Lack of variety in Sex scenes

+
I hope they actually use some of the 16 hours of motion-capture in the dlc's and don't just reuse the tame 15sec animation from the base game again.

So what do you really want? Some hardcore tea-bagging and a bit of ass to mouth? I dont really see how this is important at all. Its kinda like when you complete a abandoned area. Same video, different people and Geralt with the same look on his face.

So what do you really want? Some hardcore tea-bagging and a bit of ass to mouth? I dont really see how this is important at all. Its kinda like when you complete a abandoned area. Same video, different people and Geralt with the same look on his face.
I would prefer if they don't shy away fom nudity and sex in an adult game. I'm tired of the hypocrisy of the (american) dominated gaming industrie, which praises violence but condemns nudity. CDP was a refreshing exception and showed that it doesn't have to be this way in Witcher 1 and 2 but with Witcher 3 they went the "mainstrean way" and toned down the nudity but went completely over the top with the violence.
If you don't think it's important that's fine. Nobody forces you to post in this thread.

I would prefer if they don't shy away fom nudity and sex in an adult game. I'm tired of the hypocrisy of the (american) dominated gaming industrie, which praises violence but condemns nudity. CDP was a refreshing exception and showed that it doesn't have to be this way in Witcher 1 and 2 but with Witcher 3 they went the "mainstrean way" and toned down the nudity but went completely over the top with the violence.
If you don't think it's important that's fine. Nobody forces you to post in this thread.

Well I agree with you in the sense that violence should (and is) way worse than a bit of nudity, but I think witcher 3 has just the right amount of both. Im not playing video-games to see long sex-scenes. Im there for the story and and the gameplay.

Well I agree with you in the sense that violence should (and is) way worse than a bit of nudity, but I think witcher 3 has just the right amount of both. Im not playing video-games to see long sex-scenes. Im there for the story and and the gameplay.
I wasn't complaining about the lenght but the reused animations, the immersion breaking (and stupid) underwear and the weird camera angles, which let them look censored in a game, which is cleary targeted at adults. Imo they just look out of place and artificially censored.
Even if they were longer it wouldn't take away from the story considering they are a) optional b) minor anyway in a 100+ hours game.
Sex scenes are just like anything else part of the game and therefore they should be criticized if they lack quality and the resued animations and same body models for every woman except for Yennefer are certainly a sign of the lack of quality.
You might be fine with the, but the existence of this thread and several others show that a lot of people are not. From my observation especially the people who played Witcher 2 , which was superior in this regard, are not happy with them in Witcher 3.

Last edited:
I wasn't complaining about the lenght but the reused animations, the immersion breaking (and stupid) underwear and the weird camera angles, which let them look censored in a game, which is cleary targeted at adults. Imo they just look out of place and artificially censored.
Even if they were longer it wouldn't take away from the story considering they are a) optional b) minor anyway in a 100+ hours game.
Sex scenes are just like anything else part of the game and therefore they should be criticized if they lack quality and the resued animations and same body models for every woman except for Yennefer are certainly a sign of the lack of quality.
You might be fine with the, but the existence of this thread and several others show that a lot of people are not. From my observation especially the people who played Witcher 2 , which was superior in this regard, are not happy with them in Witcher 3.

Yeah but sex is not suppose to be a big deal. Its like when you fast-travel or when you complete a abandoned site.. they reuse it just so you see whats going on. Its not suppose to be anything more than that. It would be super awkward if they had a different video for sex every time IMO

Yeah but sex is not suppose to be a big deal. Its like when you fast-travel or when you complete a abandoned site.. they reuse it just so you see whats going on. Its not suppose to be anything more than that. It would be super awkward if they had a different video for sex every time IMO

Apparantly it is a big enough deal for many people to voice their disappointment and for you as well to argue against it.
You know, I think roughly 80% of the complaints about different things in this forum are "not a big deal" or I just don't agree with them, but I still don't go in every of these threads and try to tell others what they should consider as important and what not. . If I or others would do that, each thread would end in a battlezone.

My two cents as a forever-alone-motherfucker who had absolutely no XP at all concerning this, but still enjoys this topic literary:

Sex in videogames is still a very nebulous topic in major-AAA videogames these days and I think the cultural differences are to blame for that. I totally don't think of witcher-games as a medium to fap to, but there's much space to improve concerning the third iteration of this masterpiece and the passion between the major characters. I think the personae of the major female characters are well enough presented to be not drifted into misogyny too fast if they were shown a few times more (wearing less and doing more). The use of hookers instead is a way of drifting into misogyny :D. But back in those days... who knows!?

OK, could this discussion continue WITHOUT any of the following:
- Speculation about any specific culture or national values that may be responsible.
- Any aspersions on the age, hobbies or other activities carried out by other forum members.

(Be careful on bringing in misogyny too, as that can easily be interpreted in different ways and may take this waaaay off-topic.)

Thank you.

Don't worry about the lack of sex diversity in the vanilla state of the game. If Skyrim is any example modders will address this issue.

Yeah, but next time I spoil that
there is the possibility to romance a certain redhead and also that certain buildings exists in the world of the Witcher 3...

I have edited my post, vader should do the same... right now only his quote still "spoils".

Last edited:
So, anybody to volounteer for modding the camera movement in the lighthouse scene? :D

That's a perfect example of that (stupid) censorship. She had a at least partly unqiue scene but they used weird camera angles to not show it. Now she has the same 15 sec animation like every prostitute.
Don't let me even start with the second Yennefer scene. It was just cringeworthy and didn't even make any sense

Top Bottom