Lambert's secret lover

+
Lambert's secret lover

So during the drinking session in Kaer Morhen, Lambert says that he jumped out a lovers window, because he didn't want to hurt his friends feelings. Then, according to Geralt, he shows his affection to some people by being rude to them. Now in the book, Blood of Elves, and the first Witcher game, he was always calling Triss ''Merigold'', which annoyed her, and generally was being a dick towards her. There is also the fact that his special gwent card is, you guessed it, Triss Merigold.

Now this is all a bit lacking as evidence, but enough perhaps to make us players suspect something might have happened between them. Then, today, I ran across this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/3btpt4/witcher_1_footprints_in_triss_house/

Footsteps in Triss' house leading, conveniently, to the window. What do you guys make of this? Enough evidence to be damning or just coincidence?

Hmmmm a little weak as a theory. Why they shouldn't be only Triss's wet footsteps after having a bath?
Plus i noticed there isn't footprints in the wood under the window, so the footprints stopped before jumping out.

Last edited:
Would be a hell of a rabbit hole. But sadly, that seems pretty unlikely considering that when Geralt arrives, the house has already been abandoned and ransacked.

Whoa, just rewatched gameplay video of TW1 Chapter 3, these footsteps are really there, not PSed.

Some heavy conspiracy stuff.

Attachments

• CCFkUvLWgAAAoZU.jpg
    CCFkUvLWgAAAoZU.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 782
Hmmmm a little weak as a theory. Why they shouldn't be only Triss's wet footsteps after having a bath?
Plus i noticed there isn't footprints in the wood under the window, so the footprints stopped before jumping out.

The footprints end at the window. If it was Triss' then there should be prints leading away from the window, as I doubt she would jump out of it in her own house. As for no footprints under the window, Lambert could have jumped out without his feet touching there. Witchers are agile.

EDIT. Of course it could be possible that Triss simply had her shoes/slippers near the window and she walked there to put them on.

Last edited:
The footprints end at the window. If it was Triss' then there should be prints leading away from the window, as I doubt she would jump out of it in her own house. As for no footprints under the window, Lambert could have jumped out without his feet touching there. Witchers are agile.

EDIT. Of course it could be possible that Triss simply had her shoes/slippers near the window and she walked there to put them on.
It's simpler - Triss teleported to a safer place when witch hunters came to her house.

Lambert went to Kaedwen looking for Salamandra, he hardly could be in Vizima. Moreover, he states he had to run through the window not to get caught, but Geralt didn't come to Triss' house himself, it was she who brought him there after his battle with Javed, he was injured etc.

Lambert went to Kaedwen looking for Salamandra, he hardly could be in Vizima. Moreover, he states he had to run through the window not to get caught, but Geralt didn't come to Triss' house himself, it was she who brought him there after his battle with Javed, he was injured etc.

Good points.

so did this actually ever happen? has CDPR confirmed that they put this in? it seems a little far fetched for the reasons explained by Gennad86 especially, but also it seems like they dislike eachother in the game and I think in the books as well.

so did this actually ever happen? has CDPR confirmed that they put this in? it seems a little far fetched for the reasons explained by Gennad86 especially, but also it seems like they dislike eachother in the game and I think in the books as well.

I remember seeing a post on Reddit where a CDPR rep said that it was basically up to the player's interpretation.

IMO, none of it makes enough sense for it to be legit...

* At the end of the W1 prologue, Lambert is heading to Kaedwen IIRC. Triss's house is in Vizima (Temeria) which is way way way southwest of Kaedwen.
* For this theory to hold true, Lambert went to a completely different part of the world than what was agreed @ Kaer Morhen for their plan against Salamandra, went to Triss's house in Vizima to have sex with her, and snuck out of the house to avoid being caught by Geralt - this doesn't make sense for it to be Triss as the girl in question because the first time Geralt ends up at the house is when Triss goes to the swamp to teleport Geralt back to her house after he was unconcious after his battle at the tower with The Professor & Azar Javad - so none of those things line up chronologically. Triss couldn't have been in the middle of having sex with Lambert AND teleporting to the swamp herself to bring Geralt back to her house and I just don't think Lambert would have traveled to a completely different part of the world than he was supposed to be in just to have sex with Triss, who was clearly into Geralt already based on things that happened @ Kaer Morhen (and other history that all the witchers were already well aware of amongst Triss, Yen, and Geralt).
* And the biggest one to me - Triss has been in love with Geralt for around 20 years. Starting with the Prologue where Geralt just shows up (she, and just about everyone else on the planet who knew him thought he was dead from a pogrom in Rivia several years earlier where he was stabbed through the chest by a peasant with a pitchfork) injured, assuming most players sleep with Triss there at Kaer Morhen, Triss would be absolutely in heaven in that situation - Geralt, essentially the love of her life for the last two decades, basically comes back from the dead and, at least at this point in time, knows he has strong feelings for a sorceress, assumes it's Triss, and remembers having warm feelings for Triss anyway - there is no possibility under the sun at that point, that Triss would ever sleep with Lambert (or anyone) and risk jeopardizing the possibility of something she's been waiting two decades for - a real relationship with Geralt and in a situation where, at least for the time being, he apparently had forgotten about his toxic relationship with Yennefer, giving her a free and clear opportunity to at least show him what a relationship with her would be like.

