Lack of Clothing Option in the Game

+
The option you can choose for V is super limited, and some of them doesnt even looks good

Player should be able to wear any clothing that is in the game
The Mox clothing, Kitsch and neo kitsch clothing, fish net stockings, half transparent outer wear etc
bascially every npc's clothing.

being able to customize your skins will also be good, chrome arm? chrome legs? this way will make your character feel more cyberpunk

if im playing as a female character, at least i want to make her looks sex and "cyberpunk"

most of the existing clothing for V are either jeans and jackets. totally not cyberpunk at all.

Last edited:
Well, there is a lot of stuff in the clothes stores too. Seems like it changes randomly (I had to reload once - I wasted too much money on stuff that looked strange on my female V - and after doing so they seemed to have a slightly different selection, sometimes different colors... and of course I didn’t find the one thing I liked from before reloading the save game).

So there might be more types of clothes available in the game than it looks like at first, but perhaps due to the high amount of similar stuff (in various colours) it‘s not easy to actually find to the good stuff.

Also buying clothes in stores is tricky as you don‘t know in advance how it will look like (RdR2 was a lot more comfortable in that respect). So yeah, overall, clothing options could use some improvement one way or another.

Well, there is a lot of stuff in the clothes stores too. Seems like it changes randomly (I had to reload once - I wasted too much money on stuff that looked strange on my female V - and after doing so they seemed to have a slightly different selection, sometimes different colors... and of course I didn’t find the one thing I liked from before reloading the save game).

So there might be more types of clothes available in the game than it looks like at first, but perhaps due to the high amount of similar stuff (in various colours) it‘s not easy to actually find to the good stuff.

Also buying clothes in stores is tricky as you don‘t know in advance how it will look like (RdR2 was a lot more comfortable in that respect). So yeah, overall, clothing options could use some improvement one way or another.

I've seen it all. Cargo pants, combat boots, t-shirts and winter jackets is what's mostly on offer.

Thigh-high boots, proper heeled boots, short skirts, cut-off jackets? NOPE.

Clothing isn't something I've been particularly upset by. I've actually seen quite a lot of outfit variation from user photo's on this forum and other social media sites. I do think the game very much hampers you clothing-wise if you're wanting to min-max your character build. Transmog is massively needed.

I think the biggest area lacking is char creation. Items like more body, and facial tattoos. Like there's no hand tattoo's in a game where 90% of the time you'll be looking at your hands. I think there's also a real lack of decent hairstyles.

Clothing isn't something I've been particularly upset by. I've actually seen quite a lot of outfit variation from user photo's on this forum and other social media sites. I do think the game very much hampers you clothing-wise if you're wanting to min-max your character build. Transmog is massively needed.

I think the biggest area lacking is char creation. Items like more body, and facial tattoos. Like there's no hand tattoo's in a game where 90% of the time you'll be looking at your hands. I think there's also a real lack of decent hairstyles.

And hair colors. Because apparently white dye is too much, your only option is old-lady gray. Also, eyes. You either have normal dim eyes or weird robo-eyes and nothing in between.

And hair colors. Because apparently white dye is too much, your only option is old-lady gray. Also, eyes. You either have normal dim eyes or weird robo-eyes and nothing in between.

It's better in-game than it is in the char creator, where the lighting makes it look grey-green. It's definitely not Geralt or Ciri levels of white which is disappointing.

No it's not. It's gray, it just looks brighter in certain light. It's what Mama Welles has.

I mean I've seen it in all lighting variations and it's definitely not as bad as it looks in the character creation screen. I never said it was white, just a lot closer than what the character creator implies due to its bad lighting.

This is mostly the case in these types of games with the exception of elder scrolls and fallout. NPC'S always look better and their clothing isn't available, I believe, because none of the npc share the PC body( another lacking feature in character customization ). Only hope is that cdpr releases some actual mod tools.

I mean I've seen it in all lighting variations and it's definitely not as bad as it looks in the character creation screen. I never said it was white, just a lot closer than what the character creator implies due to its bad lighting.

Char creator also has a green hue, because reasons.
Post automatically merged:

This is mostly the case in these types of games with the exception of elder scrolls and fallout. NPC'S always look better and their clothing isn't available, I believe, because none of the npc share the PC body( another lacking feature in character customization ). Only hope is that cdpr releases some actual mod tools.

The NPCs aren't modular like your character. They are set models.

Being able to visually customize the style of the character whilst keeping the stats and buffs of actually equipped pieces would be great. One of the major quirks about cyberpunk universe is "style over substance" or "style AND substance"!
More options could be nice too, even jewelry.
OIP.jpg98fec7133a173f4c6a4dc1f4d1dafc12.pngtumblr_pjm06m7FIk1sfo1z9o1_640.jpgaab8ca032ef5e76bd45e6b1fd47686e9.jpgcyberpunk-2077-neokitsch.jpg
If the game had outfitters around the city where you could style your character the way you want, masking the weird looking stuff you actually have equipped.
Not saying the current stuff is terrible, and options are incredibly limited, but I would enjoy the game even more than I do now if that was a feature for some reason.

Last edited:

Ive spent 60+ hours into the game, i keep refreshing the store (24 hour skip), mostly are the same stuff, but just in different colors.

Char creator also has a green hue, because reasons.
Post automatically merged:

The NPCs aren't modular like your character. They are set models.
That's what I was saying. However this is a questionable design by the devs if for nothing more than it created an unnecessary workflow for their artist. For example there appearsvto be three bodystyles on npc's, and none are the players choice even though they look similar. This means they had to develop entirely different assets from the players model. Again, just seems really uneccasary.

Hell the lack if customization in cc is questionable as well seeing as I have a legit red skinned woman at my apartment complex.

It is rather limitation on viable clothing options. Because you need mod slots in cloths for effectiveness, most of them are useless because of this.

Also if you read the source material there is all sorts of cool stuff like fiber optic tech hair that glows and shifts colour patterns! Would be horrible if you were trying to sneak anywhere but hey it would look cool!

Clothing stores are a joke. What they sell is completely unpredictable, location and aesthetic of the store mean nothing. Why is a suit store in corpo plaza selling tyger claws merch?

Top Bottom