KnutCallous card text is ambiguous

+
I found out that the devs changed this to be intended, but it currently doesn't behave as the wording would suggest.
First the current wording:

"Deploy: Damage an allied unit to the right by half its power, then damage an enemy unit by that amount"

Suppose you Knut a shielded unit. ("Shield: Status that blocks the next instance of damage dealt to a unit")

Here's what should be happening according to the text:
* Knut damages the unit according to its current health, say X damage.
* The shield on that unit triggers and blocks X damage.
* Knut has indeed damaged the unit by X (despite the unit receiving 0 damage), so Knut can proceed to deal X damage to an enemy.

So this is quite strong, and the devs changed it so it doesn't work this way. Should the card text then be changed to be less ambiguous? For instance:

"Deploy: Damage an allied unit to the right by half its power, then damage an enemy unit by the amount of strength removed from allied unit"

It's a bit wordier, but leaves no room for interpretation. While this is just a "you learn after making the mistake once" case, it shouldn't come to that. Thoughts?

I found out that the devs changed this to be intended, but it currently doesn't behave as the wording would suggest.
First the current wording:

"Deploy: Damage an allied unit to the right by half its power, then damage an enemy unit by that amount"

Suppose you Knut a shielded unit. ("Shield: Status that blocks the next instance of damage dealt to a unit")

Here's what should be happening according to the text:
* Knut damages the unit according to its current health, say X damage.
* The shield on that unit triggers and blocks X damage.
* Knut has indeed damaged the unit by X (despite the unit receiving 0 damage), so Knut can proceed to deal X damage to an enemy.

So this is quite strong, and the devs changed it so it doesn't work this way. Should the card text then be changed to be less ambiguous? For instance:

"Deploy: Damage an allied unit to the right by half its power, then damage an enemy unit by the amount of strength removed from allied unit"

It's a bit wordier, but leaves no room for interpretation. While this is just a "you learn after making the mistake once" case, it shouldn't come to that. Thoughts?

I thought, it was fixed in the Nilfgaard Update:

"Fixed an issue whereby Knut the Callous could damage an enemy unit after dealing no damage to an adjacent unit with a Shield."

I thought, it was fixed in the Nilfgaard Update:

"Fixed an issue whereby Knut the Callous could damage an enemy unit after dealing no damage to an adjacent unit with a Shield."

My point is it sounds like it SHOULD be able to... at least with its current wording. If I deal 5 damage and hit a shield, I still dealt 5 damage to the enemy, but the shield absorbed the damage before the unit could absorb it.
That was my interpretation at least.

Top Bottom