Kold Mirage disappeared.

+
Kold Mirage disappeared.

So I just finished spellbound and talking to Nix and went to the Kold Mirage quest. Fast travel to the area then while speeding down the road, hit a dumpster and end up trapped inside with no way to get out. Eventually grenade myself in an attempt to get out and end up having to reload the last checkpoint. So there I am having just finished talking to Nix and... No Kold Mirage quest available. I think I can fix this but once more, just flagging things up.
Post automatically merged:

A little more info. At the end of my previous session, I had gone to the dump and poked around the refrigerator where I had heard (IRL) the cyberdeck was supposed to be. I did a little reading and it appears it appears after spellbound. So I set the next quest to spellbound and quit out for the day. Today I went straight to Nix and then did the Spellbound quest with nothing unusual. After returning to Nix, Kold Mirage was there and so I set off. Riding through the dump, I had the dumpster thing happen and when reloaded, no Kold Mirage.

I reloaded to where Johnny was by the case and... No kold Mirage. So then I reloaded to where my previous end-of-day savepoint was, replayed the mission and... No Kold Mirage. I'm wondering if something is going on inside the program which isn't related to the save files so I'm quitting out fully and trying again.
Post automatically merged:

OK, I'm a dumbass. It took a while to trigger. It didn't seem like it did the first time. Ah well, if anyone else has the same problem, they can learn from this, I guess.

Last edited:
I've had Kold Mirage disappear as well, with an uninteractable Bartmoss & deck. Usually I just travel to its location in the dump to trigger it but it seems really finnicky (as is the trigger for Spellbound and the order in which the game gives you the quests). I think best way to work around it is reading the shard in Revere Courier Services during the GIG Many Ways To Skin A Cat which adds Kold Mirage to your journal - seems it has less chance of screwing up then, at least in my experience. After that I find Nix usually texts to initiate Spellbound either when I'm leaving the Afterlife, or driving nearby some time after.

Top Bottom