Knew they'd nerf.

+
Turn on cheats or play on the easiest difficulty. Problem solved. You want to absolutely crush everything with a totally unbalanced build? There's probably a mod for it even. It's not like the game is forcing you to play on a harder difficulty.

It took you soooo long to get your spec? If you have an entire set dedicated to your build, there's just no way in hell you're not still strong enough to kill basically anything even close your level. Getting a new spec costs 1000 which is almost nothing quite early in the game. The gear-quests takes a few hours at most and it's not even required in the slightest if you already have a freaking set. Runes and shit about as hard as come by as Nekkers.

You're basically asking them not to fix their games because some older players like being OP without cheating.

Turn on cheats or play on the easiest difficulty. Problem solved. You want to absolutely crush everything with a totally unbalanced build? There's probably a mod for it even. It's not like the game is forcing you to play on a harder difficulty.

It took you soooo long to get your spec? If you have an entire set dedicated to your build, there's just no way in hell you're not still strong enough to kill basically anything even close your level. Getting a new spec costs 1000 which is almost nothing quite early in the game. The gear-quests takes a few hours at most and it's not even required in the slightest if you already have a freaking set. Runes and shit about as hard as come by as Nekkers.

You're basically asking them not to fix their games because some older players like being OP without cheating.

Quick question: In the beginning CDPR said that with re-spec you will loose all your "Places of Power" talents. Is that true and if yes do you have to go to each place AGAIN to get the talent points? And if there is no way to get the talent points, isn't it easier having wasted 1 or 2 points if you have all those places of power points anyway?

Potion of clearance refunds ALL your skill points. So dont worry you will not lose any skill point, rest easy and drink up.

Then explain your reasoning rather than citing some silly rule.

It's a goddamned SINGLE PLAYER GAME. There is no reason to BALANCE A SINGLE PLAYER GAME unless it's something horribly broken like a spell that just outright doesn't activate or something. The only reason you would have to nerf or buff an ability like this is in a multiplayer game. I'm sorry that's just the way it is. Igni was freaking fine the way it was. And now, thanks to you "STORY SHOULD TAKE PRECEDENCE OVER GAMEPLAY" morons, I now have a useless goddamn firestream sign. If people want to use a somewhat OP sign, then let them. Why does it bother you so much? It doesn't affect you! If you didn't want to use this OP ability, then you had the option to not use. Now, instead of people who WANTED to use the ability, they can't. Because it's freaking worthless. Thanks bro.

Last edited:
It's a goddamned SINGLE PLAYER GAME. There is no reason to BALANCE A SINGLE PLAYER GAME unless it's something horribly broken like a spell that just outright doesn't activate or something. The only reason you would have to nerf or buff an ability like this is in a multiplayer game. I'm sorry that's just the way it is. Igni was freaking fine the way it was. And now, thanks to you "STORY SHOULD TAKE PRECEDENCE OVER GAMEPLAY" morons, I now have a useless goddamn firestream sign. If people want to use a somewhat OP sign, then let them. Why does it bother you so much? It doesn't affect you! If you didn't want to use this OP ability, then you had the option to not use. Now, instead of people who WANTED to use the ability, they can't. Because it's freaking worthless. Thanks bro.

You can't just say it's a single player game. Perhaps I want to use igni I like the spell effect I like the range, but even with no points put in the fire damage can just destroy bosses in seconds. That's an issue, and saying "don't like it don't use it" has no weight. I can easily say "don't like the new igni don't use it".

Apart from non-sensible builds all skills should have the same relative power, igni and from what I've heard whirl do not. Now firestream got nerfed probably a bit too much, but they may correct that at one point, as they should.

Weak skills should be buffed, and overpowered skills should be nerfed, it's how games should be balanced even in single player.

You're right how you play affects absolutely nobody but yourself, but game balance affectes every player.

Last edited:
Um they needed to. You could spam igni and kill almost everything without moving.

---------- Updated at 12:31 PM ----------

no it wasn't I noticed this right away. With the exception of trolls, elemental and giants you could spam igni and barly get damaged. That means it's an exploit allowing the game not to be played as intended and is a balance issue. It definitely needed this.

---------- Updated at 12:32 PM ----------

They're not thieves either. And... well.
He means igni should not be as effective as a mages fire ability.

