Lambert swordmaster

+
I finally reached the 10 posts so here's my suggestion for a card that I don't think I've ever seen played outside of arena. With the introduction of bombs, why not make him a tutor for bombs? He'd be more useful and it's coherent with the lore, witchers using bombs.

If we want to even him with other faction specific tutors he could be 9 provisions, 2 strengh: play a bomb from your deck. On one hand he's be less strong than faction specific tutors since I don't think there's any gold bomb yet (am i forgetting one?) (unless a tag is added to dragon's dream). On the other hand he'd be available to every faction and provide quite a lot of diversity (outside of damage, it could synergyse with poison, movement, it could banish or purify...).
Maybe the cost/strengh isn't balanced, that's just a suggestion but the idea seems viable to me...?

rrc

Forum veteran
I was thinking that we would get a Geralt who will do that in CC expansion itself. But I agree, Lambert can get this ability and he would at least be a viable Neutral card.

He needs a rework but why bombs? Which lore is that? Witchers don't use bombs.

(Yes, you can in The Witcher 3 but that's not lore, it's because gameplay functions. The same thing happens with the crossbow)

Maybe a second ability for him depending on which round he is played would be fine.

Well maybe lore isn't the right word. English isn't my native langage.
But then again: a lot of the cards are based in the videogame. Bombs are not in the books. They are in the witcher 2 and 3. They are in gwent. In the game geralt uses bombs and he's a witcher. I wouldn't be incoherent for Lambert to use them. Also there are a lot of card capacities that don't necessarily make sense so even if it's not "lore", it doesn't make it bad.

PS: In the books, Lambert doesn't kill resilient units either ^^

That's certainly an interesting idea, but 2 points for 9 provision is too expansive for that effect in my opinion. 7 provs or 4 body maybe? I would also think about giving him a shield damaging effect.

Or just stick with his current state then give him secondary ability (with a slight balancing of his power : provision)

Lambert: Swordmaster (2:9)
Deploy, Melee: Give an ally unit Resilience
Deploy, Ranged: Destroy an enemy unit with Resilience.

Resilience and the bomb tutor is a nice idea but neither of those reflects the title "swordmaster". The most suitable ability would be damage (but damage again?) He can also be the opposite of Eskel: Pathfinder.

Lambert: Swordmaster (4:9)
Melee: Every turn, on turn end, damage a random enemy by 1.

rrc

Forum veteran
Or just stick with his current state then give him secondary ability (with a slight balancing of his power : provision)

Lambert: Swordmaster (2:9)
Deploy, Melee: Give an ally unit Resilience
Deploy, Ranged: Destroy an enemy unit with Resilience.

Resilience and the bomb tutor is a nice idea but neither of those reflects the title "swordmaster". The most suitable ability would be damage (but damage again?)
This I Like! But this would be make Adrenaline Rush obsolete (it is already obsolete I know, but still) since AR is 8 provisions. So, 9 provisions will be a wrong option with 2 point body. Something can be done with the provision, but this alternate ability is awesome as it complements his other ability.

Yes he needs a second ability depending in which row he is played.

I like the idea. Also I'm playing a purely machine deck with Foltest right now and Ballista needs a slighty rework. 5 provision cost for only 1 charge... that's useless if you can play Lyrian Arbalest (gaining charges when you play another unit with orders) for the same provision cost...

Please devs change Ballista to gain 1 charge when you play another machine or change its provision cost from 5 to 4 with its current ability (only 1 charge)

Do it. It's a good and fair change.

I like that idea, but I would limit the damage also to the enemy melee row, but increase his base strength to 5.

Nah, that's ability is a bad idea. Why? because we have already too much removal in the game.

Besides we have a lot of bronze/golds cards that have abilities like that, specially in Scoia'tael decks. Even Cratch can do that. Please I want a more interesting an original ability for him, not only dealing damage points. I'm tired of that.

Top Bottom