Kinslayer's armour and swords!

+
Kinslayer's armour and swords!

Hi there,

I won't be posting any art here (well, not yet). I'm absolutely crazy about the Kinslayer's armour, and decided (me being a fanatic leather, and metal artist) to actually make it! I'm a blacksmith and have done this for several years. With the help of other blacksmiths here I'm going to reproduce the swords (The Weeper and the Mourner!), and the full Kinslayer's armour (boots pants everyting!)

Now, my only problem is: My pc is to slow and to old to run the game fluently and with the highest graphics possible. I came across a few pictures on google of the kinslayer's outfit and swords, but they were not the one i had hoped for. So, i'm asking you guys for a favour, i need a few screenshots in the highest possible quality of the kinslayers outfit. Mainly how the back, the scabbards, the pants and the gloves look like. It would be so nice to have these pictures, and it will also benefit you! Because, in maybe a few weeks (if i have a lot of spare time, which i usually have) you'll get to see the kinslayer's outfit in full glory.

What really would be awesome is iff somone could extract the models from the game or something. I know im asking for a lot, but im eager to get me hands working on this thing. And maybe somone would like it that much, that i'll make more to put up for sale.

So, I really hope somone would help me in this, thanks alot! :)

Holy shit dude, that's the coolest thing ever. I'll see what I can do, but chances are someone will get something up before me. Either way, good luck and I hope to see these real life pictures soon!

Pikvogel said:
And maybe somone would like it that much, that i'll make more to put up for sale.
Um, I think CDPR owns the rights to that design. Making it just for yourself is fine, but I'd check with them before you tried selling it to anyone else.

Pikvogel said:
Hi there,

I won't be posting any art here (well, not yet). I'm absolutely crazy about the Kinslayer's armour, and decided (me being a fanatic leather, and metal artist) to actually make it! I'm a blacksmith and have done this for several years. With the help of other blacksmiths here I'm going to reproduce the swords (The Weeper and the Mourner!), and the full Kinslayer's armour (boots pants everyting!)

Now, my only problem is: My pc is to slow and to old to run the game fluently and with the highest graphics possible. I came across a few pictures on google of the kinslayer's outfit and swords, but they were not the one i had hoped for. So, i'm asking you guys for a favour, i need a few screenshots in the highest possible quality of the kinslayers outfit. Mainly how the back, the scabbards, the pants and the gloves look like. It would be so nice to have these pictures, and it will also benefit you! Because, in maybe a few weeks (if i have a lot of spare time, which i usually have) you'll get to see the kinslayer's outfit in full glory.

What really would be awesome is iff somone could extract the models from the game or something. I know im asking for a lot, but im eager to get me hands working on this thing. And maybe somone would like it that much, that i'll make more to put up for sale.

So, I really hope somone would help me in this, thanks alot! :)

I might be interested in buying a sword to hang on my wall :p

Corylea said:
Um, I think CDPR owns the rights to that design. Making it just for yourself is fine, but I'd check with them before you tried selling it to anyone else.

Well i could make a deal with CDPR to make some official props for them ;)

If you wish to do a deal with CDP, you should contact them very soon :)
You can ask to MM360 http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/user/33661-mm360/

About your request here's a link http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Letho

secondchildren said:
If you wish to do a deal with CDP, you should contact them very soon :)
You can ask to MM360 http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/user/33661-mm360/

About your request here's a link http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Letho

I think you misunderstood me, i do not mean the KinGslayer's armour. But the Kinslayers armour. One of the three special dark mode armours. The one geralt wears ;) But thanks for the link to CDP though!

Pikvogel said:
Well i could make a deal with CDPR to make some official props for them ;)
People have been clamoring for Witcher merchandise since the FIRST game came out, more than four years ago now. So SOMEBODY needs to make some -- maybe it'll be you.

Corylea said:
People have been clamoring for Witcher merchandise since the FIRST game came out, more than four years ago now. So SOMEBODY needs to make some -- maybe it'll be you.

Hmm the thing I am making now wouldn't be that much of merchandise. It would be a one of a kind extremely expensive piece. Bet yeah maybe some items in the game would be reproducable, and make those into merchandise. I hope CDPR will take me as their merchandise maker :D

@Pikvogel
Ok sorry. I'm a lil messed up lately it seems.

Here's the actual page (am I right this time?): http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Kinslayer%27s_armor

there is just one screen.

I'm sorry, never played the dark mode, can't do more than this :)

secondchildren said:
I'm sorry, never played the dark mode, can't do more than this :)

No problem, thanks alot anyway. I've seen this picture and some more on google, but they just don't have enough detail. for instance, the back, the gloves, the thousers, and the boots. I'm waiting for a message back from CDPR, see if they can help me out. And some of the guys here wanted to help me.

I do have enough material to start on the project, which i allready have.
Hope you guys like it, and keep following this thread as i will be keeping some sort of diary of the progress :)

I'm in the 3rd act, but just starting. Maybe tomorrow I'll be able to get the set. If I don't post nothing, I'll be posting next week, I won't play at weekend

Olloki said:
I'm in the 3rd act, but just starting. Maybe tomorrow I'll be able to get the set. If I don't post nothing, I'll be posting next week, I won't play at weekend

Thanks alot Olloki!

Pikvogel said:
And look what i've found! An unfinished project, what's now the start of a new project! :D

So, I'm not the only lunatic crafting handmade chainmail. That's a relief.

And you're using rings without rivets, too. I was kinda worried if it's durable enough for actual wearing (or if the weight of the shirt would bend the rings open or it would break open too easily to reenact fights), but since you seem to be a professional, I guess I'm fine.

Aaden said:
So, I'm not the only lunatic crafting handmade chainmail. That's a relief.

And you're using rings without rivets, too. I was kinda worried if it's durable enough for actual wearing (or if the weight of the shirt would bend the rings open or it would break open too easily to reenact fights), but since you seem to be a professional, I guess I'm fine.

It's absolutely durable enough. With rivets it would take ages to make anything. So i don't use them. The weight won't bend the rings open, the weight will be equaly distributed over your body so none of the rings suffers more then the others. Nice to hear i'm not the only one! If you need some tips or something just ask!

Pikvogel said:
It's absolutely durable enough. With rivets it would take ages to make anything. So i don't use them. The weight won't bend the rings open, the weight will be equaly distributed over your body so none of the rings suffers more then the others. Nice to hear i'm not the only one! If you need some tips or something just ask!

Well, certainly one question comes to mind: How do you keep your motivation up?

And just out of interest - it's way too late to switch, anyways - what kind of rings do you use? Spring steel, not stainless, I guess. But what diameter on the inside? How thick is the steel? How much do you pay per 1000 rings?

Top Bottom