Lack of Clothing Option in the Game

+
What happened to all this stuff about styles? Kitsch, Neo-Kitsch Neo-militarism and Entropism? Walking around in high heels, a bullet proof vest and a cowboy hat because of the current crappy cosmetic system is more like 'eccentric oddball' than anything else.

What happened to all this stuff about styles? Kitsch, Neo-Kitsch Neo-militarism and Entropism? Walking around in high heels, a bullet proof vest and a cowboy hat because of the current crappy cosmetic system is more like 'eccentric oddball' than anything else.

Not a fan of Hobo-chic?

I want these npcs’ helmets. The npcs have such nice gear but the player can’t loot and equip them. I keep getting the bad feeling that cdprojektred is going to do the thing where they piecemeal the clothing out in dlc clothing packs for real world money.

helmet1.jpghelmet2.jpg

Hexipoo said:
The NPCs aren't modular like your character. They are set models.

Actually not correct. they are modular, as in their body and their clothing are seperated. Every clothing item you see on the non-fat/kid NPC's has its own model and texture separate to the base NPC body models.

The option you can choose for V is super limited, and some of them doesnt even looks good

Player should be able to wear any clothing that is in the game
The Mox clothing, Kitsch and neo kitsch clothing, fish net stockings, half transparent outer wear etc
bascially every npc's clothing.

being able to customize your skins will also be good, chrome arm? chrome legs? this way will make your character feel more cyberpunk

if im playing as a female character, at least i want to make her looks sex and "cyberpunk"

most of the existing clothing for V are either jeans and jackets. totally not cyberpunk at all.

For me the problem is in the clothing system.

They should make all clothing have 0 armor, and make the armor be inserted as mod (which the player can insert or take off).

In that way, you can always go anywhere dressing as you like, while maintaining your style.

With the system we have now, you can end up with a corpo shirt, nomad boots, samurai jacket, skirt, and a cowboy hat because the gear have better stats or armor slots.

Other solution to that is to make more special clothing, with premade presets, that the player can equip only for appereance, while the stats comes from the other equiped items. In the game, now, there is like 5 or 6 options - which is surely lacking.

And when did BLACK go out of style?
The one color that has always been in vogue and it's nowhere to be found ingame. You have to dress up like a rainbow warrior ffs.

A coloring system is sorely needed.

For me the problem is in the clothing system.

They should make all clothing have 0 armor, and make the armor be inserted as mod (which the player can insert or take off).

In that way, you can always go anywhere dressing as you like, while maintaining your style.

With the system we have now, you can end up with a corpo shirt, nomad boots, samurai jacket, skirt, and a cowboy hat because the gear have better stats or armor slots.

Other solution to that is to make more special clothing, with premade presets, that the player can equip only for appereance, while the stats comes from the other equiped items. In the game, now, there is like 5 or 6 options - which is surely lacking.
Or add a feature that allows you to add mod slots to clothing.

The option you can choose for V is super limited, and some of them doesnt even looks good

The Mox clothing, Kitsch and neo kitsch clothing, fish net stockings, half transparent outer wear etc

being able to customize your skins will also be good, chrome arm? chrome legs? this way will make your character feel more cyberpunk

if im playing as a female character, at least i want to make her looks sex and "cyberpunk"

most of the existing clothing for V are either jeans and jackets. totally not cyberpunk at all.

Correct me if im wrong, but i think you are able to find multiple clothes shop in Cyberpunk 2077. They have a wide variety of clothing to choose from.

I would just like to highlight a few features that would be great to be added or improve in the game

1) Advanced Mini Map - Able to know when to turn, so that the map informed us earlier, so we do not miss any turn

2) Customization Apartment - Throughout my playthrough for this game, I went back to my apartment only 2 or 3 times. It be great to add some content maybe customization options

3) Customization Vehicles - Since the game has an in-depth photo mode option, it be great to have Vehicle customization, so that player can show off their own rides

4) Mini game - Include several mini games to interact with. Example gambling, pool, Swimming, Golf, Arcade games or etc

5) Advanced Police System - Probably remove the spawn cops, instead implement the same concept as GTA. It be cool if we were chase by Arasaka Forces

6) Radio - Switch between song - There are songs that i liked, so it would be nice if we can switch songs instead of the Radio station

7) NPC AI and Physics - Improve the overall response and interaction with the NPC

8) Buildings Accessible - To add more immersion to the game, more buildings should be accessible, i found out that that several buildings can be access only by the Main or Side Quest.

9) Apartment PC - We could check out the latest trend fashion, in which we can order the clothes through the website. Make the PC in our apartment to have more interaction

10) Purchased Apartment - Not sure if they will be added in the DLC, hopefully it will

lol I don't know how many hours I have spent just running all over NC after some good looking clothes!

