Lagging, loading and steam

+
So I bought The Witcher 3 today during the steam sale, and it came with a slew of problems. The game itself has massive lag spikes, the dialogue has a lot of loading screens which sometimes last up to around 2 minutes, and most bizzarely: it laggs out my steam client (?).

Let me address these problems one by one:

1. I'm not ashamed to admit it that I did torrent games from time to time, to check if and how well my PC can handle it. When a couple of years ago I downloaded Witcher 3 I tried it out for the first 20-30 minutes to see how it ran and that's it. Everything was fine, medium setting 1080p, everything's peachy. So with that in mind can anyone please explain why with everything turned down and in 720p I still get lag spikes? I know my system is old, but it still passes at least the minimum requirements.
2. I don't know how many faces this problem but I get extremely long loading screens during dialogue. Before and after a dialogue choice and at seemingly random spots. I've read that mods affect this, but I don't have any mods installed, so I dunno what to do else.
3. This is the one that leaves me scratching my head the most. After downloading Witcher 3 my Steam client started lagging, and it evens crashes sometimes. You guys have no idea how long it took to write this because of this problem.

Things I've done to fix the first 2 issues:
°Cleaned out my PC;
°Ran scans to check for malware;
°Turned everything in the game to the lowest possible settings.

PC specs, in case they're needed:

CPU: AMD Trinity A10-5800K
GPU: MSI R9 270 Gaming 2G
MOBO: ASRock FM2A75M-DGS
RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1333mhz

Literally ANY help will be appreciated!

I‘m not sure your CPU actually meets the minimum requirements, so I‘m not that surprised the game is causing problems...

My suggestion is: lower the resolution as much as possible and limit the framerate to 30 frames per second, Also stuff like hairworks should be turned off and so on...

I‘m not sure your CPU actually meets the minimum requirements, so I‘m not that surprised the game is causing problems...

My suggestion is: lower the resolution as much as possible and limit the framerate to 30 frames per second, Also stuff like hairworks should be turned off and so on...

Minimum is AMD Phenom II X4, so I'm pretty sure mine's at least a bit better. Everything is turned down to the lowest possible settings already, but if my only choice is playing it at something like 800x400, then might as well not play at all.

Turning down the resolution is still the best thing you can do. It doesn‘t have to be 800x600, but I would suggest something 720p. And again, limiting the framerate to 30 is usually a good idea. And the Vsync settings can also be useful sometimes,

Also close every non-essential application that’s running in the background, especially applications with overlay like Uplay or Fraps.

Top Bottom