Lagg spikes in fullscreen mode

+
Lagg spikes in fullscreen mode

I've been playing through the game in full screen mode and after 20 hours the game suddenly began to lagg every few seconds. It even does it in the start menu. The only way to fix it is to play in windowed mode. I've tried reinstalling GPU drivers, tweaking with AMD settings and reinstalling the game. I can't find anyone else who's ran into this issue. I'm at my wits end. please help.

Radeon Software Version - 17.4.4
Radeon Software Edition - Crimson ReLive
Graphics Chipset - Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics
Memory Size - 8192 MB
Memory Type - GDDR5
Core Clock - 1306 MHz
Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)
System Memory - 8 GB
CPU Type - Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G4600 @ 3.60GHz

Chrisk1905;n8491970 said:
I've been playing through the game in full screen mode and after 20 hours the game suddenly began to lagg every few seconds.
Hmm. I seem to recall having an issue like this when I had too many saves (which didn't take very long). I'm not sure if this is the case here, but you could try removing a few old save files, to see if this helps.

Sure...but nothing definitive:

1.) It does seem to be something that started up with 1.2x and various driver updates. I would recommend rolling drivers back to something around Oct.-Dec. of 2016 and seeing if that clears up the issue.

2.) Frame-timing is critical, be sure Vsync is ON, and/or Frame Limit is 60 or LESS, and Refresh Rate is 60 Hz.

3.) Some peripherals, especially wireless mice / keyboards, gamepads, even cameras can interfere. Try disconnecting them or connecting them if they have software installed but are not currently plugged in.

4.) Be sure that all power settings, GPU and Windows, is set for Maximum Performance.

It's a very hard one to narrow down, as the causes can be so random and old fixes and workarounds are not so reliable anymore. Simply put, you want to make everything on your PC run at 60 FPS maximum while playing the game. Also, try playing 100% offline: disconnect from the internet completely.

I've been playing on a 144hz monitor and I'm fairly certain i had a GPU driver update. I'll try those steps and see if it fixes it. I've also noticed in D' jinni adventure editor that the debug log shows an error from a fastInt()? function on an object that doesn't exist in an endless loop. It works on full screen though so maybe i'll just play it in the editor. If not I've made peace with windowed.

Thank you for the help guys.

Top Bottom