I've been playing as a male V and have been proudly going with "fashion before stats" philosophy and while I like the clothes , I do see peoples points.

It would be hella nice to have cloth slots so you can hide thosse gastly pair of legendary harem pants with your favorite rocker pants or even have a "hide helmet" toggle for headwear.

Unless there some secret clothing vendors the style trailer was misleading if it was meant to imply clothing options for V equaled style options for everyone else in NC, providing one has the eddies. The four styles of Kitsch, Neo-Kitsch, Neo-militarism and Entropism seem unrealized, though examples are in place. Determing where to go to get anything of a certain style isn't made any easier by the game.

I recently learned of a site that's cataloging all the clothing with pictures and the console command to spawn that item...

I was thinking the same thing no knee high socks,stockings or fishnets or neon clothing or variety of boots/heels etc yet all npc’s have lots of options in this department

This is an issue with any game that has a lot of clothing options but the clothing you wear has important stats.

I'm simply not going to put up with green items just because they look better than legendary options and, despite what some here suggest, the options for legendary clothing are extremely limited (just try to see how many head items you can find without crafting - even with crafting... then let me know how many look great).

I'm amazed so few games like this opt for the ability to craft based on design first, then quality. As an artisan crafter, I should be able to pick any design (once discovered/unlocked) and then craft a legendary item for it. And with 50 street cred, we should be able to pick any design (obviously by visiting the right shop) and then buy the legendary version of it.

Obviously, there should be some designs that are unique and only to be found out in the world or during the story. That's cool. But they should be iconic and so craftable at higher tiers.

Last edited:
I'm simply not going to put up with green items just because they look better than legendary options and, despite what some here suggest, the options for legendary clothing are extremely limited (just try to see how many head items you can find without crafting - even with crafting... then let me know how many look great).
It depend :)
If you play like me and wait at min, the level 35 to complete GIGs or main quests, you can acquire a fair amount of legendary clothes. But yeah, quite rare anyway :(

It depend :)
If you play like me and wait at min, the level 35 to complete GIGs or main quests, you can acquire a fair amount of legendary clothes. But yeah, quite rare anyway :(
Yes, if you want to rely on pure random luck I suppose you MIGHT one day get the item you want :) But that's not giving any control over the way we look, it's randomising it.

The list for legendary head items is shorter than you may think. Without crafting, it's even shorter.

This is it:

Cowboy hat (crafting spec)
Reversed baseball cap (ugh)
Trilby (decent but actually wasn't in the place it's supposed to be when I tried to find it and is either gone from the game or is random, and so might as well not exist)
Media baseball cap
Headband (crafting spec and the only one that doesn't totally remove the ability to see your hair; but it does change your hair style!)

That's it!

Other slots aren't so bad but still... if you want "that look" and it's not available then you have to wear weaker clothes. I fail to see why that has to be the case in so many games, honestly. If we want a look, we should be able to find and select that look (including unlocking it if necessary). Then the quality comes separately (again, if we unlock or find it). Random loot can still exist in that case, because not everyone cares about the look. But the way I see it, if you've looted a random item and it has the look you want... that unlocks the look elsewhere, if that makes sense.

The way stuff looks really should be less tied to how it performs. Certainly later on in the game when you've unlocked most things. By all means, this could even be another form of progression (you don't just get all of the looks available, you need to earn them). The way I see it, I should walk into a shop and it lists all the available "patterns" to me, based on what I've unlocked (either street cred or things like jobs I've done). I pick the shop because I know they're likely to have a certain look. It may even be that the shop will unlock more options for me if I'm loyal (like if I spend so many eddies there or do jobs like the Jinguji one). Once I've picked the look, say the cowboy hat, I then have the option to buy it at whatever quality I can (again depending on certain things) right up to legendary.

Crafting specs can work the same way. It's not a legendary crafting spec, it's the cowboy hat crafting spec - I get it wherever and then I can instantly craft any quality once I have the right perk. And there should be a crafting spec for the vast majority of items available in game, not just the 6-10 we have now. What something looks like should have no impact on how it performs, certainly not in a game like this one.

Last edited:
Nope, in each GIGs for example, there is one container (at least) who can spawn a legendary items (clothes or weapons).
If you are not at minimum level 34, no chance.
If you are level 34, it's about 1 chance on 5. At level 50, 1 chance on 2. (and I reload few times in front of the container to spawn it in legendary^^)
So I can provide you a screenshot of my stash, there is already plenty of legendary clothes (and I didn't craft any) ;)

And if you add the full sets of legendary dispatched around the city (rocker/solo/media/cop/fixer/tech) is even more :)

So I don't think save scumming for rolls counts ;)

I definitely don't end up with a full suit of legendary gear that I really like by the time i hit 50 and have finished all the gigs. So maybe that's the difference. I still don't think save scumming is better game play than just letting us choose our look.

Top Bottom