Lack of Stuff To Do

+
Lack of Stuff To Do

...So my 'Gerald of Rivera' is level 28, I've completed all notice board quests, all ! quests, and explored all ? locations in Velen. I've done the same in Skellige except for all ? locations that are at sea (there are like 80 of which CDPR seemed to have used as an awful lot of filler), which all seem to be boring and meaningless loot grabs, and I've been holding off on the The Isle of Mists quest. Is there anything else to do? Sailing around Skellige is so boring and severely lacking any content, not to mention how unappealing Skellige is visually. If this is all the game has to offer, it sure does burn out quickly...

Oh forgot to mention, I haven't played any of the Gwent-related stuff because I don't play video games for lame card games.

Last edited:
The Isle of Mists is not the End of the Game, but it's pretty much only main story quests from now on.

How long did that take you, if I may ask?

Not sure. GOG Galaxy registers 20 hours, but I don't run that a lot of times when I play.

I've never been a fan of Skyrim, I thought it was OK but definitely not great, but I don't recall (played it when it was initially released) it becoming stale anywhere near this fast.

Don't know.. several hours for sure. I guess you haven't even found ciri yet and there's still stuff to come after you got her. But new high-level sidequests? Nope.

I guess I should've clarified that I was asking OP. You're also incorrect. There's at least one level 30 side quest I can think of, which doesn't unlock before act II or III. It's not terribly much, though.

His name's Geralt....

Man, if you've run out of things to do, and think everything's filler...then maybe you're just too good at games or something. It's the first time I've heard that comment about this game. Heard alot about it in other games, like Dragon Age and Assassins Creed, though.

Last edited:
There are a few quests that only appear during nighttime or dayttime or that get triggered after examining something out of the ordinary. Plus there's a lot of stuff to do in Kaer Morhen, even though the map doesn't hint on it.

If you buy maps from merchants it will trigger treasure hunts for armor and weapon diagrams that can be pretty challenging and fun too. With only 20 hours there's still much you didn't do. Also look at the map for spots that look like a village or ruin. Sometimes you'll not find a ? there but there's still something happening there.

besides, have you done all contracts already - those from the message boards in villages? Two or three of them are meant for 30+. There are also a few more side quests for 30+ you can find. Besides I wouln't underestimate Gwent but suit yourself.

There are a few quests that only appear during nighttime or dayttime or that get triggered after examining something out of the ordinary. Plus there's a lot of stuff to do in Kaer Morhen, even though the map doesn't hint on it.

If you buy maps from merchants it will trigger treasure hunts for armor and weapon diagrams that can be pretty challenging and fun too. With only 20 hours there's still much you didn't do. Also look at the map for spots that look like a village or ruin. Sometimes you'll not find a ? there but there's still something happening there.

besides, have you done all contracts already - those from the message boards in villages? Two or three of them are meant for 30+. There are also a few more side quests for 30+ you can find. Besides I wouln't underestimate Gwent but suit yourself.

Yep yep, done everything you suggested. Think I have just one level 34 Treasure Hunt quest remaining. Also, I said GOG Galaxy has registered 20 hours, but much of the time I play the game is without running that, so it'd be well-over 20 hours.

I should note that the game is far too easy even on the next to highest difficulty. Far too easy to progress, far too easy to become overpowered (and I haven't even bothered using those rune slots in weapons or armor, or decoctions, or oils...), far too easy to get loaded with Orens (or whatever the money is called) - I currently have 80,000 and nothing to use it on. After the initial wow-factor of it and everything has settled-in, I'm finding the game underwhelming in all respects. I'm not saying it sucks, but it's definitely lacking any serious depth.

Last edited:
Yep yep, done everything you suggested. Think I have just one level 34 Treasure Hunt quest remaining. Also, I said GOG Galaxy has registered 20 hours, but much of the time I play the game is without running that, so it'd be well-over 20 hours.

I should note that the game is far too easy even on the next to highest difficulty. Far too easy to progress, far too easy to become overpowered (and I haven't even bothered using those rune slots in weapons or armor), far too easy to get loaded with Orens (or whatever the money is called) - I currently have 80,000 and nothing to use it on. After the initial wow-factor of it and everything has settled-in, I'm finding the game underwhelming in all respects. I'm not saying it sucks, but it's definitely lacking any serious depth.

I think the phrase you're looking for is "lacking an endgame", not depth. I think anyway.

However I have to agree. I just keep starting new games. NG+ DLC PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. INFINITE NG+ DLC

It's true it gets too easy with time. Especially if you're doing a lot of side quests and contracts.

Main quests should get a lot less points to slow down progress a bit. For now leveling up only seems to work fine if you ignore most sidequests (except for the first chaper).

there's finesse in the gameplay but the character too fast levels up and then it's not necessary any longer to follow a strategic approach which is a pitty.

But after all it is better to leave as many quests as possible for a second playthrough. However it's not smart to do 30+ quests before it is suggested because that way you are even more over leveled than you should be at this point.

I think the phrase you're looking for is "lacking an endgame", not depth. I think anyway.

However I have to agree. I just keep starting new games. NG+ DLC PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. INFINITE NG+ DLC

No, I mean lacking depth. The most important part of a game like this is the combat system and it is far too simplistic, easy to 'exploit', absent of variety, and unsatisfying.

Last edited:
Blew there load on the early/mid game. Definitely feels rushed in the last 3rd, skellige was disappointing in comparison too, all the ?'s are sunken treasure inbetween painful sailing mechanics.

Blew there load on the early/mid game. Definitely feels rushed in the last 3rd, skellige was disappointing in comparison too, all the ?'s are sunken treasure inbetween painful sailing mechanics.

Exactly. Also, I wish they hadn't blown their load so early.

No, I mean lacking depth. The most important part of a game like this is the combat system and it is far too simplistic, easy to 'exploit', absent of variety, and unsatisfying.

Most important part of the game like this is it's STORY not combat. Also no one is forcing you to button mash and exploit it. Game offers enough variety regarding combat. It is up to you how you want to play it.

Also, 20h in game time and you say you completed everything in both Velen and Skelige? I can not even comprehend how you managed to do that. I am level 21 and just arrived on Skelige, with over 60h of in game time and stuff i skipped in Velen.

Best advice i have for you is to just rush till the end and don't play the game anymore, you clearly do not enjoy it. Play something else you feel is more rewarding.

Exactly. Also, I wish they hadn't blown their load so early.

Personally, I wouldn't call it "blowing their load". I do, however, think, that the game's main narrative is poorly paced in the sense that (SPOILERISH)
act I seemingly makes up 70% of the total amount of playtime and the plot really doesn't progress at all during that time. Then you finish act I and suddenly everything collapses on itself. Once you go to the Isle of Mists you basically commit to playing virtually nothing but main quests. During act I you can take your sweet time to mess around because there's no real pressure or suspense. Act II and III are very different: Everything's tense, everything forces you towards that final confrontation. This is not the mood you want for exploration. It is not the mood you really want for an open world game.

Despite all that, I'm quite happy with the amount of money I paid for what was essentially 96h worth of top notch entertainment. I may be biased in that I've been a sucker for the previous two games and CDPR's worldbuilding really did draw me in in this one. The world was really - and I use the term sparingly ever since I almost threw up multiple times over the use of it in Star Citizen's forums - immersive to me. Your mileage may vary, of course.

Top Bottom