Lag: Game needs optimizing & the option to disable animations and lighting effects

+
Lag: Game needs optimizing & the option to disable animations and lighting effects

The game is pretty laggy even on minimum graphics and windowed mode. Let's be realistic here: while decent looking, it looks as though it could be run perfectly on a rig from the 90's. But it doesn't even run well on my rig from 2007. So has technology gotten exponentially worse these past 20 years or have programmers started cutting huge corners to save money? HMMM. Clearly there is a great deal of optimizing that needs to be done.

But since that is likely to not happen, and for the sake of giving constructive criticism- at the minimum there should be the option to disable all lighting effect and card animations as they seem to eat up processing power while not adding much to the game.

The problem is with the game engine, which If I remember correctly, it's Unity, and while it's not a bad engine, relatively easy to use, cheap, many good features, unfortunately performance it's not in the strong points of Unity, optimizing is already a difficult task, with unity it's even harder, let's take another Unity game: Verdun, I love that game, but god if it needs optimization, of course, it doesn't have many developers, but it's been out for quite some time now and even if the developers try hard to optimize it, they manage to do only this much.

Last edited:
If this helps, the game is much lighter at 30 fps(set through vsync). You dont need any higher than that for a card game, but after a long session the game starts to have some hitches due to lack of optimization indeed, maybe memory leaks. Streamers on Twitch have noticed this too.

Top Bottom