Well ive read most of the posts here, and im not afraid to say you guys just dont konw what are we actually talking about, this was not a balance nerf, oh no no, what they did to alternate igni made it absoutely obsolete. I can freely admit that stun lock mechanisms in game are op, just like fire stream was, but thats not becuse of the fire stream itself which was not op. its the burn panic effect what is in fact op. as of now theres propably not a single skill under igni tree worth picking up, so please stop saying that it solved the problem. My idea of reblancing igni to be fair again is to change burn effect to only infict damage, and perhaps instead of melt armor skill we would have increased dmg taken by target or increased crit chance, all of that without panic effect. however again we needigni fire stream to deal more damage to single target than igni does at the moment, also firestream by itself should interrupt target as without it player is too much vulnerable to damage. And i myself would like to see an optional change of the last skill of igni tree which is burn chance. with good intensity it is obsolete, so why not to make this a % chance that the burn would also cause panic effect like 6 to 12% per point invested. all with those a target which is under fire stream should be able to start burning but % chance for panic effect should be calcuted only once per fire stream used. And so here i am for you guys with perfect Imo solve of the situation improoving game balance by making fire stream still a valuable weapon while not beeing able to stun lock unless totally maxed out would come close for the effort of beeing pure sign. Tell me what you think guys :D

Last edited:
You can't just say it's a single player game. Perhaps I want to use igni I like the spell effect I like the range, but even with no points put in the fire damage can just destroy bosses in seconds. That's an issue, and saying "don't like it don't use it" has no weight. I can easily say "don't like the new igni don't use it".

Confirmed for not playing the game. At all. Bosses (especially the later ones) have gimmicks that shield themselves from your signs.

What is the duration for the Igni Firestream now versus before?

I used Firestream quite a bit and I definitely felt it was OP, but I also didn't mind. I haven't tested the game after 1.07 yet, but I hope it's not as bad as it sounds. If it just does less damage now, then I can handle that.

Hopefully they don't nerf Quen next. Quen Active Shield is probably my favorite sign in the game.

Confirmed for not playing the game. At all. Bosses (especially the later ones) have gimmicks that shield themselves from your signs.

Meant contracts and red monsters sorry. I have a sign build with no points in igni and I can roast most any contract monster, it's the DOT that really gets things was able to kill lvl 20 monsters at level 6 or 7 I think as long as the dot applied it just destroys their health.

I know this thread is concerning firestream and not regular igni, but I also gave firestream a go at one point and it needed to be toned down, as does regular igni, I also think it's too easy to get 100% knockdown with aard.

Last edited:
And now, thanks to you "STORY SHOULD TAKE PRECEDENCE OVER GAMEPLAY" morons,

Uh.. Witcher fans don't play the game to use Igni, you realize this? We play for the STORY. Not for gameplay! lol You must be new to the series and I welcome you. Read some books, play the older games, Witcher 1 is amazing fun, and pairs wonderfully with the first book "Last Wish". You will realize, especially from Wticher 2, that Story is more important than gameplay. Sorry you bought this game thinking otherwise its how it is.

Also, said this several times but will say it again, they said they were nerfing Igni first week of release. No one gave much of a crap then and after 4 patches, I was wondering whether or not it was ever going to happen. It happened, it needed to happen and I am sorry you might need to use more strategy now to play the game as intended by the developers because they, like most of us, like to keep the world closer to Andrezj Sapkowski's universe.

This is not Elder Scrolls, its hardly even open world, its just a really big story driven action/adventure game with rpg roots that comes off as something its not. Its more like playing a book than a game, hence why so many of us like the books and the story the game gives. Having a fire mage Geralt makes no damn sense. lol I appreciate that the developers are sticking to their guns on this. Just like they did when they fixed the cow hide exploit in Novigrad. Made some people mad but it simply wasn't the way the game is meant to be played, same goes for this issue here. If your upset, contact Andrezj and tell him to make Geralt a Zerrikanian fire mage and see what happens. Who knows? lol Until then, I think the changes are great and I have no qualm with them doing them as long as they hold true to the universe, which so far they have.

-Zero

hm I noticed, but it kind of suits my game style better since a lot of times it was pissing me off how fast some enemies died with igni. I removed firestream because it was so overpowered maybe i ll give it another shot now. I mostly used igni to set up opponents for strikes so I didnt like it when they were dying fast because of it. I can see why someone with a sign build gets pissed over this though, but for my hybrid style it was a welcomed nerfing

---------- Updated at 10:31 PM ----------

Uh.. Witcher fans don't play the game to use Igni, you realize this? We play for the STORY. Not for gameplay! lol You must be new to the series and I welcome you. Read some books, play the older games, Witcher 1 is amazing fun, and pairs wonderfully with the first book "Last Wish". You will realize, especially from Wticher 2, that Story is more important than gameplay. Sorry you bought this game thinking otherwise its how it is.

