Ladder reset and MMR

+
Ladder reset and MMR

I propose that the MMR assigned at the start of a new season is determined by a different method than 1/3 of what you had. for someone who reached rank 18, having to climb all the way back from rank 7 feels like a chore, and is not interesting at all. People who play a lot are able to get the MMR they lost in a couple of days regardless of being at 1.3 or 2.8, but the casual players (1-2h/day) will have to spend a couple of weeks at low ranks, which is uninteresting to say the least.

let us not pretend that climbing the earlier ladder is a sign of dedication or skill; anyone can do it with time and a decent deck, you don't even need a positive winrate until rank 19. I propose that instead of losing 1/3 of MMR, people be placed at the lowest rank of the previous league

example: people who reached ranks 13-15 will be placed at rank 10, people who reached 16-18 will be placed at rank 13, and people who reached 19 and above will be placed at 16. that way, instead of having to breeze through lower ranks, they'll be able to enjoy the game at a more appropriate position.

i myself have a 34-9 ratio this season, climbing back from rank 7 and currently at 15. it hasn't been fun at all, with most of my games being easy victories against inexperienced players or people who were trying out weird decks at lower ranks.

Top Bottom