

Cheers Kinley for all the time and effort you put in for this little community - feels as if we should be sending you something, not the other way around ;) Though I am curious - how'd you get stroopwafels (and know the word!) in Cologne, which is in Germany? Have they been stealing our secret recipes again?

As for CD Projekt RED - I'd write something about how fantastic they are for getting into games out of passion in Poland, or how brilliant I thought the first two Witcher games were for so clearly being made out of a passion for creating games rather than yet another 'interactive entertainment product' which seems to becoming the industry AAA standard, or how CDPR and GOG stick to an ideal of trying to give the best and fairest treatment to gamers they can rather than just maximising income.
But I think the biggest compliment I can pay them is to admire them for sticking with all of the crazies on the forums (including myself, of course ;) that sometimes just can't be thankful for a moment and instead decide to complain about the 43rd Igni particle towards the top left of the screen at 8:49 definitely looks non-canon. I'm pretty sure I'd just stop reading the forums after a while but time after time (that SoD trailer was brilliant) they've shown that they probably read the forums more than anyone. So thanks to all of CD Projekt RED for the games, hope the best is still to come ;)

Cheers Kinley for all the time and effort you put in for this little community - feels as if we should be sending you something, not the other way around ;)
Well you guys are worth it! And I honestly wouldn't know what to do with all this stuff, keeping it all to myself just doesn't sit well with me.

Though I am curious - how'd you get stroopwafels (and know the word!) in Cologne, which is in Germany? Have they been stealing our secret recipes again?
Actually I was on vacation in The Netherlands, I only spent about a day in Cologne when I attended Gamescom. :)

Well you guys are worth it! And I honestly wouldn't know what to do with all this stuff, keeping it all to myself just doesn't sit well with me.
Well, that's a statement ;)
Dropping by to tell you that (and i think i'm free to speak for many of us, users of this forum) that we really appreciate what you're doing for the whole community. It's really cool man.
BTW - wish you all luck in getting the stuff.
PS. Those pins! Hope to get them in the future Witcher shop!
View attachment 5718

Attachments

• jTKFFfd.png
    jTKFFfd.png
    8.7 KB · Views: 38
Yeah, that's the idea. Not comfortable with public displays of affection? :lol:

Heehee! Actually, I enjoyed reading through these posts. If I do decide to enter, I believe I'd rather post it here. I'm not really sure what I had in mind when I asked that..? I'm going to go ahead and blame sleep deprivation. There's no telling at this point what I thought I was scheming.

:wat:

Anyway, thanks Kinley! :)

Well, the Witcher series has kept me captivated since the beginning. I haven't actually been around since the beginning, I only played through the Witcher 1 the first time in January of this year... But it didn't take long for me to get hooked! After that I played the second, and upon realizing that the games are based off of Sapkowski's work, I began reading. I can't wait until the rest of the books come out in my native tongue, at which point I intend to buy the rest for my collection. And there's comics to look into, as well! I love the fact that the Witcher world is so large and diverse in this way. And a very large part of that is thanks to you, CDPR.

As much as I love the books thus far, and Sapkowski has so much of my respect, I don't see the Witcher world being the same without you guys and what you've done. I might not even have found this world to explore if it weren't for all of you and all your hard work!! Not only have you provided amazing games to add to the experience of the Witcher world, you've brought people from around this globe to share in how it all started, where it's all going, and, perhaps more importantly, to share in this community together something we all love and enjoy. You bring people from different walks of life and different areas of the Earth together in friendship! Who could ask for more?

Today I've learned that these forums have made it to their 10th birthday! It doesn't surprise me at all that people are still so active, friendly, and still having so much fun here!

So thank you CDPR. All of you. I will continue to play through the first two games, and participate in these forums, awaiting anxiously for my next fix with the upcoming installment of the Withcer world. Cheers!

Oh, and here you go!!