As a side possibility, the only thing I could suggest is that during that several year period where Geralt was presumed as dead by pretty much everybody, it's possible Triss and Lambert could have gotten together at that point - but as soon as Geralt came back into her life, she'd drop Lambert like a bad habit. If CDPR intended a Lambert / Triss relationship twist under this described situation, they really missed an opportunity to throw in a love triangle there for the first couple games. But like I said, because of the book lore, Triss is absolutely head over heels in love with Geralt, and basically has been ever since she met him. So just the suggestion of such a situation with Lambert under the circumstances of the first game is just absurd.

Last edited:
IMO, none of it makes enough sense for it to be legit...

yea I know, I mean I haven't read all of the books to know enough of how crazy about geralt she is, I think i read the novel where they first meet and she tries to tell him how she feels about him but that's how far I've gotten, but this debate recently came up because of a recent youtube video and it claimed that someone from CDPR twitter account confirmed it awhile back. to me it seems to be a bit of a stretch based on all the evidence, it just doesn't add up, but yea, the claim is that someone from CDPR confirmed it on twitter. do you have a link to the post of the CDPR rep on reddit perhaps that says it is 'up to your interpretation'?

Guest 3847602

ah ok, I got my answer then. they backtracked and said it is up to our speculation. that's probably best since the whole theory is full of holes, and lambert is still a prick anyways. i'm glad you linked that because a lot of people still think they did it with absolute certainty, I don't think most people know about this post on reddit that dismisses the definitive 'yes' response that someone from CDPR posted earlier on facebook as 'confirmation'.

yea I know, I mean I haven't read all of the books to know enough of how crazy about geralt she is, I think i read the novel where they first meet and she tries to tell him how she feels about him but that's how far I've gotten, but this debate recently came up because of a recent youtube video and it claimed that someone from CDPR twitter account confirmed it awhile back. to me it seems to be a bit of a stretch based on all the evidence, it just doesn't add up, but yea, the claim is that someone from CDPR confirmed it on twitter. do you have a link to the post of the CDPR rep on reddit perhaps that says it is 'up to your interpretation'?

Ya what happened in the reddit post is a social media person from CDPR initially said that yes Lambert & Triss got together, and then Marcin (can't remember his last name - big wig @ CDPR) chimed in with the post above that ooodrin was kind enough to provide, explaining that it's up to the player's interpretation. When I read that, I did a little digging back at the dialogue in the games, etc. as I was legitimately curious on whether this was even feasible (my playthrough choices would completely change if this actually was accurate) and like I broke down in my above post - it really isn't for a variety of reasons relative to chronology, logistics, and just common sense based on the lore. :)

(my playthrough choices would completely change if this actually was accurate)

I am replaying wticher 1 right now and yea I don't see it. they seem like they hate each other and get on eachother's nerves. triss still seems desperate to be with geralt to me. lambert says he doesn't like triss when you ask him and thinks she's too pretentious. triss said it was horrible having lambert look after her after she was hurt in the opening battle and you give her the potion. I've not gotten to the part where she teleports you to her house in vizima yet but i'm pretty sure choices you make don't affect that either. for me at least this would also completely destroy triss' character and the romance between her and geralt because you are led to believe that she is completely enamored with geralt, and it plays as sort of a contrast to the toxic relationship between yen and geralt, which included them cheating on eachother, I think why a lot of players choose triss over yen, because the relationships are not portrayed the same, yet if triss was going behind geralts back then it would seem like a toxic relationship as well. I think it would destroy her character as well for a lot of other fans probably since it seems completely out of character for her to do this, at least at the beginning of witcher 1 when she's trying to get geralt to be with her, and if you use the books as a prequal to the games then she has been wanting to be with him for awhile, as you said.

...and the thing about there being a possibility they hooked up when geralt was presumed dead, also doesn't quite make sense, but that would probably be the best time if they were gonna have a fling. reason it doesn't make sense is because lambert says he jumped out of a window to evade being caught by a friend. assuming he meant triss was his lover there, and geralt was the friend, geralt would've had to show up a lot earlier, back from the dead, and knock on triss' house in vizima, where it is suggested the footsteps that are there belong to lambert. Then he would have to go back and disappear again, and come back from the dead to start the beginning of witcher 1.

Last edited:
Top Bottom