Lack of tutorial about encounters

+
Lack of tutorial about encounters

So probably before there was some tutorials about creating encounters, spawning specific enemy that is aggresive or even making NPC aggresive for newcommers but now almost all links are down so could anyone tell me how to :
Create zone where when geralt enter agressive monsters will spawn
Spawn single monster throug script (aggressive or not)
Turning NPC against player.

Thank You

Hi,
Berail;n9060430 said:
Create zone where when geralt enter agressive monsters will spawn
Activate layer by double clicking it. Right click on terrain and search for encounter area. I think it is gameplay->encounter area. You should see it in your activated layer and in scene as green box.
In properties of this encounter area, you can, among many others, add entity templates, which you want to spawn and define counts, frequency and so on.
Note that there are many entity templates of monsters in redkit, and some of them don't work if spawned, because they are used internally for different purposes. You need to find right entity, which works.
Monsters are spawned when you enter encounter area and despawn when you leave. Some of them are hidden underground, or fall from sky, so try to actually walk into area to see if it works.

Berail;n9060430 said:
Spawn single monster throug script (aggressive or not)
Create spawn point by righclicking on the terrain and selecting spawn point from one of submenus. I think it's gameplay->spawn point. Add tag to it.
Copy original monster entity template to your project, edit it's properties - such as aggressivity. Create community and add there your monster. Don't define timetable and action point and deselect "Start in AP". Instead, define your spawn point tag.
Now you can spawn your community with monster by calling block in script. I think it is called "Story phase setter". You can define your communities to spawn or despawn here.
Monster should "somewhat move around" spawn point.
I spawned drowner like this in certain quest phase, but he moved quite afar from spawn point. Not sure if you can define area for his movements now...

Berail;n9060430 said:
Turning NPC against player.
Don't know direct answer to this, but if you open entity template of some character, you can modify his aggressivity there. Maybe you can select and spawn npc with neutral setting, but modify it by script. I suggest if you have your script file opened, search in "script" block and go through available options.

Thanks :) You helped me :) and one last question. Is there a way to spawn those monster that are not aggresive towards me to be aggresive somehow ? I spawned nekker form spawnpoint and it didn't attack me ( i could kill it etc but it didn't attack me ).

Hi,
I think that monsters are always aggressive by default. You are probably using bad entity template.

EDIT :
folder with working monster entity templates is asset browser -> game -> gameplay - > monsters

Last edited:
Top Bottom