View attachment 5752

Attachments

• CDPRLOVEheart.jpg
    CDPRLOVEheart.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Hi CDPR, although I am only one fan amongst millions, I have been inspired by your passion for creating a phenomenal game experience and unwavering loyalty to your fans, therefore I have strived to share it with others.

I still remember the announcement of The Witcher 2 debut trailer 4 years ago, and I searched frantically around my local game stores for a copy of the original game. They were all SOLD OUT, except for one store that was quite far from my home. However, I was willing to make the trip as I was incredibly impressed by the fantasy setting and the character of Geralt of Rivia. I was not disappointed. My experiences in the cursed Outskirts of Vizima, the corruption of the city's Trade Quarters, the misery of the Swamps, the ruins of Old Vizima and the final showdown with the Grand Master had only left me eager and excited to continue Geralt's adventure in The Witcher 2. I was amazed by Geralt's encounters in the sequel; he had to deal with conniving monarchs, fight a dragon, and dabble in Game of Thrones-eque politics! Did I mention fighting a dragon? After finishing The Witcher 2, I spent the past several months reading the English and fan translations of the Witcher saga.

I regard the Witcher series at the top of my favourite games list, and have made efforts to share it with my friends and colleagues! I have gifted them copies of the games and books, and even gave one as a holiday present to my boss! (she quite enjoyed it!) I feel that the Witcher saga is an experience that all gamers and fantasy enthusiasts should enjoy (like Mario, Zelda, Lord of the Rings, or Game of Thrones), and I wish you all the very best with The Witcher 3's development, I look forward to its release next year and to spending countless hours being immersed in the conclusion to Geralt's epic journey.

Last edited:
Well, The Witcher is my favourite series what so ever. First I played first game of witcher and since that moment I read all the books, played the second one and now I'm waiting for collectors edition I've ordered.
I also started with historical fencing, partly thanks to the witcher and for three year I'm doing it I met so many wonderful people!
The Witcher takes a big place in my heart and I can't imagine my life without it and that's all because of CDPR and their games and books from mr Sapkowski! Thank you guys, you are really awesome and I can't wait for your new game!!!

This image I draw couple years ago :D :

Attachments

• P1030666.jpg
    P1030666.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 41
I hate these kind of fluffy, "Write in X words or less" competition bullshit, but let's be honest, I'm Australian & I don't like to beat around the bush - I want me a fucking T-Shirt.

I remember finding The Witcher 2 by chance when I read on some Tech website about how amazing the Graphics were & I just had to try it. Little did I know I'd fall in love with the entire Series, books and all.
CDPR have made a few mistakes, and they'll probably make a few more, but ultimately they provide some of the most incredible stories we've seen in Games and bring to life an incredible Universe and had provided me with Hundred's and Hundred's of hours of insane entertainment, and for that they are amazing, and even without Dice Poker and less potion crafting, I'm sure The Witcher 3 will provide even more hundred's of hours. I love 'em, and may the company never lose sight of where they came from and stay independent and passionate.

And of course cheers Kinley!

Thanks for 10 Years of great work! Imagine Bob Dylans Melody for "forever young" for the next Part, although I have to admit it sounds a bit bumpy…

May your sourcecode bless you always
May your scripts all come true
May you always do for gamers
And let gamers do for you
May you build a programm to the stars
And then remove every bug
May you stay forever on
Forever on, forever on
May you stay forever on.

May you charakters be righteous
May they grow up to be true
May we always know the truth
And see the lights surrounding you
May your games be courageous
Programmed upright and strong
May you stay forever on
Forever on, forever on
May you stay forever on.

May your hands always be busy
May your feet always be swift
May you have a strong foundation
When the winds of changes shift
May your hearts always be joyful
And may your games always be played
May you stay forever on
Forever on, forever on
May you stay forever on.!

Well, sadly the deadline has been reached. I'll carefully read the thread and hopefully will be able to announce the winners by the end of the weekend. :)

Top Bottom