Knew they'd nerf.

+
Seeing as how Igni is now useless.

You need to take a deep breath and chill. Nobody said this will be the final time the devs update/patch Igni and there very well may be another patch that slightly rebuffs Igni Stream in the future. Meantime, it won't kill you to try other builds. Yesh.

I... I really don't mind if we loose player base because of one patch that has nerfed OP something, i mean really, even though this is a single player it is good that we can still get improvements to it once in a while.. But the reason for your quiz, meh!

I'm sure someone will find out a way to backtrack patches, and if you wish no patching then disconnect your console from the world wide web.

The ones that have suggested a nerfing must be the majority, thus you being the minority that didnt want any change to something OP that in a longrun can ruin the experience for the majority.. Right?

Last edited:
Personally i think people who whines having fire stream being nerf needs to adapt but totally agreed that CD Project need to announce that there changing some gameplay mechanics like the lvl requirement of equipment and this ability.

I am quite happy CD Project is improving the game. Seriously Witcher 3 totally favors sign ability other than most ability in the game. Lore wise Witchers are not really quite proficient w/ magic. Yes you have the right to roleplay a Witcher that is proficient in magic but really do you really lack skill using a sword combat in the game?

Seriously there is plenty ways to kill a monster in the game just use your imagination. Like hell the game is to forgiving compared to its previous franchise. Previous franchise you need to do some special quest just to reset your abilities.

I think the best fix with firestream make it as an Aoe attack and also causes DOT w/ 60-75% but have weak damage.

Well, to the author of this great topic: I still use Igni a lot, and it's still useful. Not OP anymore, but still VERY powerful, the only difference is that you have to land a few strikes afterwards. Actually, the whole sign implementation hasn't changed in terms of game style at least for me, if foes surround you you have to choose the perfect distance and angle to use it, if you are against a single enemy - still pretty much OP if you ask me... I can agree that burn effect is WAY too short now, but apart from that it is better than used to be, at least not as boring.

Personally i think people who whines having fire stream being nerf needs to adapt but totally agreed that CD Project need to announce that there changing some gameplay mechanics like the lvl requirement of equipment and this ability.

I am quite happy CD Project is improving the game. Seriously Witcher 3 totally favors sign ability other than most ability in the game. Lore wise Witchers are not really quite proficient w/ magic. Yes you have the right to roleplay a Witcher that is proficient in magic but really do you really lack skill using a sword combat in the game?

Seriously there is plenty ways to kill a monster in the game just use your imagination. Like hell the game is to forgiving compared to its previous franchise. Previous franchise you need to do some special quest just to reset your abilities.

I think the best fix with firestream make it as an Aoe attack and also causes DOT w/ 60-75% but have weak damage.

This is false.

This is a video I made to illustrate how useless firestream became compared to standard igni. If you notice in my build and equipment, I spec'd out for a pure sign build with a strong emphasis on igni. I can use all signs equally broken. I just take issue with how firestream, the alternate mode of igni, is useless compared to the standard use of the sign therefore coming to the conclusion that it'd be a waste of points to invest into firestream.

Also, the hogwash on signs being the only OP thing is just that - hogwash.

Another video of a half assed build I made to show melee is just as broken. I since came up with a better build that utilizes the skill that gives a 50% bonus to mutagens on a pure combat build. So take in mind as you watch me whirltrolling the guards that I can make whirl that much more obscene

My issue is that people like to point out how signs are OP but in the same breath ignore that combat is just as god damn broken. If signs need to adjusted for "balance" than so do combat skills. If one argues that I shouldn't be able to burn guards with ease using igni than I also shouldn't be able to press a button and then hold that same button to stunlock while also breaking a guard's block allowing me to kill them effortlessly. I mean damn, a guard can't even come up behind me while I'm using whirl because whirl will hit the guard trying to sneak up behind me. One word: broken.

But...it's a single player game. Who gives a damn? This isn't the Souls series where I can invade your world and troll you with overpowered builds to halt your progress and steal your crowns.

Last edited:
Also interesting that the devs have only nerfed an ability. They haven't buffed or fixed anything. Fleet Footed still doesn't do what it says it does. Crippling strikes with its 125 damage per sec against 100K enemies is absolutely a waste of a 4th tier ability and 5 points. Aard 4th tier does 200 damage (lol); Yrden 4th tier does 50 damage per sec (lol); Yrden alt does ~200-300 fixed damage (lol); Pyromaniac is useless - just useless; firestream is now useless; etc. I am sure there are more abilities that can be buffed, but I doubt the devs will do that.

I am completely against changing the gameplay balance by modifying abilities AFTER the game has been released. Once the game is out and the players have played with all the abilities, the devs should not be changing it.