Also, said this several times but will say it again, they said they were nerfing Igni first week of release. No one gave much of a crap then and after 4 patches, I was wondering whether or not it was ever going to happen. It happened, it needed to happen and I am sorry you might need to use more strategy now to play the game as intended by the developers because they, like most of us, like to keep the world closer to Andrezj Sapkowski's universe.

This is not Elder Scrolls, its hardly even open world, its just a really big story driven action/adventure game with rpg roots that comes off as something its not. Its more like playing a book than a game, hence why so many of us like the books and the story the game gives. Having a fire mage Geralt makes no damn sense. lol I appreciate that the developers are sticking to their guns on this. Just like they did when they fixed the cow hide exploit in Novigrad. Made some people mad but it simply wasn't the way the game is meant to be played, same goes for this issue here. If your upset, contact Andrezj and tell him to make Geralt a Zerrikanian fire mage and see what happens. Who knows? lol Until then, I think the changes are great and I have no qualm with them doing them as long as they hold true to the universe, which so far they have.

-Zero
what? I consider myself a witcher fan but gameplay was pretty nice and a welcomed improvement in this one. Yes story first but it doesnt hurt to have a good gameplay which imo it did have a good gameplay. The only beef I had with the gameplay is that like witcher 1 and 2 before it is that it becomes too easy after you are halfway through the game. Unlike most games the witcher starts hard and becomes easy. Id like for it to start hard and remain challenging to be honest.

So you're saying igni is useless now? While I cannot verify at the moment (1000 miles away from pc) i find that hard to believe.

---------- Updated at 06:19 PM ----------

What is the duration for the Igni Firestream now versus before?

I used Firestream quite a bit and I definitely felt it was OP, but I also didn't mind. I haven't tested the game after 1.07 yet, but I hope it's not as bad as it sounds. If it just does less damage now, then I can handle that.

Hopefully they don't nerf Quen next. Quen Active Shield is probably my favorite sign in the game.
it doesn't need nerfing tougher enemies blow right through it.

-Zero

The amount of pretentiousness in this post is so off the charts it's hilarious. You want a book? You just want a story? Read a goddamn book. Also, story should never take precedence over gameplay in video games. Ever. I also don't know where you're pulling this nonsense that all Witcher fans play The Witcher games just for the story. That's quite a blanket statement you got there. Also, I am not new to the series. At all. You know something about assumptions? It makes an ass out of u and me. You seem to think that just because Igni actually does damage suddenly makes Geralt this almighty and powerful fire mage when in fact Geralt used Fire stream to great effect in a cutscene in this very game. But as it stands it wouldn't have done jack squat to that boss. Seeing as how Igni is now useless.

Last edited:
I knew it. I HAD a nice build based on fire. Firestream is now basically useless. This was NOT mentioned in the patch notes. Why nerf a single player, non-competitive game? Seriously...you guys are just like all the other game companies now..you mention the "good" in the patch notes, but also hide all the nerfs you put into every patch. Seriously. I should not have to re-spec my guy after a patch. You lost one user today CDPR, and I hope you lose a lot more. Don't become like Blizzard Entertainment, and what they did to Diablo 3 with all it's nerfs..I won't ever buy another Blizzard game, and CDPR will now get a close, hard look and a wait after each release of your subsequent games before I'll buy. I'll wait about a dozen patches to see how badly you nerf your future games into the ground before I decide if it's worth a purchase. Shame on you CDPR..really.

Dude they nurfed the basic because it was too powerful. The Witcher in the lore, and even in the games says that his swords are his main weapons, they are his business! This game is made to reflect the books not some made up lets make a game. The Mage craft was and is and always will be only for the "help out". They (Witchers) aren't sorcerers.

You can still go OP on magic though, even in fire with mutagens of the highest level. Just fill all four spots with Blue, and then fill all 12 spots with blue. And place into all your weapons and armor and stuff buff runes for the magic. A done deal :D

I knew it. I HAD a nice build based on fire. Firestream is now basically useless. This was NOT mentioned in the patch notes. Why nerf a single player, non-competitive game? Seriously...you guys are just like all the other game companies now..you mention the "good" in the patch notes, but also hide all the nerfs you put into every patch. Seriously. I should not have to re-spec my guy after a patch. You lost one user today CDPR, and I hope you lose a lot more. Don't become like Blizzard Entertainment, and what they did to Diablo 3 with all it's nerfs..I won't ever buy another Blizzard game, and CDPR will now get a close, hard look and a wait after each release of your subsequent games before I'll buy. I'll wait about a dozen patches to see how badly you nerf your future games into the ground before I decide if it's worth a purchase. Shame on you CDPR..really.

Don't blame CDPR, blame the constant drone of muppets who demand game companies adjust their games to fit into their specific demands.

Top Bottom