Lambert, Eskel and Vezemir : ONLY TWO ... but with TRIO Effect

+
Hello :)

3 Witchers lambert, Vezemir And Eskel are OP, actually so i have idea to fix it :

Vezemir
Power 4 SUMMON Lambert OR Eskel From your Deck ( so ONLY 1 and not 2 )
TRIO : If you control Lambert, Eskel AND Vezemir HEAL 1 Witcher

Lambert
Power 4 SUMMON Vezemir OR Eskel From your Deck ( so ONLY 1 and not 2 )

Eskel
Power 4 SUMMON Lambert OR Vezemir From your Deck ( so ONLY 1 and not 2 )

EFFECT : You will play ONLY 2 unity with 1 card , but 3 Witchers can add bonus of Heal

It's a nice idea but I also have to say that I definitely want to keep the deck thinning potential of this trio.
I'd prefer to see these cards with slightly less power (and maybe without Roach...)

Honestly, you could put the Witchers and Roach down to 2 power and they would probably still see play in this current iteration of the game. I would not recommend doing this of course, simply because this is a symptom of the problem and not the root cause.

The lack of access to your deck (tutor cards) and deck thinning is the reason these cards have become more or less staples in the game.

I mean, there are other reason this is occurring, but... at this point... well....

The lack of access to your deck (tutor cards) and deck thinning is the reason these cards have become more or less staples in the game.

There are other thinning tools and tutors in the game though. The problem is other thinning tools cannot compete with Witchers for a number of reasons and most tutor cards are neutral.

A good example is comparing Witchers to, say, Mahakam Volunteers or Impera Brigade. The former is 21p for 12 pts on the board, 2 deck thinning and comes as a 3 card package. So in comparison...

1. 12 pts vs 6 pts
2. 12p for 6 pts vs 21p for 12 pts, slightly less efficient
3. 2 thinning vs 1 thinning
4. 3 cards vs 2 cards, so higher chance of finding at least 1

If you compare Brigades or Volunteers to, say, WH Riders or BSC it's a bit more favorable for Riders/BSC because their potentially 8 pts for 12 provisions and 1 thinning. The WH rider condition is easier to satisfy by going first in a round or playing a big card. The BSC can get more point value by copying them with Scouts. Notice people play these cards. Volunteers and Brigades see considerably less play.

You can probably put Skirmishers with Skalds/Birna in there too, although Discard is slightly different. Shieldmaidens would be a more accurate comparison but those are typically 7 pts for 12p and can be removed.

Witchers can also pull Roach, giving a 16 pt play. This is pretty valuable on red coin since you can stay 15 pts behind and still over-take in 1 card play. It's valuable on blue coin because you can lead tempo to avoid getting behind too far. It's valuable on both because you can thin by 2-3 in one card play. Despite the over-provisioning they're still incredibly valuable. The only huge drawback compared to other thin tools is the slightly less efficient provision cost and the mulligan headache. I wonder why people play Witchers.....

The neutral tutors and thinning tools face similar issues. They have the potential for significant drawbacks (Quax, Last Wish, Iris's Companions, Stregobor, potentially Villem), can be very expensive (Dandelion: Poet, Avallac'h: Sage), come as a single card, can be removed (Ciri: Dash, Summoning Circle) and/or only pull one card.

Basically, trio is too strong unless there are other available trio's and almost nothing else can provide the advantages of Witchers. Personally, I'd cut out the trio concept altogether. Split Witchers into 3 separate cards. Add in some faction tutors (2ish) and prop up the under-achieving faction thinning cards. See where that goes. If needed add slightly more faction tutors/thin tools.

There are other thinning tools and tutors in the game though. The problem is other thinning tools cannot compete with Witchers for a number of reasons and most tutor cards are neutral.

Basically, trio is too strong unless there are other available trio's and almost nothing else can provide the advantages of Witchers. Personally, I'd cut out the trio concept altogether. Split Witchers into 3 separate cards. Add in some faction tutors (2ish) and prop up the under-achieving faction thinning cards. See where that goes. If needed add slightly more faction tutors/thin tools.

I absolutly agree with the points you've put forward besides your solution of cutting the Witchers trio altogether. I'm in search with better options over the Witchers - something that could / would compete with them rather than their removal. Although, in saying that, I want the whole game to be a bit stronger overall than it is currently.

I absolutly agree with the points you've put forward besides your solution of cutting the Witchers trio altogether. I'm in search with better options over the Witchers - something that could / would compete with them rather than their removal. Although, in saying that, I want the whole game to be a bit stronger overall than it is currently.

Most of it is because trio is kind of strong. The only way other thin tools will compete with a trio option, short of nerfing said trio option into oblivion, is if they also use trio. It's easy to go too far with that and end up right back to post-Midwinter, where everyone runs like 2 trio options with some tutors and draws their entire deck reliably. Plus, trio is hard to fit in low mulligan leaders unless you like risking the chance of bricks. Incidentally, this is why I'd prefer every leader have at least 3 mulligans and abilities balanced around it. Or just the old mulligan system.... Doubt that'd happen though.

Great start - having each Witcher produce a different affect based on their Witcher world skill set would be even better.

What about making the 3 Witchers more or less the old Reaver Hunters?
Witcher (2): Summon the other two Witchers. Boost all copies of this unit by 1, wherever they are.
Repeat its ability whenever a copy of this unit is played.

If you have only 1 in hand, they will come out as 3x3, which will be less than currently, but still offers a thinning strength of 2.
If you have 2 in hand, the first will summon the one left in the deck and they will come out as 2x3, but the next one played will make them 3x6, which is pretty strong, as long as they aren't removed beforehand.
If all 3 of them are played from hand, they will be 3x8.

I'll just say I don't like running the witcher trio because they're boring and I hate seeing witcher trio / roach in like half my games because that's also boring.

What about making the trio 3 power with "deploy: boost this card by 1"?

You don't have to make different text/mechanics for each witcher.

You still get 10 power for your 7 provision card (and extra mulligan considerations.)

You still get to thin, which I think is desirable at this point, to help aim for more deck consistency.

Auckes & Serrit already have nice synergy adding 3 more cards with similar tech won't help.
The whole reason nearly every deck contains the witcher trio is because of thinning.
Devs should look into this so we can have more variation.

I stick with my idea to make the Witcher trio 3 str and change Roach so she can't be pulled out when you play them (summon Roach when you play a Gerald card would be the perfect lore friendly version of it).

people forget that roach can be pulled to
Errrr...No they don't, that have been mentioned multiple times before you said that.

Top Bottom