Last edited:
Well, to the author of this great topic: I still use Igni a lot, and it's still useful. Not OP anymore, but still VERY powerful, the only difference is that you have to land a few strikes afterwards. Actually, the whole sign implementation hasn't changed in terms of game style at least for me, if foes surround you you have to choose the perfect distance and angle to use it, if you are against a single enemy - still pretty much OP if you ask me... I can agree that burn effect is WAY too short now, but apart from that it is better than used to be, at least not as boring.
I also think it is still very powerful and it works fine for me this way. The poor victims didn't stand a chance when Igni was used against them, and I used it against high level enemies guarding treasures(specially Bilge Hags) and they were no match to me. Now I couldn't do that, I think it was more exciting, fight against a dangerous enemy without dying requires more concentration and to know when to strike. Also, it helped me to rely less on it and combine it with other signs(except for Axii, I still don't use it very much unless I fight against Alghouls).

Given the number of posts I've just had to delete, it would appear that Igni isn't the only thing that needs to be nerfed. Anyone else who rants about other gamers should expect to be banned.

This is false.

This is a video I made to illustrate how useless firestream became compared to standard igni. If you notice in my build and equipment, I spec'd out for a pure sign build with a strong emphasis on igni. I can use all signs equally broken. I just take issue with how firestream, the alternate mode of igni, is useless compared to the standard use of the sign therefore coming to the conclusion that it'd be a waste of points to invest into firestream.

Also, the hogwash on signs being the only OP thing is just that - hogwash.

Another video of a half assed build I made to show melee is just as broken. I since came up with a better build that utilizes the skill that gives a 50% bonus to mutagens on a pure combat build. So take in mind as you watch me whirltrolling the guards that I can make whirl that much more obscene

My issue is that people like to point out how signs are OP but in the same breath ignore that combat is just as god damn broken. If signs need to adjusted for "balance" than so do combat skills. If one argues that I shouldn't be able to burn guards with ease using igni than I also shouldn't be able to press a button and then hold that same button to stunlock while also breaking a guard's block allowing me to kill them effortlessly. I mean damn, a guard can't even come up behind me while I'm using whirl because whirl will hit the guard trying to sneak up behind me. One word: broken.

But...it's a single player game. Who gives a damn? This isn't the Souls series where I can invade your world and troll you with overpowered builds to halt your progress and steal your crowns.

Hm, i've never went full malee combat build, but it would seem that it is kinda op.
Nice video's btw :)

I don't think you guys get it. The witcher in the lore and even in the game has said that his trade is specifically his swords. They are not sorcerers, you should not be able to use spells to win the fight. They should only be able to give you a tactical advantage and or help you a little bit. SO they ALL deserve to be nurfed even further.

I don't think you guys get it. The witcher in the lore and even in the game has said that his trade is specifically his swords. They are not sorcerers, you should not be able to use spells to win the fight. They should only be able to give you a tactical advantage and or help you a little bit. SO they ALL deserve to be nurfed even further.

No, you don't get it. If what you say is true then why even bother with 3 different skill trees. The stated purpose was so that you can try multiple ways to beat the game. Try the alchemy bomb throwing build, the mage build, the sword build, the alchemy/sword hybrid build, etc. The idea is to have replayability through the different build. If you always have to have the sword build and the other are just supplementary. Then every build is going to end up pretty much the same sword build and there is no replayability.

This is an RPG GAME, not a Witcher simulator.

Damn, I was counting on that igni spray to help me get through the tough fights on deathmarch. Shoulda done deathmarch earlier to take advantage. Atleast we who do the deathmarch on 1.07 can say we did it the hard way :)

I really don't get how this thread is still alive. Developers make a game-> developers see something doesn't work as they intended-> so they change/fix it. Maybe their "fault" was not nerfing firestream quicker after release.
It's not the first and it sure won't be the last (single player) game where something gets nerfed and a few people are not happy with it. Statements like "why don't they let me play the way I want" , "they'll now loose player base" , "I'll stop playing the game" just don't make you look good.
Most importantly - pretending firestream was just fine the way it was and you didn't see it coming is ridiculous, especially in a thread named KNEW THEY'D NERF.

I dont mind balancing the game, but fire stream is now broken not balanced, its absolutely obslete especially in compare to normal igni, even on 1v1 thats stupid, fire stream should be better alternative for igni agains single targets, while its just useless. theres no point in investing into igni tree now, as your good to go with just sign intensity and thats what is bad. And btw please stop this mindles talk about 'witcher is swordsman, he cant use signs to win' im fun of witcher franchise i read the all the books twice, and i totally understand that game needs balance. if we have same amount of skill under sword, magic and alchemy, then investing into each should be result in equal power growth. If the game was trully concentrated on swords mostly, there would be at least twice more combat skill skill than others. I dont say bring back firestream stunlcok op mechanism, i say make fire stream usefull now, a good alternative to igni in situations 1v1.

Last edited:
Guys..gals..You all are missing my point and not staying on topic. What I'm trying to say is that I don't think it was right for them to nerf it so hard that it is now useless #1..and #2..That I think we should have BEEN TOLD..Full disclosure of patch notes. Don't just talk about the fixes you made in the game and not talk about the nerfing. When it's a HUGE change like this, and affects a build to the extent it does, people should know about it in advance, not log on, cast their first spell, and crap their pants at the huge change, and then wonder what the hell happened!!

You should be able play as you want....it was possible in the previous games, and as far as im concerned...it still is in Witcher 3.

Top Bottom